TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28

Everyone, please read the rules as set by Tricia:

* YOU CAN SPECULATE ABOUT PEOPLE IN THE SEARCH WARRANTS AS LONG AS YOU USE THEIR INITIALS ONLY. This overrides an earlier decision I made.

*Speculation is allowed if it involves someone who has been named in the mainstream media and you can logically put this person at the scene of the crime or can suggest they were somehow involved. Speculation has to be based on some semblance of fact. In other words, you can’t speculate that the dry cleaning people killed Missy. The police have confirmed they believe Missy was targeted. That’s a good place to start.

*Speculation does not mean you can sleuth any of these people. Their lives have been turned upside down and the last thing they want to see is something personal and embarrassing posted on websleuths for the world to see. No sleuthing aka no digging into their backgrounds and posting what you find.

To review:

*yes you can speculate as long as it is logical and done in a mature manner.

*Missy's husband's Facebook page is now private therefore it is off limits. All Facebook pages that are now private are off limits

*yes you can discuss all pictures/ videos (No Minors) as long as you can source them to a legitimate source . Do not post or discuss the twitter picture that showed the face blown up. This looks like some sort of photo-shopped picture and it can’t be sourced.

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

please continue here . . .

I couldn't carry over a question from the old thread, but it was in reference to American gyms/classes starting as early as 0500.

My gym has an 0500 Core Studio class, and the local Core Power franchises have their first classes at 0530. My guess is that the time is necessary in the larger metro areas due to our longer commutes.

There is a huge piece in both the Houston and Arlington videos that to me are STRONG indications there is no relation - those videos fit every single aspect of what you would expect a robbery to look like. They start by picking a place that has items of value. They dress in clothing that disguises them but at the same time leaves them very agile. The come in incredibly quick and immediately get to doing what they are there for - stealing stuff. If the videos are any indication, they are in and out in under a minute or two. No hanging around for half an hour only to leave with nothing. They have 2 jobs, steal stuff, not get caught. Watching the actual people in that Houston video, I also can't see SP managing any of those moves. :) Those guys run and clear that counter in record time.

This all takes me back to thinking SP had to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that church did not have any alarm system. Anyone who hadn't completely verified that fact ahead of time just couldn't look that calm. I for one would assume a place with all the surveillance signs outside possibly had some sort of alarm. Even a younger man just looking for trouble as some have mentioned, would be nervous enough to look around more, appear to just stop and listen. Something. SP's demeanor in the video really is the strangest part of this whole thing to me. Eerie.
I have never subscribed to the B&E theory in the MB case.

With respect to the gun stores robberies, the perps could have intended to:

1. Sell the stolen merchandise on the black market - probably not tied to the MB case

2. Use the stolen merchandise to aid in the commission of others crimes - this could apply to MB

I am beginning to wonder if MB's death is far more sinister than I originally thought.

Brought over from last thread which closed as I was posting... :eek:

LILOLEME BBm???Thank you for your post. I have to agree, when I heard the words "bucket list" it implies a sense of finality to me. (I looked up the definition)
finality: the fact or impression of being an irreversible ending.
"the abrupt finality of death"

I don't know if I am reading too much into the words, considering he was thinking about his wife's death for at least a 6 hour return drive from Biloxi? Perhaps he really wanted to say, "It is every fisherman's dream trip." Even making that "excuse" in my head is still odd because who would think to explain it that way on the same day your spouse was found viciously murdered in a church? Who cares if it was on YOUR BUCKET LIST....we are talking about your wife's death. Not your leisurely pursuits!
Apologies in advance if my open thoughts offend anyone. If I haven't offended you yet, please give it some time, I'm sure I'll get around to you eventually.:blushing:

I've never found your posts offensive, IQuestion. I was raised in a 'direct' part of the country, so you sound absolutely normal to me. ;)

Re BB's bucket list comment...

Reading between the lines on his facebook, I get the impression BB has had his own mortality on his mind for quite awhile with the chronic, painful illness he's had, and that he and Missy had been looking forward to his trip for a long time as a way to put that behind him after the surgery. So to me his "bucket list" comment comes off as still normal within hours of discovering his wife's murder. The incongruity if it must've been quite something to juggle, mentally (him going on his dream trip to celebrate a beginning of a return to satisfactory health, only to get called back due to the murder of an extremely vibrant, healthy wife).

