OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
ATTENTION - Please read the Mod Notes included in this post and thank the post signifying that you have done so before proceeding to post your thoughts on this case.

Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

[...]

The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE

23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

link

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

MOD NOTE: You may discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

MOD NOTE: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

MOD NOTE: DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

MOD NOTE:
Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17

Victims
Rhodens-all-2.jpg

link:rose:

From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden

Please continue here in this new thread

Moved up to this thread

A couple of MSM accounts :

http://www.wcpo.com/news/state/state...n-recent-years

http://nbc4i.com/2015/12/10/pike-co-...h-of-a-driver/

The office reinstated the Joel guy, back on the payroll after all this

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/st...past/78734440/

One of the murders , by a deputy of this outlet. the prosector of the place gave this dude the gun - that he killed with .

There was another where this dude ran over a old a old citizen

They had to give him back his job with pay

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...g-rehired.html

There was another , where a bunch of young kids were brutally beat up by two wildly drunk deputies. One of them was the father of one of the kids that was mauled. It was unreal if I can find it. I think and hope I am not in trouble for posting local news MSM reports of what has been going on !

The prosector, had no issues with giving his guns to friends - poor dude, his gun killed a person.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2013/sep/25/weeks_corrupt_cops_stories

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/12/04/Pike-County-deputy-shooting.html

Hungry! Not Readers direct replacement the one before that one resigned cause of curruption -- need some food now!!

I say nothing but report the facts!....................

amauet1, here is your question, too, brought from Thread 17.
"Thank you. I went back and looked it over, and it was very helpful. If 4077 was considered a business address? And CR 1 was living with Dana? Was GR staying there by himself at 4077 or staying with the family at 3122? If the trailer at 4077 is a business, then why where CR1 and GR there so late (or early in the morning) on a Thursday by themselves and not with the rest of the family sleeping?"

I don't think anyone knows for sure if Chris sr was living with Dana in her new place. MSM articles have said Gary was living/staying with Chris sr in his house. My personal guess is that Chris sr was living right at 4077 as always because he had "valuables" there and didn't feel secure enough to leave that home overnight. Jmo.

amauet1, here is your question, too, brought from Thread 17.
"Thank you. I went back and looked it over, and it was very helpful. If 4077 was considered a business address? And CR 1 was living with Dana? Was GR staying there by himself at 4077 or staying with the family at 3122? If the trailer at 4077 is a business, then why where CR1 and GR there so late (or early in the morning) on a Thursday by themselves and not with the rest of the family sleeping?"

I don't think anyone knows for sure if Chris sr was living with Dana in her new place. MSM articles have said Gary was living/staying with Chris sr in his house. My personal guess is that Chris sr was living right at 4077 as always because he had "valuables" there and didn't feel secure enough to leave that home overnight. Jmo.

I think GR was living at CR1's old trailer (I call it the "business trailer" b/c it seemed to be the hub of everything.). I also think that CR1 still had a room there and probably still stayed there off and on, and at DR's off and on. I see his and DR's relationship as possibly querulous. Even though they'd been back together for what I've read, was years, they'd never remarried. I know of friends who were the same way. Couldn't live with their ex but couldn't live w/o them. DR had just gotten the trailer a month prior to the murders, so it was barely ready for move in when the murders happened.

What's confusing me to is where did the money for the down payment of property bought at 3122 come from. I know, it's been said that he had it in a bank account? But I wonder where it came from in the first place? Even all the " enterprises" that were maybe going on needed start-up money. Some of the improvements (pole barn) started in 2014. Families getting back together in March, It seems there were alot of changes for this family in the last couple of years. And not including the horrendous thing that happened to them, it was for the good of the family.

What's confusing me to is where did the money for the down payment of property bought at 3122 come from. I know, it's been said that he had it in a bank account? But I wonder where it came from in the first place? Even all the " enterprises" that were maybe going on needed start-up money. Some of the improvements (pole barn) started in 2014. Families getting back together in March, It seems there were alot of changes for this family in the last couple of years. And not including the horrendous thing that happened to them, it was for the good of the family.

Looking at DR's FB posts, it looks like they moved at least that much in cars since the beginning of the year. She was selling cars on FB for CR.

And there was the pot. Don't know what it goes for in bulk nowadays, but it probably is at least 2000/lb.

Some of the land was inherited. I suppose it's possible that some of the money was inherited also? We don't know, but that would be a logical explanation. JMO

Looking at DR's FB posts, it looks like they moved at least that much in cars since the beginning of the year. She was selling cars on FB for CR.

And there was the pot. Don't know what it goes for in bulk nowadays, but it probably is at least 2000/lb.

I can't remember exactly, but I figured it up at one point a few threads back, and since they were growers, and probably selling it by the pound, I roughly figured that CR1, GR, & KR would net around $30k each per grow cycle, iirc (if it was decent pot). That many plants are labor intensive, and you have to factor in if they lost any to disease, or pests, & that any plants within that immediate set (4 to bulb, 6 to bulb, etc...) would most likely perish too.

It actually started, slowly, further back. I don't think old man Rhoden was wealthy at all. His wife divorced him when he was in prison or was just getting out (the obit lists her as his wife but she was not. They'd been divorced for years.). So, I'm not sure how that all played out w/finances. I do think there was a split in the family over it all. Some sided w/the mother and others sided w/the father. I have no link, it's just the way it "feels" from reading all of this for nearly two months now. KR was a very good mechanic, and CR1 apparently was pretty good too, DR had a steady job at the nursing home, and then, I think they got to winning some money at derbies, fixing and selling cars, and along came the idea for the mj, and the chickens (we are not sure they were fighting them but could have been selling them, which is legal). Then, I think they may have gotten into another idea and that's when things went haywire. At least that's one of my theories. All of this money could be put into the bank from everything except the mj.

Who owned the land where FR lived. I can't find that it was owned by a Rhoden. If you look up the address only the mobile home comes up and I don't think it was owned by a Rhoden.

Who owned the land where FR lived. I can't find that it was owned by a Rhoden. If you look up the address only the mobile home comes up and I don't think it was owned by a Rhoden.

It's sitting on CR1's land. It may be sitting a bit cockeyed on there but it's CR1's (or CR1's as the main landholder). I think it was all originally 4077, but, when they moved the trailer on there that FR was living in, they gave it that numbered address. I could be wrong, but, they'd have to have one for FR to get mail.

It actually started, slowly, further back. I don't think old man Rhoden was wealthy at all. His wife divorced him when he was in prison or was just getting out (the obit lists her as his wife but she was not. They'd been divorced for years.). So, I'm not sure how that all played out w/finances. I do think there was a split in the family over it all. Some sided w/the mother and others sided w/the father. I have no link, it's just the way it "feels" from reading all of this for nearly two months now. KR was a very good mechanic, and CR1 apparently was pretty good too, DR had a steady job at the nursing home, and then, I think they got to winning some money at derbies, fixing and selling cars, and along came the idea for the mj, and the chickens (we are not sure they were fighting them but could have been selling them, which is legal). Then, I think they may have gotten into another idea and that's when things went haywire. At least that's one of my theories. All of this money could be put into the bank from everything except the mj.

That actually makes quite a lot of sense when you put it in perspective like that.

The land that your talking about has a completely different address than the little piece that FR's trailer is sitting on. It's crazy, I know, I think maybe the grid on the site is off a bit. If you look back to 2010 there is a shed there instead of the trailer.

EDIT: The land that CR1's trailer is sitting on is actually listed as being 4203 N. Side Union Road as the street name.

When questioned about these seizures in connection with the Rhoden family killings, DeWine demurred from calling the 2010 and 2012 cases cartel-related, but maintained they were linked to Mexican organized crime.
“The planting methods and encampment styles were similar to other Mexican grows seen in other parts of the country,” wrote AG’s office spokesman Jill Del Greco in an email when asked what linked the grow sites to Mexico."

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/news/drugs-and-death-in-southern-ohio/nrJKp/

I've never read this before - and the direct reference... did I miss something everyone has already seen?

When questioned about these seizures in connection with the Rhoden family killings, DeWine demurred from calling the 2010 and 2012 cases cartel-related, but maintained they were linked to Mexican organized crime.
“The planting methods and encampment styles were similar to other Mexican grows seen in other parts of the country,” wrote AG’s office spokesman Jill Del Greco in an email when asked what linked the grow sites to Mexico."

http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/news/drugs-and-death-in-southern-ohio/nrJKp/

I've never read this before - and the direct reference... did I miss something everyone has already seen?

I've read it. I'm not buying what he's selling on that one either. I read in another article it was b/c they found Mexican food wrappers/food items at the camp sites that he connected those dots. A lot of people camp out w/their outdoor plants, especially near harvest time, to keep people from stealing them. A lot of people eat Mexican food. A.) It's tasty. B.) It's easy. I'm not really gee'in and hawin' w/his idea of what a sophisticated grow op is either. I still can't get over the fact that he didn't know what gamecocks were.

The land that your talking about has a completely different address than the little piece that FR's trailer is sitting on. It's crazy, I know, I think maybe the grid on the site is off a bit. If you look back to 2010 there is a shed there instead of the trailer.

EDIT: The land that CR1's trailer is sitting on is actually listed as being 4203 N. Side Union Road as the street name.

Yeah I am thinking that the property maps are a bit off. No telling when the last survey was done there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

attachment.php

attachment.php

Maybe this will help w/the properties.

Attachments

• 4077.jpg
    4077.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 539
  • 4199.jpg
    4199.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 537
I've read it. I'm not buying what he's selling on that one either. I read in another article it was b/c they found Mexican food wrappers/food items at the camp sites that he connected those dots. A lot of people camp out w/their outdoor plants, especially near harvest time, to keep people from stealing them. A lot of people eat Mexican food. A.) It's tasty. B.) It's easy. I'm not really gee'in and hawin' w/his idea of what a sophisticated grow op is either. I still can't get over the fact that he didn't know what gamecocks were.

I don't doubt that some of the outdoor grow sites that were discovered back a few years ago may have been connected to cartels. It could have been locals too.

As far a a sophisticated grow op at the Rhoden properties, I am skeptical to say the least. A couple hundred plants in a shed with some grow lights would be pretty small scale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member