Student Suspended After Wearing Penis Costume

Lili

My opinion only.
Reaction score
"STEILACOOM, Wash. -- A Steilacoom student is fighting a decision by school officials to suspend him for three days after he appeared in an inflatable penis costume outside another school's homecoming dance, KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reported.

Pioneer Middle School student James Watkins bought the costume last weekend and later showed up outside a dance at Steilacoom High School wearing the outfit."
"
"The thing I felt was wrong was that they weren't giving us any rights for a first offense," said Lori Watkins, James' mother. "I don't like the sexual harassment on there. That really bothers me."

The family has spoken with representatives of the American Civil Liberties Union about possible legal action in the case...."
http://www.kirotv.com/news/5132534/detail.html

once again, I see the ACLU has big cases to defend!

A real HALLOWEEN treat.

And a mother in full defense of her child.

A bunch of halloween candy I say.

*Quote by MOM of the New World:

"The thing I felt was wrong was that they weren't giving us any rights for a first offense," said Lori Watkins, James' mother. "I don't like the sexual harassment on there. That really bothers me." :croc:

*The family has spoken with representatives of the American Civil Liberties Union about possible legal action in the case....:behindbar :behindbar

BOO x 20

If the guy is a big Dick, then it's no Freudian slip.

What kind of parents even try to defend this type of behavior? They pulled a prank, now they have to do the time. It's not like he's being charged with a crime or asked to register as a sex offender, or anything else that will follow him later. And we wonder why no one wants to accept responsibility for their actions!

Ugh. :slap:

Warning: Never wear a Penis Costume in Romania

3 cheers for the middle school handing down the 3 day suspension!

IMO - This kid's mother needs a serious wake-up call. :banghead:

13th Juror

13th Juror said:

3 cheers for the middle school handing down the 3 day suspension!

IMO - This kid's mother needs a serious wake-up call. :banghead:

13th Juror
I think she needs some common sense slapped into her.:slap:

Marine Mom said:
I wanna see pictures. You know, get all the evidence... :angel:

Sounds like a photo scoop for the Enquirer to me. Who knows - maybe the parents will take their case to the tabloids .. (?) Wouldn't surprise me!

13th Juror

But you know, there's a mom like this in every school. How about a sense of modesty and decorum. Did she THINK this was going to not cause a stir?

The last day of 8th grade one of the moms at our school brought up like 10,000 crickets for her son to release in the hallways. Like haha how funny. She was shocked and dismayed when he wasn't allowed to go on the Astroworld trip the next day.

I personally think people need to lighten up. It is just kids being kids and people just need to chill.

SpongeBathHotPants said:
I personally think people need to lighten up. It is just kids being kids and people just need to chill.

You're right, it is just kids being kids. And this is the punishment. It's just a 3 day suspension. He isn't being charged with a crime and thrown in jail!!! The parents and the kids need to get over it and realize that the old street saying that you don't do the crime if you can't do the time is TRUE!!

Bailing him out by calling the ACLU just teaches him that Mommy and Daddy will handle it every time he gets in trouble instead of just letting him do the three days and learn the lesson.

It isn't the end of the world, his life is not over. I seriously doubt it will affect his college applications, and there's not an employer in the world who will care about this. But he needs to realize that actions have consequences, and it's best to think things through to the logical conclusion before deciding what to do. Is it really worth a 3 day suspension to get the laugh for the giant penis costume? Hmmmm.... :waitasec:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back