TN - Family stands up for brother with Down syndrome working at restaurant

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
13177134_10205919284450506_6845487261070955983_n.jpg

Ever since my dad passed away, my little bro has been working day in and day out at Ankar's Hoagies to ensure that my father's legacy keeps going strong. From greeting customers to cleaning the dining room to working the grill, Andrew works tirelessly to make sure our business is a success - and he does it all with a smile on his face.

When I learned that someone had the audacity to file a report with the local health inspector over an adult with Down syndrome being in the kitchen of a restaurant that he is not just employed at, but that he owns, I was floored. It makes my blood boil that there are people in this world who don't have an ounce of kindness in their heart to appreciate what an amazing person he is. The fact that there are people out there in this world that view people with disabilities as sub-human disgusts me.
http://www.today.com/news/family-stands-brother-down-syndrome-working-restaurant-t92566

The person who complained is lucky they can remain anonymous.

You rock, Andrew. If I go through your area (and I will make every effort during my travels), I'll make it a point to be a customer. You are the epitome of what makes humanity great, and so are your family and supporters. :goldcrown:

Thank you, los2188 for posting this. All about love and loyalty and carrying on... We don't read about such good things happening enough, You made my day! :loveyou:

The person who filed a complaint is a despicable human being.

The person who filed a complaint is a despicable human being.

LOL, I don't even think they qualify as a 'human' being. A negative being, I'll give you. Not being snarky because ITA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back