GUILTY Australia - Zeinab Taleb, 27, murdered, Broadmeadows, Vic, June 2016

Bohemian

Reaction score
Police search for information after woman found dead in Melbourne
By Sarah Farnsworth
ABC News
Updated about 10 hours ago (as at 22:32 AEST 30/06/2016)

View attachment 97612

'The homicide squad is yet to identify the body of a woman found wrapped in a blanket in Melbourne, but police believe her injuries were the result of a prolonged and targeted attack.

A jogger found the body of the woman at the Dallas tennis club's car park on Hepburn Street.'

'The woman is thought to be in her 40s and of Middle Eastern appearance, and police have now reached out to multicultural media to spread the word.'

'The first image of the woman's face showed her with short cropped hair. A beaded brown scarf was also found with her body.'

'In a new police image the woman wearing the scarf as a hijab."

She has been described as about 158 centimetres tall with a slim to medium build.'

Police said she was wearing grey tracksuit pants and a grey hooded jumper.

Anyone with information can also contact Crime Stoppers.'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-...dy-found-at-dallas-tennis-club/7555902?pfm=ms

Police investigate violent deaths in Geelong, Melbourne
Updated Sat 18 Jun 2016 3:39 pm AEST
Posted Sat 18 Jun 2016, 9:20 am AEST

'Homicide detectives are also continuing to investigate the discovery of a body wrapped in cloth in Dallas in Melbourne's north on Friday about 1:30pm.

Detectives were waiting on post-mortem results to establish the identity of the victim and cause of death.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...e-three-violent-and-suspicious-deaths/7522590

Police release image of woman found dead in blanket at tennis club in Melbourne
Updated Wed 22 Jun 2016 11:21am AEST
Posted Wed 22 Jun 2016 10:14am AEST

View attachment 97613

'The body of the female, believed to be aged in her 40s, was found in the car park of the club in Dallas by a jogger last Friday.'

View attachment 97614

'"The one thing that was with her was what we believe to be a distinctive item. It may be a headscarf or some other item of significance," he said.

"It's brown in colour and has some fairly distinctive beading on it."'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-22/police-trying-to-identify-woman's-body-in-dallas/7532174

This one should be solved quick I would think....Dallas is a highly populated area. ..... with an extremely high population of middle eastern persons...... hopefully through facebook shares it wont take too long.

This one should be solved quick I would think....Dallas is a highly populated area. ..... with an extremely high population of middle eastern persons...... hopefully through facebook shares it wont take too long.

You'd think so, Puggs, but it's been 2 weeks since police found her remains and still nothing. If it was a killing under Sharia Law ie, adultery, no doubt the Muslim community will be very tight-lipped.

You'd think so, Puggs, but it's been 2 weeks since police found her remains and still nothing. If it was a killing under Sharia Law ie, adultery, no doubt the Muslim community will be very tight-lipped.

Yeah hadn't thought of that.... hopefully someone will send in an annonomous tip.

Yeah hadn't thought of that.... hopefully someone will send in an annonomous tip.

Yes, let's hope so, Puggs; especially as DI Hughes 'thinks there will be a direct link to the family'.

Also that it's 'believed someone must have helped dispose of [her] body' and she 'was not killed at the car park'.

As well as adultery, she may have wanted to divorce her partner or have actually left him and been discovered/or informed upon. I'll have to search the Australian Institute of Criminology's Publications and look at the trends in domestic/family violence specific to Middle Eastern communities. I remember reading of quite a few similar, very violent, deaths of women under those circumstances years ago.

No doubt an analyst from the Middle Eastern Major Crimes Squad (if one still exists in Victoria) will be part of the investigating Task Force for this poor woman.

Police search for information after woman found dead in Melbourne
By Sarah Farnsworth
ABC News
Updated Thu at 12:02pm

'This is not accidental. We believe this is a targeted attack," Detective Inspector Hughes said.

"We think there will be a direct link to the family."'

Woman likely killed somewhere else, dumped in carpark

'Police believed someone must have helped dispose of the body and said the woman was not killed at the car park where she was found.'

'The public was asked to check in with friends, family and neighbours who they think are somewhere else.'

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-...dy-found-at-dallas-tennis-club/7555902?pfm=ms

Mystery murdered woman found in Dallas was family violence victim, police believe
The Age
Chloe Booker
June 30 2016

'An unidentified woman who was murdered and dumped in a car park suffered "serious and sustained" injuries in a what police believe was a case of family violence.'

'Speaking from the caravan, Homicide Squad Inspector Mick Hughes said the attack was targeted and not a "one off where someone lost their temper".'

