MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Jury selection begins in kidnapping trial for Heather Elvis

24851960_bg1.jpg

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Jury selections start Monday for the Sidney Moorer trial. He faces kidnapping charges in the Heather Elvis case.
Last week, a judge granted the defense attorney’s motion to have separate trials for the kidnapping and obstruction of justice charges.
The Elvis family holds a vigil every month on the 18th to commemorate the last day she was seen or heard from which was December 18, 2013.
Saturday’s vigil held special meaning for her family with the trial set to begin.

Media Thread

***Name calling or name variations is strictly prohibited.***

***No Facebook discussion on this thread please***

Social media thread

https://twitter.com/ErinWPDE
WBTW News 13 (@WBTWNews13) | Twitter
Lisa Gresci (@Lisa_Gresci) | Twitter
Kaitlin Stansell (@kaitlinstansell) | Twitter
WMBF News (@wmbfnews) | Twitter
Elizabeth Townsend (@tsn_etownsend) | Twitter
Abbey O'Brien (@abbeyobrien) | Twitter
Meghan Miller (@Meghan_WBTW) | Twitter
Twitter / Account Suspended

WMFB Live Blog

WBTV Live Stream

Thread # 1 - MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 20 & 21,2016 - #1

Thread #2 - MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 22, 2016 #2

Thread #3 - MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 24 June 2016 #3

Last edited by a moderator:
Sidney Moorer Trial Prosecution Closing Argument 06/23/16

[video=youtube;YwBiUgCFn5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwBiUgCFn5g[/video]

Sidney Moorer Trial Defense Closing Arguments 06/23/16

[video=youtube;ZzqT7iVBkPc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzqT7iVBkPc[/video]

A few seasoned trial-watchers I just checked in with think the jury will be hung.
I believe this jury will find SM guilty as I would had I been sitting with them seeing and hearing same evidence.

Many times newspapers will give a phone number for text alerts at verdict watch for alerts.

if anyone sees such a phone number please post it here.

TIA

Please like this post if you think the verdict will be GUILTY.

Please like this post if you think the verdict will be NOT GUILTY.

Please like this post if you think it will be a HUNG JURY.

A few seasoned trial-watchers I just checked in with think the jury will be hung.
I believe this jury will find SM guilty as I would had I been sitting with them seeing and hearing same evidence.

Since KT has a friend on the jury, it wouldn't surprise me if it is hung.

I'd vote guilty. I typically place a high bar on the prosecution (because I used to work for a criminal defense attorney) but in this trial I feel that they met their burden to the necessary degree.

The defense not putting on witnesses isn't as uncommon as some might think. IMO it's kind of a way of insinuating that the prosecution is lacking and the case is so weak it's ridiculous. Almost like saying they won't justify their claims with a response. I've mainly seen it used in circumstantial cases.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Since KT has a friend on the jury, it wouldn't surprise me if it is hung.

This person is a concern, but the other juror's know who they are, so maybe that won't be an issue.

The video of SM making the call on the payphone, call records, data that disappeared (Truck Sync, cameras surveillance), and the initial lies are pretty convincing. Even if the pregnancy were a rumor, people have been killed based on rumors before, and pregnant women are generally at a much greater risk for murder when the child is unwanted by the sperm donor. IMO

I'd vote guilty. I typically place a high bar on the prosecution (because I used to work for a criminal defense attorney) but in this trial I feel that they met their burden to the necessary degree.

The defense not putting on witnesses isn't as uncommon as some might think. IMO it's kind of a way of insinuating that the prosecution is lacking and the case is so weak it's ridiculous. Almost like saying they won't justify their claims with a response. I've mainly seen it used in circumstantial cases.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Thanks for your perspective! I do think, though, that if they are claiming he was out "creeping around" because he was working that night, they should have had whomever he was contracted with/to as a witness!!! As well as a witness who could maybe speak to why he used a pay phone and not a cell phone (i.e. his phone was broken or he wasn't allowed to have one). It wouldn't have been everything, but it would have been something.

This person is a concern, but the other juror's know who they are, so maybe that won't be an issue.

I'm not worried about this person, especially after hearing the judge speak about the directed verdict, and he's a friend of the Moorer family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh