GUILTY France - Adelaide Kabou, 15 mos, left to drown, Berck, 19 Nov 2013

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
A good read, a chilling case.

Washington Post:

‘She was born in August, and I ended up killing her 15 months after her birth'

It was too chilly to be on the beach the night Fabienne Kabou killed her baby.

By her own account, given in a Saint-Omer, France, the 39-year-old checked into a hotel in Berck-sur-Mer, on the northern coast of France, in November 2013.

With her was her 15-month-old daughter, Adélaïde, who she took for a moonlit stroll along the sandy beach, pausing to breast feed her.
---
"I remained standing and I clutched her against me and then, I don’t know, I said, ‘No, no, no.’ I couldn’t stop saying ‘no’, I don’t know why. I cried.”

She added, “It was as if I was saying to someone, ‘I can’t do something like that,’ but I did it.”
---
the rest at the link

From the above link:

The prosecution, though, is arguing that this was a premeditated murder formed of sound mind and that the allusions to witchcraft are part of a strategy to appear insane without outright stating it in an attempt to receive a reduced sentence.

No way in any shape or form does this have any flavor of the craft. This, in my opinion, is a broken human that killed her baby because this baby came between her relationship with her lover. This broken human, IMO, was selfish, if she couldn't have the baby no one could. Kill the babies before they are born, have one and see if it 'works out'. Didn't so killed the baby after she was born. She makes me sick.

From the above link:

No way in any shape or form does this have any flavor of the craft. This, in my opinion, is a broken human that killed her baby because this baby came between her relationship with her lover. This broken human, IMO, was selfish, if she couldn't have the baby no one could. Kill the babies before they are born, have one and see if it 'works out'. Didn't so killed the baby after she was born. She makes me sick.

I'm in agreement with you, I read selfishness in both articles. This woman has a high IQ, is a member of Mensa, yet she couldn't be bothered with birth control- she had two prior abortions and didn't want to let her lover or anyone else know of her pregnancies. She felt she had the power of life and death. This was premeditated. She did dress the child warmly and let her have a last meal, yet she planned the place, rented the motel room, etc...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back