MI MI - Tamara Greene, 27, Detroit, 30 April 2003

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy announced in a Thursday news release that an independent review will be conducted into the shooting death of a stripper.

Worthy made a formal request that Detroit Police Chief Ella Bully-Cummings hand over the department's file regarding the Tamara Greene homicide, which was believed to have occurred on April 30, 2003.

A former Detroit police detective, Alvin Bowman, has filed a lawsuit against the city claiming he was demoted for investigating whether the slaying of Greene was linked to a rumored party at the Manoogian Mansion.

Greene, who was also known as "Strawberry," was rumored to have danced at Kilpatrick's alleged party, which was never proven to have taken place, Local 4 reported.

Worthy said Wednesday that her investigation will focus on Greene's homicide, and not the alleged party.

Greene was killed in a drive-by shooting, and Bowman said his homicide squad came to a surprising finding.

"Given the number of rounds fired with that one individual with that one gun, it was presumed it could have been someone in law enforcement," Bowman told a courtroom during his testimony last week.

But Rescue 4 discovered that Cox has been accused by state police of blocking them from the investigation and failing to question other potential witnesses. The mayor's wife, Carlita Kilpatrick, who was rumored to have assaulted an exotic dancer at the alleged party, was never interviewed by Cox.

"What I want to make sure we stay focused on is the fact that nothing ever happened," Kilpatrick said.

The mayor referred to the state police investigation and Rescue 4's investigation as political.

"With three, four weeks left in the campaign, and the state police, who have never been a friend to anybody in this community, continue to try to push this issue," he said.
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/5094684/detail.html

I searched for a forum for this murder case out of Detroit. If it's here somewhere...Mods please merge. This case had gone cold and it involves the office of scandal ridden Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. I've been following the scandals and the Tamara Greene case for about a year. If you haven't followed it, below is a link to Tamara's case in a nutshell. Basically she was a stripper who performed with two other girls at a party at the Mayors mansion. His wife walked in and broke her arm. Word leaked out, the stripper party was denied as having ever happened and Tamara ends up being gunned down with a possible police issued gun. Rumor is one of the other strippers turned up being shot dead in Georgia but I haven't been able to confirm that. Well a retired Detroit PD clerk came forward today to say she read the police report Tamara originally filed against the Mayors wife for assault. Now the Chief of Police is about to hold a presser at:

http://www.wxyz.com/content/video/stream.aspx

This case is so involved and has taken a life of it's own and the City recently settled for millions with police officers who were wrongfully fired for investigating the supposed party and Tamara's death. Below is the link to the Tamara Greene case:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headline/nation/5604448.html

In a rather bizarre public relations blunder, the mayor's press secretary told Detroit media outlets the chief of police would address reporters chasing developments in the Tamara Greene murder investigation. But the chief didn't show -- and her office says the media was misinformed.

Reporters started gathering outside police headquarters shortly after 6 p.m. Monday when the mayor's office said Chief Ella Bully-Cummings would be holding a hastily scheduled press conference at 6:15 p.m.
(more at link)
http://www.wxyz.com/news/story.aspx?content_id=58302859-a104-4f6e-93b1-8655d5a5201d

For those that aren't familiar - the Mansion is where the "mayor" and his wife live. (I say that because there is a nightclub here by the name of "mansion" and in the beginning when the story first came out, some thought it was implying the party took place there)

it's a big front page news thing here. But Kwame is dirty all the way around IMO.

Jinxie, thank you! You'll be able to add alot of local info to this thread. I actually started following the Mayor when the SUV scandal happened and he's been like watching a train wreck ever since. I really feel this case has the potential to be one of the biggest coverups in history.

ETA: when I posted this thread I didn't know where to start there are so many facets to it.

For those that aren't familiar - the Mansion is where the "mayor" and his wife live. (I say that because there is a nightclub here by "mansion" and in the beginning when the story first came out, some thought it was implying the party took place there)

it's a big front page news thing here. But Kwame is dirty all the way around IMO.

Thank you for saying that out loud, Jinxie. There are so many things about Kwame that bother me.

