Found Deceased MI - Robert Harvey, 81, Detroit, 19 May 2016

MIHeadlines

Reaction score
DETROIT, MI – Detroit Police need your help to locate a missing 81-year-old man. He remains missing. Authorities have him listed as a Serious Missing Person.

Mr. Robert Harvey is an 81 year-old black male, he is 6’1″ and has a medium build. He was last seen wearing a red button up sweater, tan kangol hat, and brown shoes.

Robert Harvey was last seen on Thursday, May 19th, 2016, at approximately 8:00 a.m., when he walked away from his home in the 19100 block of Riopelle. That is on the east side of the city in the area of I-75 and Seven Mile Rd E.

Mr. Harvey is in poor mental condition.

If anyone has information on Robert Harvey or know of his whereabouts, they are asked to please call the Detroit Police Department at 313-596-1616 or 313-596-1140.

Robert-Harvey.jpg

http://bit.ly/25KNrgg

a "serious missing person"??? what is that? Like, this is not a joke, we're totally serious? Or he is serious? Or he is seriously missing? What an odd word to use to modify a missing person alert.

That said, I hope he just wandered into some else's yard and is reunited with those who love and care for him soon. Detroit is no place for the weak.

Maybe it's a typo and supposed to be senior?

It sounds odd, to be sure, but I interpreted "serious" as being endangered. Older gentleman, not in good mental or physical health. Mr. Harvey needs to be found promptly. :moo:

The following from the article brought tears to my eyes. How bittersweet. I don't blame the pastor; Mr. Harvey probably had not even been reported missing when the encounter took place. Rest in peace, Mr. Harvey:

"The pastor said the man offered to assist her. She thanked him but declined and when she turned to ask if he needed help, he had already made his way around the building. She said his last act likely on this earth was to try helping somebody."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back