OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders
Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

[...]

The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE

23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

link

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities. As U.S. 23 leads away from Columbus, business parks and strip malls give way to lush stretches of farmland dotted with old farmhouses and rusted silos. Farther south into the Appalachian foothills, churches, pickup trucks and Confederate flags become more common.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

MOD NOTE: Tricia has given permission for sleuths to discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

MOD NOTE: Please don't speculate about the current custody of the minor children who were left alive. It is a blessing they are alive. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. one day they will google their names. And plenty will come up. Thanks.

MOD NOTE: DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15

Victims
Rhodens-all-2.jpg

link:rose:

From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden

Please continue here.

Please delete if not allowed.
The last post made by HHG in her FB page reads
"If im not needed or wanted then I'll leave! ������"

Was there trouble brewing between her and FR? Or someone else?

I just find find this chilling, that the next day she WAS gone

What was the little "emoticons" following the words. They didn't show.

Apparently somebody thought these people needed to die. For the life of me I cannot think of anyone who would risk their freedom to carry out murder like this. It seems it would have to be a hardened criminal.

Is this on the "Remembering HHG" FB page? I don't see the post.

Hmmmm.....Did the thread get closed? No one talking?

Hmmmm.....Did the thread get closed? No one talking?
Not that I am aware:confused:
it kind of came to a halt with the reference to HHG's FB
I'm also not sure regarding the discussion of the surviving children, think it is forbidden even though it was mentioned in MSM

Nope, still here. I'm still trying to cool off from the last thread.

ha! I just came in and saw something so rude and I wanted to respond. I guess it's a good thing we got a new thread.:facepalm:

If a thread is closed, you will know. All the options except 'thanks' disappear. I speak from lots of experience, lol.

I can only imagine the things that would be assumed of my family if we were picked apart by the media and public. Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cousin was murdered by her husband as she held her infant and tried to run away from him. He then killed himself but the baby wasn't injured. When police came on scene, the baby was pretty quickly put into child protective service. Once that happened, there wasn't anything that could be done to get the baby placed into family custody while things were being sorted out. Relatives of both parents filed for custody - background checks had to be done, homes vetted, evaluations conducted by social workers, etc. Then everything was presented before a judge and a decision made. Throughout the process, supervised visitation was granted to all parties, but the baby remained in the states custody. This all took several months. We were told by a social worker that had there been a relative nearby that assumed care of the baby immediately, they would have most likely let that arrangement remain in place while custody was decided - but once the baby was placed in the states custody, they couldn't "undo" it. This may all vary by state, so jmo based on my experience in Louisiana.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My cousin was murdered by her husband as she held her infant and tried to run away from him. He then killed himself but the baby wasn't injured. When police came on scene, the baby was pretty quickly put into child protective service. Once that happened, there wasn't anything that could be done to get the baby placed into family custody while things were being sorted out. Relatives of both parents filed for custody - background checks had to be done, homes vetted, evaluations conducted by social workers, etc. Then everything was presented before a judge and a decision made. Throughout the process, supervised visitation was granted to all parties, but the baby remained in the states custody. This all took several months. We were told by a social worker that had there been a relative nearby that assumed care of the baby immediately, they would have most likely let that arrangement remain in place while custody was decided - but once the baby was placed in the states custody, they couldn't "undo" it. This may all vary by state, so jmo based on my experience in Louisiana.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This was true in my case. My now adoptive parents had taken me out of a situation and filed for emergent custody before the state could step in and take me and they were able to keep me throughout the court proceedings. Had I ended up in the states hands first, it wouldn't have went that way. They just happened to get to me first. It wasn't a murder situation though, and it was almost 30 years ago. But it was a situation where I would have been placed in the care of the state. I DO remember people frequenting our house, checking it out, conducting interviews for the many years the custody battle went on with my biological mother and father. This was all in Illinois.

I can only imagine the things that would be assumed of my family if we were picked apart by the media and public. Yikes!

I know right? I pray to God I just go peacefully and naturally! All the stuff we do and don't think anything of it! Thank God social media wasn't around when I was growing up! Lord only knows, we all have skeletons in our closets!

Has there been any confirmed connections to opiate sales/heroin sales? I belong to various support groups ( I have a family member that got involved with this god awful drug). On many days there are posts "Kill your local heroin dealer". I can't remember which victim's fb page I visited (a female) but there was a post about an addict. I can't remember exactly what it said, Something about loving an addict being hell (it was a meme) Addict is meth or heroin in my opinion. I know for a fact Ohio and Kentucky heroin use is pretty widespread. I'd be curious if there were any overdoses around this time. If this is inappropriate, delete..

I don't see any posts after 2015. Something I saw was that a movie she liked was The Purge. Makes you wonder...

There has been an assumption that no spent bullet casings were found at the murder scenes as the killer/s had taken care to frustrate the murder investigation. The following report appears to contradict that assumption, but it just might be, rather, that two different types of BULLETS (not casings) were recovered from the bodies and/or crime scenes. The report also suggests that there were at least two killers which supports both my theories covering (a) an insider job, or (b) an outsider job. I have two suspects in mind (drawn from clues) relative to theory (a) and what their motive/s may have been ... but theory (b) is also compelling.

"Kenneth said according to the coroner there were two different bullet casings found at the scene, leading him to believe this crimes were the acts of more than one person."

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...r-victims-says-killer-should-be-tortured.html

I don't see any posts after 2015. Something I saw was that a movie she liked was The Purge. Makes you wonder...
Creepy - if on one night every year, you could commit any crime without facing consequences, what would you do? More

Here's some craziness for ya'll....
Today at a gas station here in KY I saw a kid that looked identical to the pics I've seen of Chris Jr. He was driving a lil Ford ranger. True doppelganger, I swear.

Fast forward to tonight. I just woke up from a very vivid dream that must have been sparked by that. In this dream all these people were still alive(including the newsomes). I dreamed the Fbi got some kind of info from them that was important and confidential. Then they were put into the witness protection program and the Fbi made it look like they were killed off so they could assume new identities.....I've been thinking about this case and watching the ID channel far too much!!! Lol

**This was a dream, please do not think I'm suggesting this insanity as a theory. 😣

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member