GUILTY LA - Sgt. David Elahi, 28, killed by drunk driver, Sterlington, 3 July 2016

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

A 44-year-old man is accused of driving drunk and sideswiping a police car at a traffic stop in northeast Louisiana, killing one officer and injuring two others early Sunday, officials said.

The crash took place on Interstate 55 in Sterlington, about 220 miles northwest of New Orleans, as city police Officer David Elahi stood next to a patrol car, talking to a woman who had been stopped (...)

He said a pickup truck hit Elahi and took off the police car doors.

The other two officers had minor injuries, according to a state police spokesman.

(...) Tracy Govan, 44, of Monroe, was arrested on charges including vehicular homicide and vehicular negligent injury — killing or injuring someone by driving while drunk.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/03/police-drunk-driver-kills-local-officer-at-traffic-stop0.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 71
From Kay ElJay's link:

"He said Elahi was in his late 20s, had worked for him about four years, and was engaged to the mother of his toddler-age daughter."

"His funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at North Monroe Baptist Church, Bonner said."

"David was probably the hardest-working individual I've ever met," Bonner said. He said Elahi had two part-time businesses — real estate and renting inflatable "bounce houses" — and had planned to go to part-time police work at the end of July so he could work full-time at real estate."

"He was devoted to his daughter and to his parents, Bonner said."

"His father has some health issues, and David's always been there for him."

"He said he can't remember ever seeing Elahi in a bad mood."

"He was a beautiful, beautiful young man."

RIP Officer Elahi

RIP David. Prayers for his parents and other loved ones, friends.

This tragedy happened in a neighboring town. Only a short distance from where I live. My SIL, who was a deputy in a neighboring parish, worked with him several times when he came to help out. He was greatly loved and respected in our area. I know his family and the Sterlington Police Department would consider it a blessing that David was honored here today. Thank you.

Very sad. RIP. He shouldn't be out on bail, he should be treated like a murderer, because thats what drink drivers are. You're attempting murder just getting behind the wheel drunk. You know what can happen. It's a deliberate action.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back