Angry mom drop kicks birthday cake at Kroger in Bloomfield Township

That poor child. Not having the "perfect" cake wouldn't have ruined his (or her) birthday. Having his mom destroy the cake and making such an a$#$ of herself that the police were called is what ruined his birthday.

BLOOMFIELD TOWNSHIP, MI - Batman versus Superman? They were no match for an angry mom at a Kroger store in Bloomfield Township.

Police said the mom “drop kicked” a custom-made birthday cake that featured the superheroes on June 11 after becoming upset over the design.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/batman-vs-superman-vs-angry-mom-at-kroger-in-bloomfield-township
She was either having a really bad day or she has an un-diagnosed personality disorder. However, that's not an excuse to behave like that. :facepalm:

Are we sure it's actually the child who's turning seven? [emoji12]

I felt like drop kicking a watermelon today,but did not,instead I prayed for strength and patience. You would not believe what I went through over a watermelon,so I have some compassion for the woman.I only hope her son did not witness this meltdown. We do not know what was going on in her life and all of us have lost it at one point in our lives.Don't any of you have days were people push you to the point of crying or kicking a cake? I just hope when I do it nobody records it and posts it to SM.

If the customer approved the design in advance, she has no valid complaint. However, if she did and the finished product was nothing like what she ordered, I don't blame her for being upset. The acting out was a bit much but you never know someone's story so it is not good to paint everyone with the same brush.

I get tired of services coming up short...you know, bank tellers or store cashiers who are rude, advertisements that don't say what they mean and when you question it you are the bad guy...there are many examples, really. I have at times been fed up enough to act out and therefore I will not sit here and say that mother did not have her reasons. I am not saying the mother's response to bad service was appropriate but hey, we might not have all the facts.

I am very familiar with this Kroger store and shopped there when we first lived in Oakland County because the former Wrigley's was the closest supermarket to our condominium in northwest Troy. As a young mother, I often felt uncomfortable among wealthy clientele in upscale Bloomfield Hills. Still, the store was convenient, and I preferred it to hypermarket Meijer. DH frequently stops at this Kroger location on his way home from work. I'm not going to lose my cool here and tell you what I think of this woman's behaviors, but you can read between the lines ;)

I wish they'd release this video. I need a good laugh. wth is wrong with people?

^ I don't think there is any video of the unfortunate episode.

Kroger customer who drop-kicked cake charged

Breana Noble, The Detroit News 4:51 p.m. EDT June 21, 2016

A customer is being charged with tumultuous conduct after she allegedly drop-kicked a birthday cake in a Bloomfield Hills Kroger.

Tricia Ann Kortes, 46, of Bloomfield Hills, is scheduled for arraignment June 29 at 48th District Court, where she is expected to be charged with tumultuous conduct for disturbing the public peace, which is a misdemeanor, Bloomfield Township Detective Sgt. John Weise said.

On June 11, officers went to the Kroger store at 4099 Telegraph for a complaint of a customer causing trouble, according to a news release...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...06/21/woman-kick-kroger-cake-charge/86202470/

Sadly, this tumultuous cake-kicking mama could get a harsher sentence than the ex-swimming-star rapist and the affluenza-impaired driver who killed and then cried that his lifestyle was responsible.

But never fear, people! We can all rest comfortably now that we know that LE is determined to save citizens of all ages from potential trauma that might result from the sheer horror of witnessing or hearing news reports of icing and cream filling hitting the floor.

It's not as trivial as it sounds. If the mother was disappointed in the design, she could have requested they change it, or she could have fixed it when she got home. Did she pay for the destroyed cake??? If not she owes the store the money they spent in materials and time making it. She made a mess of the store and left. Very bad example for her child of anger management and the kid ended up with no cake. How is that better??? Glad she was charged with something, what a temper tantrum!

Oh, and more is coming out about this woman and her temper, seems it's not her first bout with the law:
This isn’t Kortes’ first run-in with the law. On June 3, Kortes plead no contest to disorderly person after being charged with assault and battery in 2015 from an incident in Troy, according to court records. She was fined $500 and required to attend an education program.
Kortes also was convicted of fourth-degree assault in 2003 in King County, Washington, under the name Tricia Schull, according to court records. That charged is a misdemeanor punishable by up to a maximum of a year in jail and a $5,000 fine.
She was sentenced to 12 months in jail and 136 hours of community service, according to the court. It is unclear how much time she may have served in jail. Her conviction was vacated in December 2015, according to the court. http://www.detroitnews.com/news/

Oh, and more is coming out about this woman and her temper, seems it's not her first bout with the law:
This isn’t Kortes’ first run-in with the law. On June 3, Kortes plead no contest to disorderly person after being charged with assault and battery in 2015 from an incident in Troy, according to court records. She was fined $500 and required to attend an education program.
Kortes also was convicted of fourth-degree assault in 2003 in King County, Washington, under the name Tricia Schull, according to court records. That charged is a misdemeanor punishable by up to a maximum of a year in jail and a $5,000 fine.
She was sentenced to 12 months in jail and 136 hours of community service, according to the court. It is unclear how much time she may have served in jail. Her conviction was vacated in December 2015, according to the court. http://www.detroitnews.com/news/

This woman appears to be quite the bully. I sure hope her behavior doesn't escalate or she could become even more dangerous. Think of her behind the wheel of a car if someone makes her mad. :notgood: I wonder how many children are in her care.

This woman appears to be quite the bully. I sure hope her behavior doesn't escalate or she could become even more dangerous. Think of her behind the wheel of a car if someone makes her mad. :notgood: I wonder how many children are in her care.
I'm glad someone else sees it the way I do. This is not just about having a bad day or spilling cake on the floor. This woman was out-of-control, she messed up the store, and most likely didn't pay for the bakery services of making the cake. You don't get to throw a temper tantrum in public just because things didn't go your way.

I wasn't there so can't speak for what drove this mom to do what she did. However, I have seen cases where people put up with a lot of crap over time and then they snap, and when they do it's big...a lot bigger than destroying a cake. I say give the woman a fine to cover damages, if any, and everyone move on. With what we see going on in the world today--right here in the US where we for so long were relatively safe--I think there are bigger fish to fry than this mom. Now, if she has a history of violence or is otherwise known to LE as one who needs to be monitored, threatened someone with a weapon or some form of bodily harm during her meltdown...I say throw the book at her. Barring all that, tumultuous conduct for making a cake go splat on the bakery floor is a bit extreme, and unless this went down far differently than has been reported I cannot even believe some moron felt the police needed to be brought in.
She does have a history of violence, read on:

She sounds mentally ill to me. Maybe some medical intervention is needed on her behalf before she goes off the deep end. Misdemeanor charges are not going to fix anything without such intervention.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back