Identified! WA - Wahkiakum Co., WhtMale UP15194, on Columbia River, May'16 - Richard Arneson

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
NamUs UP 15194

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/15194

No Image Available

Unidentified White Male

Body Condition: Not recognizable -
Decomposing/putrefaction

Probable year of death: 2013 to 2014

Vital Statistics

Estimated age:
30-65 (Adult pre-70)
Approximate Height: 68 estimate.
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate.
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing:
Shirt: Red long-sleeve button-down cotton shirt, sturdy build for outdoor wear, breast pockets, unknown size, brand tag: "Field & Stream -- Original Outfitters." Black waterproof gaiters with gray piping, brand "Wilson" size L; Levi's "Regular Authentic" label blue jeans, 38 waist, 32 inseam; Black leather belt; Striped boxer-briefs, Fruit of the Loom brand, size unknown; V-neck cotton undershirt.

Footwear:
5-eyelet, 4-hook hiking boots with Vibram soles, 12" from heel to toe, aftermarket insole cut to men's size 10. On the right boot, the laces (which are tan) are frayed at the end and one ends in a makeshift aglet composed of duct tape. Right foot wears a calf-length gray outdoor sock.

Accessories:
In the Field & Stream shirt's left breast pocket, one microfiber optical cleaning cloth with an advertisement fro West Seattle Vision, www.northwesteyes.com, printed on it.

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is currently not available
Dentals: Dental information is not available
DNA: Not available

Case History
The decedent's remains were found on the shore of the Columbia River in an area best accessible only from water. The decedent probably died elsewhere upriver and was carried to this area by the current.

Could the investigators ask the lady survivor what Ken Lesley was wearing that day? I easily found her on FB and Ken Lesley even has his page still up.

I sent a message to Jessica Hager at namus.

Per Jessica @ Namus, she is sending the info on Ken Leslie to the authorities, and is going to have Ken Leslie entered into namus as he didn't have a profile yet.

A reconstruction of this UID was added to NamUs on January 9th:

attachment.php

Here is a facial reconstruction of what the unidentified Wahkiakum County man may have looked like when he was alive, authorities say. January 9, 2017

http://koin.com/2017/01/09/new-details-on-unidentified-southwest-wash-body-released/

Attachments

• Wahkiakum.jpg
    Wahkiakum.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 82
John Neubauer?

www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/33927/

On 02-24-16, John Darrell Neubauer told friends that he was going to swim across the Cowlitz River in Kelso. Neubauer swam about half-way across and was forced down river by the current. Neubauer disappeared into the water and was not seen again.

Red shirt blue jeans hiking boots.

Dates don't match postmortem though.

7d9e162a0a462d79201b370331031bec.jpg

Wow, very strange if they are two different bodies that they were both wearing red shirts, blue jeans and hiking boots!

It should be simple to confirm or rule out this possible match, as both DNA and dental records are available for both JDN and for the UID.

I still think it looks like a strong possibility, even with the discrepancy in the postmortem (2-3 months instead of 2-3 years)

GreyClay, do you have a Facebook account? I wonder if there are any better pictures of JDN. I checked, but only saw one possible account I can't see photos of (I don't FB).

Columbia River body may have been dead 2 years

Below are new details released from the Wahkiakum County Coroner’s Office:

• He was male, Caucasian, probably within a few inches of 5’8” tall, and anywhere between 30-60 years old (though there are circumstantial indications that the decedent was of middle age or older).
  • He was dressed for the outdoors in Vibram-soled boots (size 10), a red button-down shirt, Levi’s jeans (38-inch waist, 32-inch inseam), and black rain pants.
  • He was carrying a microfiber optical lens cleaning cloth that had an advertisement for a West Seattle optometrist’s office printed on it.
  • He probably did not die where his remains were found. Instead
  • He could have disappeared in any area that contains water that feeds into the Columbia River, whether in Washington or Oregon. He is most likely to have gone missing somewhere between the west side of Cascade Locks and the eastern part of Wahkiakum County.
http://koin.com/2017/01/09/new-details-on-unidentified-southwest-wash-body-released/

Wow. This should be interesting.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff