NC - Arma Roush, 75, found dead in freezer, Aug 2015 *Arrest*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A woman purchased a freezer more than three weeks ago for a steal – just $30 - from her neighbor, who has since moved to Virginia. Prior to the transaction, the freezer's seller told the woman she'd promised to loan the unit to her church for an upcoming event and that members of the church would soon swing by to retrieve the freezer, which had been secured with duct tape. When the church members failed to show after three weeks, the woman told police she decided to crack open her newly acquired freezer. Inside, she found the woman's body wrapped in a sheet.

Police confirm the freezer was sold by a woman who lived with her elderly mother. Neighbors told investigators they hadn't seen the older woman since last September.

http://www.people.com/article/womans-body-found-inside-deep-freezer-yard-sale-sparks-investigation

75-year-old Arma Ann Roush of Goldsboro was found inside the deep freezer last Friday after a neighbor said she bought it from the elderly woman's daughter.

On Thursday, arrest warrants were issued for Roush's 56-year-old daughter, Marcella Jean Lee. She is wanted for failing to report her mother's death.

http://abc11.com/news/woman-found-in-goldsboro-freezer-identified/1369828/

Betting on natural death and Social Security fraud in this case.

Betting on natural death and Social Security fraud in this case.

But why would she end it now?

I assume the checks were still being deposited into her bank account so the daughter could have kept this up for months longer.

Hmm.

Yeah, why would the daughter sell the freezer to the neighbor??? With mom's dead body IN the freezer???

When I told this story out loud to my bf, it sounded odd. For example, the woman who bought the freezer didn't find it odd that there was duct tape wrapped around it? And what made her wait three weeks to open it? Did she know the church or church members that were supposedly coming to get the freezer? (Note that I don't believe the "church people coming to get the freezer" part; I'm just curious if the buyer knew the church. Because I'd be asking church members when they planned to come borrow the freezer.)

Could be the neighbor needs some looking into...though daughter was arrested by LE?????

When I told this story out loud to my bf, it sounded odd. For example, the woman who bought the freezer didn't find it odd that there was duct tape wrapped around it? And what made her wait three weeks to open it? Did she know the church or church members that were supposedly coming to get the freezer? (Note that I don't believe the "church people coming to get the freezer" part; I'm just curious if the buyer knew the church. Because I'd be asking church members when they planned to come borrow the freezer.)

I agree - who buys a freezer wrapped in duct tape? Was it plugged in when the police arrived?

There was a case of a mother killing her daughter and putting her body in the freezer. She taped it up and moved it to a relative's house and told them not to open it.

Police Arrest Daughter of Woman Found in Freezer

The daughter of a woman found dead in a deep freezer this past May is now in custody.

Marcella Jean Lee, 56, was arrested in New Hanover County on charges of concealing or failing to report a death.

The medical examiner has listed her death as natural with no signs of foul play. They said her body was found to be intact.

Officials are investigating how Roush's body got into the freezer and if any other crimes have occurred since her death.

I lived in Goldsboro/Seymour Johnson and we bought a freezer there from another service member. Wrapped for moving but no duct tape and no body.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back