Match! NJ - Netcong, WhtMale UP15078, 18-25, in Furnace Pond, Apr'16 *Dylan Bright*

http://www.njherald.com/article/20160505/ARTICLE/305059983# The most recent article I found about it.

"Agent Paul Merkler of the Morris County Prosecutor's office on Wednesday said the bones -- which have yet to be identified as human or animal remains -- recovered near the pond are "under forensic examination by the New Jersey State Police.""It is unknown how long it will take to complete the examination," Merkler said."

So I'm assuming there wasn't a skull? That would tip them off pretty quickly.

http://www.njherald.com/article/20160424/ARTICLE/304249972 Another article from earlier.
http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/ne...bones-found-near-forge-pond-netcong/83497284/

Maybe connected to that skull found in brick?

he was found dead over a year ago.

??

They dated that article today. Ugh!

Oh wait. I think I misunderstood. I thought you meant Dylan was found deceased. He is still missing.

I was wondering if the bones had a probable year of death as in....1980-1990, or some such thing. As in, did they predate his disappearance.

Not sure if that is the same Dylan Bright. I am in contact with his family as of this afternoon. One of those finder sites shows that he was arrested on a parole violation in Sussex county on 6/29/15 but his mother says that information is definitely wrong. The family called the jail mentioned and he is not in the jail. No sign that he had been released, either. Not quite sure what's going on with that.

Ok, after checking, it looks like that is him. He also has charges from Sussex and Morris County. I believe the grandmother is currently working on getting him entered into namus and may be speaking to the police about checking his DNA against this UID. I will let you know if I hear anything. In the meantime I am still attempting to search for him in jail records.

So it looks like he had been arrested at the time of his disappearance, then maybe disappeared when released?

If his partial skeletal remains were found in a pond, was he dismembered? Or was it a tidal pond or something?

Ok, after checking, it looks like that is him. He also has charges from Sussex and Morris County. I believe the grandmother is currently working on getting him entered into namus and may be speaking to the police about checking his DNA against this UID. I will let you know if I hear anything. In the meantime I am still attempting to search for him in jail records.

My understanding is that he was not arrested on the parole violation.

I'm marking this Match!, as it looks like Apearn spotted the match, and Kaylara Owl was instrumental in getting his family in touch with authorities regarding this MP and this UP before he was even entered to NamUs.

Congrats, both of you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back