ME ME - Portland, Fore River, AsianFem 30-50, UP15135, tattooed brows, $500, 'Bride' sweatshirt, May'15

Alleykins

Reaction score
attachment.php

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15135
Namus UP case # 15135
Discovered 05/22/2015 in Portland ME
TOD 1 Day
Date entered: 05/17/2016
Height: 61 inches
Weight: 99 lbs.
Physical: 12 inch brown straight hair in a ponytail, 6 inch mid-line, well healed horizontal abdominal scar
Circumstances: A passer-by discovered the body of a woman in the water, a short distance from Fore Street.
Clothing:nude colored lace thong
nude colored knee high tights
turquoise jeans
white long-sleeved shirt
turquoise short-sleeved shirt
white zip up sweatshirt with "Bride" in white rhinestones on the back
jean jacket
Jewelry:Yellow metal quartz watch with white stones around face
White metal bird dangle earrings
Yellow metal flower ring with white stones in the middle of flowers
Black butterfly hair clip
Other-$500 in cash
My Notes: I was surprised to find this in NamUs today. I've never heard of this case, and I only live 2 hours away. Given that the UP was found within a day, and given the circumstances, it seems to me that she would have been ID'd right away. Surely, if she were indeed a bride, wouldn't she have been noticed missing when she didn't show up for the wedding? It sounds like a bachelorette party gone wrong. Given she had all that cash, it doesn't appear she made it to the party. Again, you'd think her absence would be noticed, unless the party was a ruse of some sort to get her out of the way.

Attachments

• NamUs Case 15135.jpg
    NamUs Case 15135.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 299
attachment.php

Other-$500 in cash

Interesting case, strange that money: a thief or a killer hardly have left them the money; perhaps she had to give it to someone, and she died on the way maybe of natural causes.

That's an awful lot of clothing to have on... I'm thinking she wasn't in the bridal party... maybe it is second hand

That's an awful lot of clothing to have on... I'm thinking she wasn't in the bridal party... maybe it is second hand

Not really, not in Maine. I had my heat on until June last year, and it snowed in some parts of Maine on Memorial Day in 2015. Last week they got 3-7 inches up north. So it looks about right to me.

Not really, not in Maine. I had my heat on until June last year, and it snowed in some parts of Maine on Memorial Day in 2015. Last week they got 3-7 inches up north. So it looks about right to me.
Wouldn't you put on a proper coat or vest? I thought the amount of shirts she had on would feel super bulky. Thank you for the local weather insight :) appreciate your thoughts on this!

It's kind of hit or miss in springtime here. I stop wearing my winter coat when it starts getting warmer during the day even when the nights and mornings are still cold. Sometimes the weather doesn't cooperate, like this year. I put my winter coat away and it was like 40 degrees for a week after that. To be honest, I never know what to wear for outer from one day to the next this time of year.

attachment.php

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15135
Namus UP case # 15135
Discovered 05/22/2015 in Portland ME
TOD 1 Day
Date entered: 05/17/2016
Height: 61 inches
Weight: 99 lbs.
Physical: 12 inch brown straight hair in a ponytail, 6 inch mid-line, well healed horizontal abdominal scar
Circumstances: A passer-by discovered the body of a woman in the water, a short distance from Fore Street.
Clothing:nude colored lace thong
nude colored knee high tights
turquoise jeans
white long-sleeved shirt
turquoise short-sleeved shirt
white zip up sweatshirt with "Bride" in white rhinestones on the back
jean jacket
Jewelry:Yellow metal quartz watch with white stones around face
White metal bird dangle earrings
Yellow metal flower ring with white stones in the middle of flowers
Black butterfly hair clip
Other-$500 in cash
My Notes: I was surprised to find this in NamUs today. I've never heard of this case, and I only live 2 hours away. Given that the UP was found within a day, and given the circumstances, it seems to me that she would have been ID'd right away. Surely, if she were indeed a bride, wouldn't she have been noticed missing when she didn't show up for the wedding? It sounds like a bachelorette party gone wrong. Given she had all that cash, it doesn't appear she made it to the party. Again, you'd think her absence would be noticed, unless the party was a ruse of some sort to get her out of the way.

Unless it was a mail order bride. A lot of those missing.

http://www.upworthy.com/the-horrify...ustry-some-men-arent-exactly-looking-for-love

I thought of the swierski case and sure enough it is in there!

Perhaps her name was Bride, which is a form of Bridget. If she was Philippino, where the majority of the population is Catholic, she might well have had a name of European origin which was also connected with a saint.

Hmm....I wonder if the $500 was in mixed bills (like tips, cash business), or $20's (like ATM), or $100's like she cashed a paycheck.

She was found on a Friday so the money was on her Wed/Thurs. She's going into Memorial Day weekend.....maybe an event was happening or she traveled there for an event?

There is a lot of boat traffic in the area she was found in and it's right at the mouth of the Fore river. I don't know about the tides by Portland but upstate they have big tides and that water moves fast going in and out of waterways.

You bring up a good point. She was found close to the terminals for the ferry that goes to Nova Scotia and the Peaks Island Ferry. She may be Canadian, but they didn't mention whether the currency was US or Canadian. I'm not sure if there are event or party cruises that go out of those terminals, but if there were, I'm sure the Portland PD explored that avenue.
Having said that, Portland has this wonderful barhopping district along the water called the Old Port, along Commercial St which is southwest of where the UP was found. If I had to guess, about one person ends up in the water every other year. There's a good chance this is where she entered the water.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Port
This link is just some history on where she was actually found:
28 Fore St. is on the Eastern Prom: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Promenade

Missing since
April 30, 2014

Jian Ping Li from Montreal is the closest (time/place) one that I can find. The weight is off but she had a small child at that time so maybe it was still baby weight.

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2014006747&id=0

Year of birth
Age at disappearance
Bio group
Asian
Eye colour
Brown
Hair
Black, Long
Teeth
Good
Height
152cm / 5 ft 0 in
Weight
65kg / 143lb
Build
Medium
Complexion
Dark

Wouldn't you put on a proper coat or vest? I thought the amount of shirts she had on would feel super bulky. Thank you for the local weather insight :) appreciate your thoughts on this!

Many people in New England, me included, prefer to wear layers rather than a bulky outer coat. The clothing she's wearing seems about right for the middle of May.

Many people in New England, me included, prefer to wear layers rather than a bulky outer coat. The clothing she's wearing seems about right for the middle of May.
Thank you :) Where I'm from in Canada, that amount of layering would be rare in May. We would have a light coat and a sweater/hooded sweatshirt plus tank top at most. I always enjoy seeing different regional perspectives here.

The closest possibility I found was a woman from Texas who has been missing since 05/29/2015.
It's a bit of a stretch. The height isn't too far off but the weight is, and there's a week between the date of her missing and when this UP was found. There's not much information on the MP at all, only that she went missing on the date above and her physical description. I couldn't find any news articles or any other sites mentioning her disappearance.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/30206/2
Hidoen Hiao
attachment.php

Attachments

• Hidoen Hiao.jpg
    Hidoen Hiao.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 184
NamUs has one rule out for this UID:
Phouvong Phasavath

Members online

Online statistics

Members online