Corruption of any kind is not & should not be tolerated in a civilized society elsewise the society will not survive in the long run.

Why can't these high level people grow the **** up? Here's to hoping that all the guilty end up in jail for the rest of their miserable lives as all they had to do was start a different chapter in their journey's if the behavior was not acceptable to them. Instead they decide to murder to cover up their perversions?

I will never get this, ever.

Thank you for saying that out loud, Jinxie. There are so many things about Kwame that bother me.

LOL - As ya'll know, I usually adhere to Thumper (from the bambi movie) advice, but where this one is concerned? Well...lets just say..I'd never be able to say a word. That is how dirty *I* think he is.

Have you read about Douglas Johnson? He's leading a "campaign" to have Kwame Recalled as mayor... (And he's attempting to run for city council himself) Anyways, some interesting things --

Here's an article from local news source -

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/15505671/detail.html

Snip -

1-Man Drive Aims To Oust Mayor

DETROIT -- Douglas Johnson, one man who calls himself an "everyday Detroiter," submitted six possible recall petitions to the Wayne County Elections Commission to recall Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, one of which was accepted Wednesday."What's driving this is I want to see Detroit be what it's supposed to be," Johnson said.The petition focuses on the mayor's conduct during the police whistleblower lawsuit last summer.

(more at link)

Here's Douglas' website if anyone cares to read the stuff his opinions on kwame lol.

http://www.douglasjohnsonforchange.com/

Interesting reading about Kwame & the whistleblower lawsuit (cost detroit over 8 million to settle!) http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/15423785/detail.html

Text messages between his top aide and himself regarding/detailing their affair. The thing that angers me here...people do have affairs, I understand that, I may not agree with it, but S**T happens. What DOES bother me..they did this on the taxpayers dime....Anyways, some interesting albeit nauseating reading....

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/15147278/detail.html

If you follow the box on the right about halfway down you'll see "images" "Mayors text messages" click on the link and it will bring up a slideshow of the different messages.

Hope it helps ya'll a bit...I have a couple forums that I follow where people are discussing it if anyone is interested in learning more...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/15553350/detail.html

Snip -

Kilpatrick To Discuss Economy, Not Scandal In Address

DETROIT -- Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick will tell residents Tuesday night about his plans for improving the sagging local economy, rebuilding the city's aging infrastructure and helping to put the unemployed back to work.

Some of the "charges" he's possibly looking at (This could be the make/break factor of whether he remains as mayor) Problem comes in that Many in Detroit state he's "one of our own" and the code of silence goes w/ that. Makes outsiders wonder about us Detroiters eh? =(

Snip - (from link referenced above)

mayor's once-bright political future could rest on a prosecutor's decision on whether to charge him with perjury after he denied under oath during a whistle-blowers' trial that he and a former top aide had a romantic relationship.

The lawsuit, which eventually cost taxpayers $8.4 million, was filed by two former Detroit police officers who said they were fired or forced to resign for investigating claims that Kilpatrick used his security unit to cover up extramarital affairs.

Wayne County prosecutor Kym Worthy is expected to decide on whether charges will be brought agains the mayor and others by Friday.

Outside of perjury, Worthy could charge Kilpatrick and Beatty under a general false statement statute or contempt of court, Wayne State University law professor Peter Henning said.A conviction on misdemeanor charges would not automatically force Kilpatrick from office as would a felony perjury conviction."I think he stands a reasonable chance of being re-elected, barring a felony conviction," Henning said. "He is a resilient politician, a very good politician.

This is someone who has shown that he can resurrect himself."Kilpatrick survived accusations of misusing city credit cards during his first term in office, abusing a civic fund set up in his name, and a 2005 re-election challenge.

**End of snip (more details and filler at link above)***

I'm not naive enough to think that bribes, and back scratching isn't part of politics. However, I don't know how much Michigan's economy and issues makes the news outside of Detroit. But it is AWFUL here. our foreclosure rate is the highest (or was very recently) in the country, our unemployment rate is the highest. People are getting cut from funding because the state doesn't have it, and those applying for any type of assistance are being denied for the same reason.