'"This is a serious assault. This is not an accident [where] someone hit someone and they accidently died and they've panicked and they've placed her body there."

The woman, perceived to be of Middle Eastern appearance, was found in an open area wrapped in a dark brown and cream quilted blanket.'

'Pathology testing has led them to believe she may be a mother.

Inspector Hughes said a weapon was used in the assault, but would not disclose further details other than it wasn't a firearm.'

http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/mys...ce-victim-police-believe-20160630-gpv4qf.html

This one is a real worry. I am familiar with the area and a lot of families have people coming from and going overseas, at numbers incongruent with what you'd expect given the socioeconomic status of Dallas. She may well not be an Australian citizen. If she is around 40, there is likely still minor children who may be in a very bad situation too. Hope they are pulling out all the stops with CCTV and phone pings to see who was around at the time.

'A man arrested by police after 3 injured children from a Broadmeadows home were taken to hospital last night, is being interviewed by police over the murder of a woman whose body was found in Dallas last month. He has been named as Bassam Raad, 34, of Broadmeadows. He was previously acquitted in 2006 over terror related charges.'

(paraphrased from a paywalled article in Herald Sun)

http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/man-arrested-over-alleged-assault-of-three-children-in-broadmeadows-20160704-

Three children are in hospital, their mother is missing, a man is in custody and the homicide squad have been called in after a dispute at a home in Broadmeadows on Monday night.
Detectives are believed to be investigating links between the missing mother and the discovery of a woman's body in nearby Dallas on June 17

'A man arrested by police after 3 injured children from a Broadmeadows home were taken to hospital last night, is being interviewed by police over the murder of a woman whose body was found in Dallas last month. He has been named as Bassam Raad, 34, of Broadmeadows. He was previously acquitted in 2006 over terror related charges.'

(paraphrased from a paywalled article in Herald Sun)

Thanks for the updates, 1968. I suspected as much when I heard about this on ABC News 24 Breakfast this morning. Those poor children. They've lost their Mum and their father is allegedly responsible for her murder.

My heart goes out to those littlies as well, Bo. I wonder, if as earlier speculated, the Dallas lady was in fact a sharia killing? And the mention of the masked Man who drives up to the property only to drive off in a great hurry, pursued by police, what's all that about? Come back to finish the job?
Rescue the children ?
One of the articles (HeraldSun) mentioned that a neighbour spoke to her (the mother of the children) and she was told by her husband to 'go inside' he sounds like a pretty hardline sort of a dude.
If in fact the husband is Bassam Raad, theres a fair bit in the media about him. He's known to police for sure.

Thanks for updating - I searched on this story during the day and this didn't come up.

'Four members of the Raad family from Melbourne - Ahmed, Ezzit, Majed and Bassam Raad - were among 12 men tried for terrorism in connection with a plan to wage "violent jihad" on Australia as a punishment for sending troops to Afghanistan.

The gang were accused of planning to blow up the Australian Football League's Grand Final, held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, in September 2005. They then planned further attacks on sporting venues across the city. '

Herald Sun newspaper reported.

The Herald Sun understands a deceased woman, who police had been unable to identify since her body was discovered in Dallas on June 17, is Raad’s wife — a Lebanese national called Zaynab.

She had been bashed and her fingers removed

My heart goes out to those littlies as well, Bo. I wonder, if as earlier speculated, the Dallas lady was in fact a sharia killing? And the mention of the masked Man who drives up to the property only to drive off in a great hurry, pursued by police, what's all that about? Come back to finish the job?
Rescue the children ?
One of the articles (HeraldSun) mentioned that a neighbour spoke to her (the mother of the children) and she was told by her husband to 'go inside' he sounds like a pretty hardline sort of a dude.
If in fact the husband is Bassam Raad, theres a fair bit in the media about him. He's known to police for sure.

I'm sure we'll hear more about the masked driver in the near future. There's been some strange goings on around Melbourne that may be connected to this woman's alleged murder. Thank God the police arrived at the Broadmeadows house when they did or this may have ended in a triple murder/suicide.

The Herald Sun understands a deceased woman, who police had been unable to identify since her body was discovered in Dallas on June 17, is Raad’s wife — a Lebanese national called Zaynab.

She had been bashed and her fingers removed

Poor woman. I hope, too, her children didn't witness her death.

Sick of this crap.......poor lady probably just wanted a good life for her children...

Ask him and his 11 friends their poliitical views...if they are radicals. .....put em on the first flight to wherever they want to go...and dont let them back in......bloody coward ****tards

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back