MO MO - Jennifer, 15, & Ashley Conroy, 7 mos, Kansas City, 14 Dec 1993

sweetpea657

Reaction score
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: December 14, 1993 from Kansas City, Missouri
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: May 6, 1993
Height and Weight: 2'0, 15 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown hair, blue eyes.

Details of Disappearance
Ashley and her mother, Jennifer Conroy, were last seen in their hometown of Kansas City, Missouri on December 14, 1993. Jennifer and Ashley lived with Jennifer's grandmother at the time. Jennifer told her grandmother they were going to a friend's house and would return in approximately one hour. She brought one diaper and one bottle of formula for Ashley, which was her normal routine when leaving home for short periods of time. Jennifer and her daughter were apparently accompanied by a male friend at the time. Neither Jennifer nor Ashley have been seen again and their cases remain unsolved.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/conroy_ashley.html

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: December 14, 1993 from Kansas City, Missouri
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: May 7, 1978
Height and Weight: 4'10, 120 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, blue eyes. Jennifer has a scar under her chin. She has a Caesarian section scar on her abdomen. Jennifer has a rose tattoo on her ankle. One of her upper front teeth may have been chipped at the time of her 1993 disappearance.

Details of Disappearance
Jennifer and her daughter, Ashley Conroy, were last seen in their hometown of Kansas City, Missouri on December 14, 1993. Jennifer and Ashley lived with Jennifer's grandmother at the time. Jennifer told her grandmother they were going to a friend's house and would return in approximately one hour. She brought one diaper and one bottle of formula for Ashley, which was her normal routine when leaving home for short periods of time. Jennifer and her daughter were apparently accompanied by a male friend at the time. Neither Jennifer nor Ashley have been seen again and their cases remain unsolved.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/conroy_jennifer.html

Neighbors saw Jennifer and Ashley get into a pickup truck at Jennifer's grandmother's house - this is the only detail I can find on this case. Foul play is suspected. Still searching for more information, but I am quite disturbed at how little there is on this case...

Neighbors saw Jennifer and Ashley get into a pickup truck at Jennifer's grandmother's house - this is the only detail I can find on this case. Foul play is suspected. Still searching for more information, but I am quite disturbed at how little there is on this case...

The lack of information in the case is shocking and disheartening to say the least. :welcome5: Glad you decided to join us.

Yes I saw those - I even noticed on one that they had the date wrong, indicated as the 16th. Neighbors saw a pick-up truck, why do we not know a color at the very least? Make/year estimation, ANYTHING? I can't figure out how, or why there is so little to go on when a young, teen mother and infant child go missing.

I totally agree, I don't get it either. I can partially understand protecting the integrity of the investigation initially by withholding some details and info, but 22 + years later?! After this amount of time, I have a hard time believing this case will be resolved without the aid of a witness of some kind. Without details, it's possible even that a key witness doesn't even know they have pertinent information. The longer authorities wait, the likelihood that the key(s) to this case forget, pass away, etc.

I'm going to break one of my own personal posting rules and compare this to another case I'm just as baffled by. The case of Diamond Bynum and King Walker. I understand that the comparison doesn't really help get us anywhere, but I feel like the two cases are similar in many ways, they just happened to have occurred almost 2 decades apart.

That is interesting, I hadn't heard of that case before. It is mind blowing how anyone, let alone two people (one being a child) can just disappear in this day and age, living in such a digitally monitored world. Almost anything we do relies on technology. For this to happen in 1993 is one thing, but in this time period? It's hard for me to fathom.

Jennifer Lynn Conroy – The Charley Project

Jennifer Lynn Conroy
  • jennifer_lynn_conroy_1.jpg
  • jennifer_lynn_conroy_2.jpg
  • jennifer_lynn_conroy_3.jpg
Jennifer, circa 1993; Age-progression to age 36 (circa 2014)

• Missing Since12/14/1993
  • Missing FromKansas City, Missouri
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth05/07/1978 (40)
  • Age15 years old
  • Height and Weight4'10 - 4'11, 120 - 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Jennifer has a scar under her chin and a Caesarean section scar on her abdomen. One of her upper front teeth may have been chipped at the time of her 1993 disappearance. She has a tattoo on her left ankle of a rose with a ribbon through it.
Details of Disappearance
Jennifer and her infant daughter, Ashley Conroy, were last seen in their hometown of Kansas City, Missouri on December 14, 1993. Jennifer and Ashley lived with Jennifer's grandmother in the 1000 block of Monroe at the time.

Jennifer told her grandmother they were going to a friend's house and would return in approximately one hour. She brought one diaper and one bottle of baby formula, which was her normal routine when leaving home for short periods of time.

Ashley and Jennifer were apparently accompanied by a male friend at the time. A neighbor saw them getting into a pickup truck. Neither of them have been seen again and their cases remain unsolved. Foul play is suspected.

Bumping up for Ashley and Jennifer. Who was the male they left with? I hope this case hasn't just fallen by the wayside.

They need to ask serial killer
John Edward Robinson about if he had anything to do Jennifer and Ashley going missing. Robinson was in the KC area and hired women and killed them classic example off this Wikipedia article on him.

In 1985, using the name John Osborne, he met Lisa Stasi and her four-month-old daughter, Tiffany, at a women's shelter in Kansas City. He promised Stasi a job in Chicago, an apartment, and daycare for her baby, and asked her to sign several sheets of blank stationery. A few days later, Robinson contacted his brother and sister-in-law, who had been unable to adopt a baby through traditional channels, and informed them that he knew of a baby whose mother had committed suicide. For $5,500 in "legal fees", Don and Helen Robinson received Tiffany (whose identity was confirmed by DNA testing in 2000[4]) and a set of authentic-appearing adoption papers with the forged signatures of two lawyers and a judge. Stasi was never heard from again.

Bailey Sarian did a great video on him and i think he could be who’s responsible for Jennifer and Ashley.

Wikipedia article on John Robinson. John Edward Robinson - Wikipedia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back