GUILTY NY - Regina MacFarlane, 39, stabbed to death, Bay Shore, 21 Oct 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A former Green Beret went berserk and stabbed his wife to death yesterday as her screaming, 10-year-old daughter ran barefoot from their home, Suffolk police and neighbors said. The child's bloodcurdling cries of "Daddy, stop, I think you killed her!" roused neighbors on quiet West Drive in Bay Shore and prompted 911 calls, but they were too late to save Regina MacFarlane, 39.
After stabbing his wife in the neck and body with a kitchen knife, Elden MacFarlane, 36, calmly sat on the stoop of his two-story home, lit a cigarette and waited for cops to come, neighbors said.

When they arrived, police said Elden MacFarlane offered no resistance and helpfully put his hands out to be cuffed. He was charged with murder.

Neighbors said the bloodshed came after months of loud arguments, when the husband could be heard shouting things like, "Don't disrespect me. Don't talk to me like that."

They said he had a history of mental problems and that his wife signed him out of an institution just before they were married a year ago.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/358100p-305132c.html

A 10-year-old girl ran from house to house in Bay Shore Friday morning, yelling, "My daddy's killing my mother!"

After neighbors called the police, they said the girl's stepfather, Elden MacFarlane, walked out of the house at 6 West Dr. and sat on the steps of his home smoking a cigarette. He had a knife at his side, neighbors said.
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/l...2,0,1159066.story?coll=ny-homepage-bigpix2005

This is guy one sick a$$h*le! (Can I say that here?) Sorry if I can't, but he ended up killing her over PAPER WORK?!? His calm demeanor afterward is quite disturbing also, IMO. And he better NOT get away w/murdering someone b/c of a mental problem!!! Grrrr!! That poor little girl must be devastated, how horrific. Prayers for the family.

thank god the little girl got away.hope she has some close family to look after her.

I'm not trying to blame the victim here, but it said she signed him out of a mental institution and then married him. She already knew his history and knew if he could be violent. I feel so sorry for her daughter, it will affect her the rest of her life.

Regina MacFarlane, 39, was found dead at about 7:45 a.m. inside her home after police were summoned by the neighbor who heard the little girl's pleas. The victim was found in her living room with multiple stab wounds, police said.

Her husband, Elden MacFarlane, 36, was taken into custody at the scene, charged with second-degree murder. He was scheduled to be arraigned Saturday at First District Court in Central Islip.

Sgt Paul Dodorico of the Suffolk County police homicide squad said officers had responded to domestic violence calls at the house in the past, although he did not have specific details. He said there were no orders of protection on file.
http://1010wins.com/topstories/local_story_296164507.html

From January 2014:

http://www.freenewspos.com/news/art...n-macfarlane-sentenced-again-for-killing-wife

Elden MacFarlane, 48, was convicted of second-degree murder five years ago for the Oct. 21, 2005, death of Regina Jones MacFarlane, 39, after a particularly harrowing trial that featured a 911 recording of the killing in progress..

An appellate court overturned his conviction in 2011, ruling that the trial judge mishandled jury selection. Last month, to avoid another emotionally draining trial, Suffolk prosecutors allowed MacFarlane to plead guilty to first-degree manslaughter in return for a 25-year sentence...

After his initial conviction, MacFarlane was sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back