GA GA - Atlanta, LIVING BlkMale 950UMGA, 68-69, aka Albert 'Bubba' Smith, Mar'05

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/0705/31johndoe3.html

• Identifies himself as Albert Smith
• Found: March 21, 2005, in southeast Atlanta, wandering the streets "with altered mental status."
• Description: African-American male; 6 feet, 146 pounds, gray hair, hazel eyes, possibly 68 or 69 years old.
• Clues: Mentions Dublin most frequently, along with other Middle Georgia and South Georgia locations. ? Names his parents as Alfred and Emma Smith. Possibly has older brothers. Childhood nickname: Buddy or Bubba. ... Also talks about a St. Luke's Baptist Church and working for sawmills and for a sheriff's deputy.
• If you have information: Call 404-616-8100.

fran said:
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/0705/31johndoe3.html

• Identifies himself as Albert Smith
• Found: March 21, 2005, in southeast Atlanta, wandering the streets "with altered mental status."
• Description: African-American male; 6 feet, 146 pounds, gray hair, hazel eyes, possibly 68 or 69 years old.
• Clues: Mentions Dublin most frequently, along with other Middle Georgia and South Georgia locations. ? Names his parents as Alfred and Emma Smith. Possibly has older brothers. Childhood nickname: Buddy or Bubba. ... Also talks about a St. Luke's Baptist Church and working for sawmills and for a sheriff's deputy.
• If you have information: Call 404-616-8100.
Here is a link that doesn't require registration;
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?U200500033S

Awhile ago, I read an article about an elderly man (I think it was in GA) in a nursing home and they wanted to know if anyone had information on him or knew him. I can not find that article anywhere! Does anyone remember this, if so could you please post the link. Thanks so much!

Check the GBI site to see if you can find him...they list all UID's for GA.

I remember him, too, Synthia. I am pretty certain that the nursing home is in Atlanta. He had eye cataracts, if I recall correctly. When I first discovered websleuths, I spent a whole day looking through the DoeNetwork site, stunned at the sheer numbers of missing and unidentified people. I am pretty sure that is where I saw this gentleman. He looked like such a kind grandfather. I hope he gets reunited with his family.

Truly..

Thats him.. thank you, thank you.. I have been searching forever.

This is why.. I did alot of research on this undentified man, then computer crashed. Anyways, I found someone who might be this man. Randolph Savage Link here: http://www.nampn.org/cases/savage_randolph.html Dates seem to match, but weight, height is way off, but have seen mistakes with this before. What stood out to me is the nic name of "Bubba" and the mothers name. Randolphs mothers name is simular to what other "bubba" remembers, lost it when the computer crashed, I think it was Elva or something simular. The distance from NC to where "doe" was found isn't really that long of a distance, seeing as though Randolph was a known walker (as many news articles stated) he could have easily received a ride. What does everyone else think??

sorry. mothers name was Ellen

Ellen Tate
Savage Fuller
Ellen Tate Savage Fuller, 104, 300 Magnolia St., died Monday, November 8, 2004 at the home of her son Ralph Savage. She was the widow of Robert Fuller and Randolph Savage and the daughter of the late Benjamin Tate and the late Nancy Jefferies Tate.
A native of Union County, she was a member of Shady Grove Baptist Church and a farmer.
She is survived by two sons, Ralph Savage of the home and Randolph Savage Jr. of Shelby, N.C.; one daughter, Vinnie Wood of Dayton, Ohio; 45 grandchildren and 101 great-grandchildren and great great-grandchildren.
Foster Funeral Home is serving the Fuller family.

Wow, Synthia, there certainly are a lot of similiarities...the time frame, the dementia, the nickname Bubba, the walking in search of the mother, and the similiar names of the mother. I think you should call the Shelby Police (phone # at the bottom of your missing persons link), and give them the info about the man who is at the Crestview Health and Rehabilitation Center in Atlanta (404) 616-8100 (from the doenetwork site). I am sure they could determine whether this is the man whose family misses him so much! Wow, wouldn't that be so sweet if this is really him! :blowkiss:

This is why.. I did alot of research on this undentified man, then computer crashed. Anyways, I found someone who might be this man. Randolph Savage Link here: http://www.nampn.org/cases/savage_randolph.html Dates seem to match, but weight, height is way off, but have seen mistakes with this before. What stood out to me is the nic name of "Bubba" and the mothers name. Randolphs mothers name is simular to what other "bubba" remembers, lost it when the computer crashed, I think it was Elva or something simular. The distance from NC to where "doe" was found isn't really that long of a distance, seeing as though Randolph was a known walker (as many news articles stated) he could have easily received a ride. What does everyone else think??