My point to that rambling paragraph is..Detroit CANNOT afford this. Think of how many taxpayers that 8 million alone could have helped out (and that's just one payout!)..After all it did come from the taxpayers, it should go back to them in their time of need. IMO he's too busy playing the Name dropping part of being mayor instead of doing what's best for those who put him into office....

This piece of garbage "mayor" sounds like the piece of crap politicians we have in Memphis. I believe 99% of the FORD family are corrupt, yet the fine folks in Memphis would rather see that family (and there is another factor) in office then someone who is more qualified and more honest.

It amazes me why we keep people like this in office when they cannot even control their own *homes*.

For those that aren't familiar - the Mansion is where the "mayor" and his wife live. (I say that because there is a nightclub here by the name of "mansion" and in the beginning when the story first came out, some thought it was implying the party took place there)

I totally agree and I'm not even following all the crap he's involved in very closely. He needs to go!!!

This piece of garbage "mayor" sounds like the piece of crap politicians we have in Memphis. I believe 99% of the FORD family are corrupt, yet the fine folks in Memphis would rather see that family (and there is another factor) in office then someone who is more qualified and more honest. It amazes me why we keep people like this in office when they cannot even control their own *homes*.

It really shouldn't amaze you, considering around 70% of Americans graduate from h.s., and TV adult programs are written on the level of a 12 year old.

How about this one - really happened:
An Army captain had just arrived in the US and needed to get civilian clothes. She went to a store, still dressed in her uniform. When she went to pay, one of the teenage girls at the counter asked her where she'd been. She replied, "Afghanistan." The other girl gushed, "Oh, how was your vacation?"

This piece of garbage "mayor" sounds like the piece of crap politicians we have in Memphis. I believe 99% of the FORD family are corrupt, yet the fine folks in Memphis would rather see that family (and there is another factor) in office then someone who is more qualified and more honest.

It amazes me why we keep people like this in office when they cannot even control their own *homes*.

I followed the Tennessee Waltz and Ford family. Talk about some shocking political shenanigans! Just how many wives and children does one politician need? And, for goodness sakes ... how do you expense an entire wedding to a campaign fund? :eek:

Hope it helps ya'll a bit...I have a couple forums that I follow where people are discussing it if anyone is interested in learning more...

Oh please post the links. I'm very interested in reading them.

**These are not fact,(Facts are mentioned) but people discussing what's happening. Some opinions are pretty heavy - Race, sexual orientations, drugs, etc are ALL mentioned at one point or another - for anyone easily offended by that type of thing..Please click the following links at your own risk**

Pretty good timeline of what's occured so far this year - sad it's sooo long already! (it does have some comments quoted by readers as well excerpts of some of Kwame's "apology" and explanation -

http://inkslwc.wordpress.com/2008/02/03/update-on-the-detroit-mayor-kwame-kilpatrick-scandal/

http://forums.freep.com/viewtopic.p...ys=0&postorder=asc&highlight=kwame+kilpatrick
(Freep changed their forums and you have to backtrack through the news one to find alot of the dirt) The thread above links to comments and opinions about the hours of texting that the lawyers wanted pertaining to txt messaging that went on during the "Party"

Here ya go suzi! Happy Reading! The above applies, but I like reading them, because they're people's thoughts Uncensored if that makes sense?
http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckForum&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a51c142dc-bac9-41ec-98e5-a131847886aeForum%3a86ea162b-0e56-422e-8a95-670ac70aa8ffDiscussion%3a3bf68c35-ad6a-420d-a62a-2df38d393d7b

http://www.detroitgothic.net/t6663.html (older forum, but shows you even 3 years ago things were shady LOL)

11 page thread (last I read) from the local news station
http://www.clickondetroit.com/forum...messages.cfm?sitekey=det&Forum=58&Topic=17576

Whole slew of comments/threads - nice thing that I like about this layout is they always link back to the article that started the conversation.
http://info.detnews.com/redesign/fo...bcs.dll/article?AID=/20080311/METRO/803110372

Happy Reading - Keep a vomit bag nearby - most of it is sickening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back