Bangladesh - Gunman take 20 foreign hostages

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36687616
Gunmen have stormed a popular cafe in the diplomatic area of the Bangladeshi capital, Dhaka, taking a number of hostages, officials say.
Several foreigners are among those being held by eight or nine men in the city's Gulshan district, they add.
A police officer has been killed and at least five others injured in a gun battle, a spokesman said.

MSNBC reporting about 40 hostages held and 4 police officers dead.

6 to 8 attackers - 20 hostages is the report CNN has posted for awhile.

An ex-pat area, or, an area that has lots of ex-pats with a popular bakery that has items that taste like those at home in America.

What a surprise, not!
rbbm.
A group of up to nine attackers took hostages inside a restaurant frequented by both locals and foreigners in a diplomatic zone in Bangladesh's capital of Dhaka, local media report.

Bangladesh TV stations reported that the attackers entered the Holey Artisan Bakery in Dhaka's Gulshan area around 9:20 p.m. Friday and were holding customers and staff hostage.

The TV reports said the identities of the attackers were not immediately known.

A huge contingent of security guards cordoned off the area and the restaurant as they traded gunfire with the attackers, who set off explosions, reports say. Three policemen were wounded.

Quoting a kitchen staff worker at the restaurant who escaped the attack, Jamuna Television reported that the gunmen chanted "Allahu Akbar" (God Is Great) as they launched the attack.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/dhaka-restaurant-hostage-attack-1.3661626

Interesting approach for these loving and peaceful, religious devotees, imo.
rbbm.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/01/dhaka-bangladesh-restaurant-attack-hostages
Ahmed, chief of the Rapid Action Battalion, said: “We believe we can resolve this peacefully.
“Some derailed youths have entered the restaurant and launched the attack. We have talked to some of the people who fled the restaurant after the attack,” Ahmed said. “We are trying to talk to the attackers, we want to listen to them about what they want.”

This is ALL so silly to me! Media going nuts "they have taken responsiblity".

What on earth do we expect them do ?

In any of these, say we had nothing to do with a major terrorist attack.

Even tho we hate your guts, we had nothing to do with these massive attacks??

Like these are a group of people (tiny--- in terms of muslim faith) that are honest law abiding folks?

Bunch of nonsense imo Of course they are going to say they did this moo

Silly......

All this "stepping up" security for July 4th.

There is no security, againist folks that are fine to blow themselves up into chunks. - peroid.

Cars kill many. Its a risk. How it works. Dont drive, or go out, or do so and realize life is risky - being "safe" impossible moo.

It is living moo...........................

I cant stand when they do this! 8 months ago, our forces killed Hotdogarshimi-Relishaktar-Mustardla Dijon-Hamburgerish.

Shortly there afterwards, our forces captured Toyataishlimi - Honda Rakis- Chevyritazrollie .

After that sucesss, Sheltieorski- Huskyaramai- Germansheppard-Orishikampopi, vowed revenge.

Any of us have a clue what they are talking about??

Not me!

anyone got alive feed not CNN Msnbc getting blocked I use . Tried sky and air france they doing doing nothing

Strange - got MSNBC back -- noone is doing any new news, bringing in all there "talkers" while not updating the sitution??

Got an edit thing

I cant stand when they do this!

8 months ago, our forces killed Hotdogarshimi-Relishaktar-Mustardla Dijon-Hamburgerish.

Shortly there afterwards, our forces captured Toyataishlimi - Honda Rakis- Chevyritazrollie .

After that sucesss, Sheltieorski- Huskyaramai- Germansheppardakism, vowed revenge.

We think this attack might be organized by Bedsheetishm-Comforteraraski-Cottonushimiuske.

Any of us have a clue who they are talking about??

Not me!

Good. The main weapon and goal of terrorists is publicity, as it's the most effective way to spread terror.

Csnbc (I think that is right!) is saying they started shooting outside , and then when they got resistance, they ran in to the place. The gist was it was not targeted, but a refuge - hey only telling ya what they are telling us!!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/dhaka-restaurant-hostage-attack-1.3661626
We want to resolve this peacefully. We are trying to talk to the attackers, we want to listen to them about what they want.

"Some of our people have been injured. Our first priority is to save the lives of the people trapped inside," he added.

At least 35 people, including about 20 foreigners, were still trapped inside the restaurant, according to kitchen staffer, Sumon Reza, who was among more than 10 people who managed to run to the rooftop and escape.
Recent increase in violence

Bangladesh, a traditionally moderate Muslim-majority nation, has recently seen an upsurge in militant violence. Nearly two dozen atheist writers, publishers, members of religious minorities, social activists and foreign aid workers have been slain since 2013 by attackers wielding machetes. The frequency of attacks has increased in recent months. Also on Friday, a Hindu temple worker was hacked to death by at least three assailants in southwest Bangladesh.

The attacks have raised fears that religious extremists are gaining a foothold in the country, despite its traditions of secularism and tolerance

"Keep an alertness this weekend" No one can look up from their cell phones - how is this gonna happen??

Got an edit thing

I cant stand when they do this!

8 months ago, our forces killed Hotdogarshimi-Relishaktar-Mustardla Dijon-Hamburgerish.

After that sucesss, Sheltieorski- Huskyaramai- Germansheppardakism, vowed revenge.

We think this attack might be organized by Bedsheetishm-Comforteraraski-Cottonushimiuske.

Any of us have a clue who they are talking about??

Not me!

CARIIS,Kudos on knowing and spelling those names!

CARIIS,Kudos on knowing and spelling those names!

The Boston bombers were my speed. White hat, black hat older/ younger- right in there- no prob!

In San Berm I could not keep up which name was male/female. Forget Paris - totally.

If someone came up to me and said I will give you a million dollars if you could name and outline the interrelationships in Pike county - they would have their million dollars!

I dont know you guys- but what is going on now, never seen this, it is so stagnent for so long its very strange moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back