From the link

Distinguishing Characteristics: Burn scar on back of right
hand, scar approximately 1-1/2" long on right cheek near nose,
missing teeth. Curly hair.

This should be easy enough to find out by calling the home where the UID is...see if he has such a scar on his face.

From the link

Distinguishing Characteristics: Burn scar on back of right
hand, scar approximately 1-1/2" long on right cheek near nose,
missing teeth. Curly hair.

This should be easy enough to find out by calling the home where the UID is...see if he has such a scar on his face.

I think I can see the same scar on the faces of both men! Sort of a small dark line in the same shape near the nose. And they both are missing teeth!

Oh, I will be so happy if this is him! Synthia's link had an article at the bottom about how much his daughter misses him, and how she wished she had known more about missing persons when he first went missing.

Here's part of the article:
Case of missing father unsolved more than two years later 7:47 AM

[SIZE=-1]07:10 PM EST on Sunday, February 11, 2007[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]By WCNC Staff [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]E-mail Us: 6NEWS@WCNC.com[/SIZE]

Video On Demand
missingman.jpg
video-headlineicon.gif
The Bubba Savage story

NEW video at this hour
video-headlineicon.gif

SHELBY - A Cleveland County family waits for answers after their father and grandfather Randolph “Bubba” Savage disappeared more than two years ago.
“I didn’t think it would go on two years,” said Katrina Mitchell, Savage’s daughter. “He vanished.”
She and the rest of her family often look at photos to help keep her father’s memory alive. Savage was 74-years-old at the time he disappeared and was on medication for dementia.
“Just not knowing what happened is the roughest part,” said Barry Savage, Bubba’s son. “I don’t see that a person could just disappear off the face of the earth.”
Since Savage disappeared in November 2004, police have had virtually nothing to go on.
“No leads whatsoever have come in since the report has been issued,” said Detective Mike Tucker, Shelby Police Department.
The day Savage went missing, several people spotted him walking around Shelby. At the time, the fact he was walking by himself didn’t raise any concern. Bubba was known to walk around town all the time.

~snip~

The regret Mitchell feels surrounding her father’s illness and his disappearance is something she doesn’t want any other family to deal with.
“If I would have known what I know now, I would’ve found someone I could talk to. I would’ve been better prepared. I would’ve known exactly what to do that day,” said Mitchell.
Now the family prays for closure.
“Every day I live, whether it is good or bad, I believe in my heart God would make me strong enough to deal with it, if it was bad. I could finally go and do what I need to do with him,” she said. ”We just want him home.”

I am mostly concerned about the height diff....but as mentioned, could be a typo.

Do you all want me to call the place here in ATL about the scar?

I am mostly concerned about the height diff....but as mentioned, could be a typo.

Do you all want me to call the place here in ATL about the scar?

lol, if anybody else had asked, I think the unanimous response would be, 'Let's ask christine!' LOL, I would just call the police, but I know from looking at your website for missing persons that you know best how these things are done.:blowkiss:

lol, if anybody else had asked, I think the unanimous response would be, 'Let's ask christine!' LOL, I would just call the police, but I know from looking at your website for missing persons that you know best how these things are done.:blowkiss:

OK, this is what is on the poster...I will ring them when I leave here in about 15..will post when I arrive home.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Crestview Health and Rehabilitative Center
404-616-8100

:blowkiss:rightbackatcha Truly!

DNA not availalbe for the UID.....If this is true, we can help him get this done. I will again, update you as I am.

I called Shelby PD to see if our guy in Atlanta had been ruled out already against R.S. Also called Crestview...got security gaurd, says there are a "few UID's there"...interesting. I left msg there also, offering help w/exposure and DNA if needed.

Will update you as I am! :woohoo:

I called Shelby PD to see if our guy in Atlanta had been ruled out already against R.S. Also called Crestview...got security gaurd, says there are a "few UID's there"...interesting. I left msg there also, offering help w/exposure and DNA if needed.

Will update you as I am! :woohoo:
Thanks, Christine! I am holding my breath! It is so exciting that Synthia might have actually made a match! Perhaps some websleuthers have seen this happen previously, but it's the first time I have seen it (hopefully!!)

The first man that jules linked to in post #2 is also at Crestview. Gosh, his story is just as compelling, and it would seem that someone would know him. He was running steps in a pair of running shorts and a T-shirt at the stadium when he fell and was injured. Surely he had an apartment...a job...friends...family...? He was taken to Grady Hospital. Crestview is affiliated with Grady.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back