Found Deceased OH - Robert Dahler, 31, Marietta, 24 June 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Officials still searching for missing Marietta man
13516403_10206077430283631_4944334570425557986_n.jpg

The search began Friday after his belongings were found on the Washington Street Bridge around 10AM.
After speaking with friends, first responders think Dahler jumped into the Muskingum River, but it is not believed to be a suicide.
http://www.thenewscenter.tv/content/news/Police-searching-for-Missing-Marietta-384308801.html

List of reasons one jumps from bridge, excluding suicide :

1: Gratuitous display of physical prowess, usually has witnesses, ime.

2: Personal achievement. Perhaps Robert jumps from stuff as a hobby?

3: A dare, rival?

4: To retrieve a valuable item that entered the water previously.

5: Under the influence of drugs or alcohol

I am out of ideas. :-/

Where I grew up people frequently jump from bridges to swim. Usually it's from low bridges over deep water and turns out okay, but there are frequent incidents that go wrong. Low water level, water moving quicker than anticipated, injuries upon impact, unfamiliar with that particular bridge/location, etc. I obviously don't know if that is even fathomable in this situation, but I have been surprised by the reckless decisions people make without any concern until it goes wrong.

Jumped from bridge but not believed to be a suicide...Okay...Sadly it means this young man will most likely be recovered deceased.

I just saw that the link has been updated. They recovered his body from the river. There will be an autopsy. RIP. Maybe he was mentally ill and hallucinating or something. What a tragedy.

List of reasons one jumps from bridge, excluding suicide :

1: Gratuitous display of physical prowess, usually has witnesses, ime.

2: Personal achievement. Perhaps Robert jumps from stuff as a hobby?

3: A dare, rival?

4: To retrieve a valuable item that entered the water previously.

5: Under the influence of drugs or alcohol

I am out of ideas. :-/
All these sound plausible options to me.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I'm Sam's former roommate. The way this was handled in the media seems so strange to me. There was a ton of media coverage in the short time he was missing but no follow-up at all. Another man, Dan Reid, was also missing from the same area and I had no idea he was missing because it was never covered by the media at all. I have no idea why Sam was on that bridge. It's not near anything. I just can't make sense of any of it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back