JMO maybe, but I think it's possible people are dissecting photos (ie. a fireman working out at the gym) and parsing every comment of people who've been declared NOT to be POI simply because we're restless and antsy for real news. BB, who seems to appreciate a listening ear, is not a polished speaker, and his choice of words on camera is sometimes a bit off or muddled - but I don't find that cause for criticism, personally. I see it more as someone who's prone to musing outloud, honestly and without filters, as he tries to sort out what just happened. He talks and muses a lot on camera and, apparently, to the police (and if he were truly involved I think he'd have sealed his fate by now. IMHO). If he and Missy had been referring to this big trip as a "bucket list" item in the preceding months - whether the term was used accurately or not - I don't see him as the sort who'd necessarily think to filter out that term the day he's called home from that trip just because it might offend someone who reads that quote later.

IMO

I have never subscribed to the B&E theory in the MB case.

With respect to the gun stores robberies, the perps could have intended to:

1. Sell the stolen merchandise on the black market - probably not tied to the MB case

2. Use the stolen merchandise to aid in the commission of others crimes - this could apply to MB

I am beginning to wonder if MB's death is far more sinister than I originally thought.

Always a possibility, but in scenario #2, if it was tied to the MB case - my thought is you would have one of the agile perps in the Houston video wait in the same type of hoodie gear with a stolen gun, shoot her as soon as she pulled up or walked in and taken off in the same manner. They weren't caught during the robbery, so those guns can't be traced to anyone. Seems like they would commit the MB crime in the same quick, calculated way they committed the robbery.

Such a perplexing case.
perhaps the perp was privy to the church alarm system beingdown as he was hired to kill missy and make the whole thing look like a botched robbery. Maybe SP is drug addicted and desperate for cash.

Perhaps SP has been involved in other criminal activities ...
If a gun was used, one would think that a stolen one which couldn't be traced would be the smart way to go.
JMO

Why break in a church then wander around and not take anything ? I just can't buy the B AND E theory, her murder was so up close and personal, such rage and anger to hack a woman up.. Nope not buying it.... JMO ofcourse

I'm still going with my original theory of a mentally unstable woman who waited in the church that night to confront or "talk" to MB about some real or perceived grievance. Things did not go well and MB tried to get out or fight her. The hammer or something else used by SP ended the fight. It would not surprise me if SP was known by some of the church members. SP seemed to be pretty much comfortable in the church as if they were familiar with the interiors of the building. My pet theory is just that and only my own opinion. I really want this solved.

This case IMO so reminds me of recent case in KY. A mother disappeared to be found "suicide by self" after taking money from credit union. Her ex whom had stalked and harassed her suddenly looked for her and lovie lovie it up in the media. It was sickening. I realize BB and MB were still married but all the social media and other info points to 2 very separate lives with affair(s). BB demeanor, actions, pressers etc just do not sit well with me. I realize he was out of town but it will remain my opinion that BB and or his family MAY have knowledge of perp etc. I may be wrong and if so apologize in advance. I am much more of a Profiler than evidence based guy. Thankfully we have lots of evidence people onboard. I favor the Psychology aspect. BB sets off bells. A lot of bells

I believe that the burglary/vandalism effort, the Linked-In creepy threat, the warnings to be careful from husband, and the suggestion that perp may be female... all of it... are false flags if you will (and no, I am not a conspiracy theorist.)

Brought over from last thread which closed as I was posting... :eek:

I've never found your posts offensive, IQuestion. I was raised in a 'direct' part of the country, so you sound absolutely normal to me. ;)

Re BB's bucket list comment...

Reading between the lines on his facebook, I get the impression BB has had his own mortality on his mind for quite awhile with the chronic, painful illness he's had, and that he and Missy had been looking forward to his trip for a long time as a way to put that behind him after the surgery. So to me his "bucket list" comment comes off as still normal within hours of discovering his wife's murder. The incongruity if it must've been quite something to juggle, mentally (him going on his dream trip to celebrate a beginning of a return to satisfactory health, only to get called back due to the murder of an extremely vibrant, healthy wife).

JMO maybe, but I think it's possible people are dissecting photos (ie. a fireman working out at the gym) and parsing every comment of people who've been declared NOT to be POI simply because we're restless and antsy for real news. BB, who seems to appreciate a listening ear, is not a polished speaker, and his choice of words on camera is sometimes a bit off or muddled - but I don't find that cause for criticism, personally. I see it more as someone who's prone to musing outloud, honestly and without filters, as he tries to sort out what just happened. He talks and muses a lot on camera and, apparently, to the police (and if he were truly involved I think he'd have sealed his fate by now. IMHO). If he and Missy had been referring to this big trip as a "bucket list" item in the preceding months - whether the term was used accurately or not - I don't see him as the sort who'd necessarily think to filter out that term the day he's called home from that trip just because it might offend someone who reads that quote later.

IMO

Respectfully, jumping off some in your post:

When BB facebook was still up, it showed that he had in the past had serious health issues. He had a comment where he was found (iirc) with his bp in double digits. The comments on a post he made about about going on the fishing trip, his family and some friends made posts about how all that he had been through, he was deserving of it. Then excellent care and kindness by staff as he had his procedure on Friday, made me think of situations where family members have been in and out of hospitals and how it does make you appreciate that kind of care that BB posted about.

On the FF issue, I am thinking that may have started with Breck80? post asking about a rumor that MB stopped off at a Fire Station on Sunday. JMHO. If one was to scroll through MB friends list, which is still public, one would see that she has all kinds of friends with all sorts of occupations. FF, LE, MPD 911 Dispatchers, teachers, lawyers whole yellow pages list of friends and CG Campers with same yellow pages list of occupations. JMHO

Why break in a church then wander around and not take anything ? I just can't buy the B AND E theory, her murder was so up close and personal, such rage and anger to hack a woman up.. Nope not buying it.... JMO ofcourse

Not sure how to kill someone with a hammer without getting up close.. As far as 'personal" and "hacked up" I assume that is what you "imagine" it was like? Still think random burglary gone wrong. Makes for a tough case to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Estelle View Post
I have often wondered 1. How long MIssy had been conducting these groups at this time in the morning?
Today, 05:48 AM#1178 WannaBDetective #169 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-28&p=12647179#post12647179
1. Since January at this location.

Today, 06:45 AM#1179 Eloise http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-28&p=12647228#post12647228

Respectfully BBM, MB had been doing CG classes since Aug 31, 2015 at Creekside Church of Christ per her FB

IT'S TIME TO ADD MORE CG WORKOUTS TO MIDLOTHIAN!

PRE-VIEW WEEK for my new camp location at Creekside Church of Christ of Midlothian for a Monday, Wednesday, Friday 5:00am PRE-VIEW CAMP WILL BE ON Monday, Wednesday, and Friday week of August 31st - September 4th! https://www.facebook.com/events/1608652606060517/

Missy Bevers — We have started a new camp at our new location, Creekside Church of Christ! All church members and staff of Creekside get a FREE 4 week camp! Contact ...
September 9, 2015 https://www.facebook.com/events/1608652606060517/

Missy Bevers
August 30, 2015 ·
It's HAPPENING TOMORROW MORNING @5:00am....Pre-View the new Camp Gladiator location @5:00am, Creekside Church of Christ, 5401 East Hwy 287....SEE YOU ALL THEN!!
https://www.facebook.com/missy.bevers/posts/10207579173257298

[B said:
IQuestion[/B] ]
...RSBM...

...when I heard the words "bucket list" it implies a sense of finality to me. (I looked up the definition)

finality: the fact or impression of being an irreversible ending.
"the abrupt finality of death"

I don't know if I am reading too much into the words, considering he was thinking about his wife's death for at least a 6 hour return drive from Biloxi? Perhaps he really wanted to say, "It is every fisherman's dream trip." Even making that "excuse" in my head is still odd because who would think to explain it that way on the same day your spouse was found viciously murdered in a church? Who cares if it was on YOUR BUCKET LIST....we are talking about your wife's death. Not your leisurely pursuits!
Apologies in advance if my open thoughts offend anyone. If I haven't offended you yet, please give it some time, I'm sure I'll get around to you eventually.:blushing:​
Thank you. I am adding the phrase "bucket list" to the list of odd word choices along with game, role-playing and opportunity, all of them used by BB when speaking to the media. No one ever heard of a "bucket list" until the movie came out and the term has now become a part of the American lexicon. Everyone knows it implies the imminent death of the person completing his bucket list, and excuse-making otherwise is just that, excuses.

