WI WI - Catherine Sjoberg, 16, Concord, 5 June 1974

Kimberly1

Reaction score
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sjoberg_catherine.html

Catherine Sjoberg disappeared from her prom in the early morning hours of June 5, 1974. She has not been seen since. She supposedly went outside for some fresh air. The Prom was held at the Concord House in Concord WI. I wonder if anyone knows what her prom date said happened or if there are any friends of Cathys who have any idea what could have happened that night. The area is pretty desolate and I wonder how well it's ever been searched. There doesn't seem to be too much info out there on this case.

Kimberly1 said:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sjoberg_catherine.html

Catherine Sjoberg disappeared from her prom in the early morning hours of June 5, 1974. She has not been seen since. She supposedly went outside for some fresh air. The Prom was held at the Concord House in Concord WI. I wonder if anyone knows what her prom date said happened or if there are any friends of Cathys who have any idea what could have happened that night. The area is pretty desolate and I wonder how well it's ever been searched. There doesn't seem to be too much info out there on this case.
I just ran across an article about Catherine while researching another missing person. The article I read indicated her disappearance might be connected to the deaths of two other young women. I believe the connection is that all three of them were last seen at Concord House. The article I read did not name the other two women, and a NewspaperArchives search didn't turn up anything.

I'm going to dig around a little and see if I can uncover anything else about this. There certainly doesn't appear to have been much media coverage.

This is my first message so please be patient with me. Catherine Sjoberg missing from concord wisconsin. This is only about 10 miles from where I live and I read that two teenage girls went missing from the same place. I know that is was a man and a woman. They were at a wedding at the Concord house and there last name were Hack and Drew not sure on the spelling of Hack. If anyone knows there first names please post. I believe they are connected.

ocean244 said:
This is my first message so please be patient with me. Catherine Sjoberg missing from concord wisconsin. This is only about 10 miles from where I live and I read that two teenage girls went missing from the same place. I know that is was a man and a woman. They were at a wedding at the Concord house and there last name were Hack and Drew not sure on the spelling of Hack. If anyone knows there first names please post. I believe they are connected.
Cool first post!

You probably want to go to the thread at the following address for that info.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30999

I hope this helps.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=879088&postcount=1

At the above address someone posted
ocean244 said:
I posted a reply pointing them to this thread.

From what I understand the other two disappearances were several years later and the 2 peoples bodies were found later at a place other than the Concord House. I seem to remeber that they also were high school students but cannot find any info about them. This is the first time I'v heard their names thanks. From what I have read elsewhere Catherine's mother thinks the cases are related as well.

Their names were Timothy Hack and Kelly Drew. They were both 19 years old and were dating. They attended a wedding reception at the Concord dance hall on Aug 9, 1980, the same place Catherine Sjoberg vanished from six years earlier. They left saying they were meeting friends in Ft Atkinson, Wi, fifteen miles away. They never made it to their car. Two and a half months later their skeletal remains were found about nine miles from the dance hall. Tim was still dressed in his suit he wore to the wedding. Kelly was naked and had been bound with rope.

Source of info "Getting Away With Murder" by Ed Baumann

http://doenetwork.us/cases/1311dfwi.html

Catherine Lynne Sjoberg
Missing since June 5, 1974 from Concord, Jefferson County, Wisconsin.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: January 15, 1957
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5" (165 cm); 120 lbs (54 kg)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes.
  • AKA: Cathy

Circumstances of Disappearance
Sjoberg was last seen leaving her high school prom during the early morning hours of June 5, 1974. She has not been seen or heard from since.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=978434&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

hi,
I am here on behalf of Catherine, did a search here and found 4 linking to her, (threads), I am in contact with her cousin, who also runs a forum and I have added his cousin to my own Missing person website...any current information anyone gets....the family is still reachable at least thru my friend....in fact I may add 'websleuths catherine search' to my site...if no one minds that is....thanks and PLEASE keep searching so this family can perhaps get some kind of closure...

ON their behalf and mine,
Thank you all!
Jan from WIsconsin

I agree with the previous poster - maybe the law firm woman is the missing woman's niece? It would make sense for a sibling to name their child after their missing sibling.

Well if you click on Catherines name it brings you to her bio. And it looks like she goes by the name Trina. So she possibly was named after the real Catherine. Also she graduated from law school in 1999. So that would make her about 30ish right now.

Thanks so much for remembering her. I am from this area, although not around when this happened. Her mother is still searching for her...

Catherine Lynne Sjoberg
Missing since June 5, 1974 from Concord, Jefferson County, Wisconsin.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: January 15, 1957
Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5" (165 cm); 120 lbs (54 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair long and straight and parted in the middle, in the style of the 1970s; green eyes. Freckles on cheeks.
Clothing: A light blue flowered prom dress, a corsage and high heeled shoes.
AKA: Cathy

Circumstances of Disappearance

Sjoberg was last seen leaving Oconomowoc High School from her high school prom during the early morning hours of June 5, 1974. The prom was held at the Jefferson County Concord House dance hall, on an Interstate 94 interchange in Concord, Wisconsin. She stepped out for a breath of fresh air and never returned.

Six years after Sjoberg's disappearance, the bodies of two Fort Atkinson High School students were found in a wooded area a few months after they vanished from the parking lot of Concord House. Their slayings remain unsolved. Police said they have not found a link between the cases.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
920-674-7300

NCMEC #: NCMC978434
NCIC Number: M-212221063

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
Oconomowoc High School Class of 1975
WISN 12 5/19/06
Charley Project
The Doe Network: Case File 1311DFWI

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1311dfwi.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online