CO Mini Van with family of 6 Failed to Yield for Train - 5 dead

RT51

Reaction score
[video]http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/26/us/amtrak-crash-colorado/index.html[/video]

"(CNN)Five people were killed when a train crashed into a van in Colorado on Sunday, authorities said.

The van's right side was hit after it failed to yield the right of way to the train, Colorado State Patrol said in a news release.
The driver and four passengers were killed. One occupant was airlifted to Denver Hospital with injuries police described as serious."

So sad. Only a 4 year old survived.

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/26/us/amtrak-crash-colorado/index.html[/video]

"(CNN)Five people were killed when a train crashed into a van in Colorado on Sunday, authorities said.

The van's right side was hit after it failed to yield the right of way to the train, Colorado State Patrol said in a news release.
The driver and four passengers were killed. One occupant was airlifted to Denver Hospital with injuries police described as serious."

So sad. Only a 4 year old survived.
Omw :prayers: and that poor child.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I was just reading about this awful event. I feel terrible for the little one left behind....her whole world has been turned upside down. What a horrific thing to deal with, especially at such a young age. Fox News just reported they were on their way to church.

That was my immediate thought: Your whole life can change in an instant.
RIP to the family, prayers for the little one.

"The crossing is marked only with signs, but a proposal to add flashing lights and gates has been in the works since late 2013, according to a plan first reported by The Denver Post."

It looks like there may have not been a gate or lights at this crossing? Easy to forget to stop and look, and these trains are extremely fast.

"The crossing is marked only with signs, but a proposal to add flashing lights and gates has been in the works since late 2013, according to a plan first reported by The Denver Post."

It looks like there may have not been a gate or lights at this crossing? Easy to forget to stop and look, and these trains are extremely fast.

Yeah, it could easily happen as the kids could have been making noise or causing a distraction, but dang - almost a whole family wiped out in such a horrific way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back