Found Deceased Vietnam - Aiden Webb, 22, Sapa, Lào Cai Province, 3 June 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Aiden Webb: Family of British man missing in Vietnam launches desperate plea to find him
13343032_10208209344102794_2066299217104001765_n.jpg

Aiden Webb, from Norwich, has been missing for three days after failing to return from a trek in the mountains near Sapa in the northwest of the country.
The 22-year-old’s auntie, Lisa Shaw Webb, launched a desperate plea for help to find her missing nephew.
k-557903.jpg

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/677115/Aiden-Webb-missing-Vietnam-Sapa-climb-travelling

I just saw a share from his aunt on FB. So he's now been missing 5 days ?

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-36467800?SThisFB

''"They [the authorities] now fear the reason they haven't found Aiden is because he may have made his way to a valley that has a large waterfall in and has perhaps fallen," she said.
"They are trying to contact capable team members from another town that have the skills and equipment to search down the waterfall."''

Los, thanks once again. I'm amazed at how closely you are watching our world !

Oh no. I have been checking in on him daily. This is such a sad outcome although I am grateful his body was found.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Just saw this on the BBC. What a sad outcome, he looks like such a fun, adventurous guy!

RIP Aiden

He tried to do a lot of things right by having his partner know where he was by cell phone which got searchers close.

For me personally I would never want to do solo mountain climbing trips or even solo hiking in remote places because of the possibility of getting hurt and not being able to walk out. People do not realize how quickly things can turn for the worse if you hurt yourself badly.

Even a regular hike you could slip and hit your head on a rock. Or break your leg where you cant walk. And if you are by yourself then you get in trouble real fast. I know some people like him may enjoy the solitude of going solo but there is a definite real risk in doing so.

I think he tried to minimize that risk and he did some things right. The searchers did not find him in time to save him.

I do respect that he seemed to not want to burden anybody because it sounded like he spoke with his partner for awhile before they decided to even call for help. Just wish he had gone up to the mountain with at least one other person. The other person could have saved his life while help was on the way. I think the girlfriend he had must have stayed back in town and did not want to climb the mountain with him.
Which is understandable if it is a tough climb.

Maybe his original plan was for her to be with him on the climb and maybe she felt she could not make the climb. So maybe he did not intend to go solo.

RIP Aiden

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back