---------------

Maybe they were going to break into the gun store to reclaim illegal guns they sold to them, but decided to stage some local break-ins to cover what they were really doing.

Today, 06:45 AM#1179 Eloise http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-28&p=12647228#post12647228
I live in Sydney and there are bootcamps and early gym classes that run at 5.30 around here. They have to because so many people have a long commute to their job because of traffic or having to take multiple forms of public transport. The gym I used to go to had its first class start at 5am and thats when my partner used to go (he works out at home now) becausw it was the only time he could because of the long hours at work and commuting. It makes for a very long and tiring day it's true.

Today, 08:55 AM#1186 zoeneli http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-28&p=12647502#post12647502 I have a few FB friends who attend CG in the DFW area. They both start at 5:30am as well. Many people have an 8am start time for work (many even earlier) and then many parents have a 7:30am drop off time for school kids. Class is 5:30-6:30, then you have to get home in time to shower and get ready. They really can't start much later without eliminating much of the crowd who wants to do it before work. After work gets to complicated. Many in DFW have long drives home and the finish times for work are as varied as the start times. Add kid activities, dinner, etc to the mix and it would be hard to get a full crowd at a specific time.

I tend to agree on the safety aspect of the early morning work hours. Everyone is different, but I personally wouldn't find it patronizing at all to have someone show concern for me. It is the repetitiveness that would worry me. Most crime is actually crime of opportunity so having people know that you will be at a specific location that is dark and empty at a specific time and day, over and over seems like a recipe to be extra cautious regardless if you are male or female. I still hear my mother's voice in my head from when I was in high school trying to push my curfew. "Nothing good happens after dark". Long before the MB case, the friends of mine that do CG have said it is creepy pulling in to the big parking lots that early. They do wait for other campers to exit their cars, but the trainers do get there early and alone to set
I agree!
JHMO, from reading about the CG classes, they are all held in outdoor visible places. JMHO for others to see and possibly want to join and also thinking if visible that less harm will happen.

There seems to be a lot of female trainers. The whole 5:00 am classes do seem to be like Eloise & Zoeneli say in their posts, so that people can get a workout and get back home and shower/dressed before starting their day.

:thinking: If all the sudden a Trainer started having someone show up with them setting up or whatever...CG campers surly would wonder why. Or rumors would start, possibly as they did, whether true or not. Is she fearful of something? Is she scared of coming in early? If so, hmm maybe I should not go to that class... it could really hurt the attendance and that is what she was constantly looking for, new members.

Unless the posts have been deleted, I have only seen 2 posts where it states that classes were going to be held INSIDE. per MPD April 18 Press Conf they stated she said this class was moved indoors iirc so that is the 2nd. 1st was Jan 3, 2015. And that is the only place I have seen where she stated she wasn't feeling good. Unless she also posted it on the now deleted post from April 17, but JMHO if MB had posted it that night, it would be well publicized and I have not seen that.

ETA left out zoe post I also wanted to quote.

I am one who is in the Targeted group.

JMHO the storm was just an added bonus for the Suspect. I see multiple reasons to wear the SWAT get up. Cameras being one, to hide identity.

It appears that MB would go into the building to open up, but we the public don't know her routine of when she would do that. Set up her stuff first outside, then open up the building? If MB had posted as stated about class going inside as stated - that was added assurance & extra time for the suspect to not be seen outside during set up and CG campers not being there. Whether BB is involved or not, I go back and forth. There are advantages either way for it being this particular day. JMHO

ETA we do not know how long BB was to be out of town on his trip. I have seen it posted multiple times called a weekend fishing trip. Which cant be true lol as he left on Sunday afternoon to go out of state. Could have potentially happened MWF... :thinking: maybe the storming is what made it be Monday? JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni