GUILTY Mi - Three Children, Ages 4-14, Killed In Arson Fire, Flint, 10 June 2016

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/06/third_child_dies_after_suspici.html

A third child, 13-year-old Brianna Beaushaw, has died after a Friday, June 10, house fire, police say.

Beaushaw was spending the night at her friend's house in the 600 block of Vermilya Avenue when a fire broke out in the home around 6:05 a.m.

Beaushaw, her friend, 13-year-old Onyah Starkey, and Starkey's 4-year-old brother Kaydon Hull were all rushed to the hospital, where Starkey and Hull were pronounced dead shortly after.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/06/man_mother_of_two_children_kil.html

Two people will face murder charges after a set fire claimed the lives of three children, including a four-year-old boy who was locked in his bedroom with a padlock.

Rodney Dale King Jr., 40, of Burton faces three counts of felony murder, punishable by life without parole; and a count of first-degree arson, punishable by life with the possibility of parole.

Erica Marie Starkey, 39, the mother of 4-year-old Kaydon Hull and 13-year-old Onyah Starkey who died in the fire, faces a total of 11 counts...

Ugh. This whole thing is atrocious. This also isn't the first time I've heard of a child unrelated at a sleepover being caught up in some other family's crap. And the four year old padlocked in his room who tried to escape - unthinkable. And one of the kids tried to call 911. More responsible than the 'adults' in this situation.

Honestly. :gaah:

Flint man, mother sentenced to 18 year minimum in fire that killed 3 children
Rodney King, Jr. was found guilty of three counts of second degree murder and one count of first degree arson.

Erica Starkey was found guilty of eleven felony counts, including three charges each of second degree homicide, second degree child abuse and unlawful imprisonment as well as two charges of killing/torturing animals.

The sentences mean King and Starkey will each serve a minimum of 18 years and up to a maximum of 36 years in prison.

Pair convicted of killing 3 kids in house fire sentenced
Schuyler Kelley said she waited two years for Starkey and King to hear her.

"I named her Brianna, meaning strong," Kelley said during Starkey's sentencing. "As a parent, you love, you teach, you protect your child. You did none of that. I loved your daughter like she was my own. Even the death penalty wouldn't be enough."

"You deny responsibility for falling into a world of drugs," Judge Geoffrey L. Neithercut said before handing down Starkey's sentence. "You walked away in the middle of the night because you wanted to get high. Take responsibility for that. It's so tragic for those three children. They weren't using drugs, but they cost them their lives."

"I pray every day for all of the victims," Rodney King, Jr. said in court. "God knows that I did not mean for this to happen."

"You didn't mean for this to happen, but this will stain your soul for eternity," Neithercut told King. "Your addiction made you do foolish things. The sad thing for those three children -- as much as you will suffer in the next years -- you will still be alive. They will not."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back