Identified! OH - Peninsula, LIVING BlkFem, 18, Cuyahoga Valley Nat'l Park, Jul'16 - Name withheld

spiritseeker31

Reaction score
According to a press release, park rangers were notified at just before 9:30 a.m. on Sunday after the victim was found in park boundaries on Akron-Peninsula Rd in the Peninsula area. She is described as an African-American female, about 18 years old. She weighs between 110 and 120 pounds and i 5'4" to 5'0" tall

[Not sure which thread/forum to put this in...]
I live in the area and I was down in this particular spot on Saturday evening/early Sunday morning. We also passed by several times on our way from Ira Trailhead up to Red Lock Trailhead. Too bad it wasn't one night earlier and perhaps would have seen something. :(
I'm hoping someone reports this girl missing so they can figure out who she is. She was found this morning and as of 20 minutes ago they still haven't figured out who she is or what happened.
She was found in a field near the woods. CVNP is very 'forresty' location but many areas are very active during daylight hours with bikers, hikers and so forth.

According to a press release, park rangers were notified at just before 9:30 a.m. on Sunday after the victim was found in park boundaries on Akron-Peninsula Rd in the Peninsula area. She is described as an African-American female, about 18 years old. She weighs between 110 and 120 pounds and i 5'4" to 5'0" tall

[Not sure which thread/forum to put this in...]
I live in the area and I was down in this particular spot on Saturday evening/early Sunday morning. We also passed by several times on our way from Ira Trailhead up to Red Lock Trailhead. Too bad it wasn't one night earlier and perhaps would have seen something. :(
I'm hoping someone reports this girl missing so they can figure out who she is. She was found this morning and as of 20 minutes ago they still haven't figured out who she is or what happened.
She was found in a field near the woods. CVNP is very 'forresty' location but many areas are very active during daylight hours with bikers, hikers and so forth.

BBM

It seems you may have been in the area at a relevant time, then...with multiple gunshot wounds, wouldn't the assault have taken place just prior to 9:30 Sunday morning? Poor gal; I hope someone can offer some info.

OH......for some reason in my head it happened Sunday night/Monday morning (even though i read the articles all day today).
I need to rack my brain and call the people I was with that night...maybe someone saw something.

I'm such an idiot.

My opening post was all whopperjawed!
We were out walking until about 2am Sat night. About 11pm we left Ira Trailhead and went down Riverview Rd to Red Lock Trailhead. Around 2am We drove from Red Lock Trailhead down Riverview Road until we reached rt 303 in Peninsula then cut up to Akron-Peninsula Rd until reaching Steels Corners Rd. (thinking outloud) I only remember seeing one vehicle on the route home. Will call the others in the morning.

I wonder how long she could have been laying out there bleeding? I can't imagine anyone shooting someone or dumping someone after around 5:30am when it starts filling up with photographers/hikers/bikers and "sunday drivers". But people have gotten away with stranger things.
I'm really hoping someone realizes that this girl is missing and calls in. That would help immensely.

This poor young girl. I hope they find who she is. Surely someone has to be missing her.

OH......for some reason in my head it happened Sunday night/Monday morning (even though i read the articles all day today).
I need to rack my brain and call the people I was with that night...maybe someone saw something.

I'm such an idiot.

Thanks for clarifying...and nah, not an idiot--just a mental hiccup. We all get 'em. :)

That'd be amazing if someone you were with remembered something that could help with this.

Any local news on how the girl is doing?

https://youtu.be/4cBZNroMoIs
excerpt of the 911 call. Sounds like the victim was talking at first although news media now says she's unable to talk to police.

*edit* I now take it to understand some runners found her and one of them said the girl was shot.

https://goo.gl/maps/fPkz3BCw1Ws
The horse trail runs to the left of Akron-Peninsula Road and crosses over the road just north of Northampton (at that point you can see a sort of drive on part of it). She was found in a meadow off the trail north of Bolanz near Northampton & Akron Peninsula.

Since she matches none of the missing girls from this area whyyyyyyyyy hasn't family or friends come forward missing a loved one?

Fox 8 News agreed not to identify the man who says he was flagged down by one of the joggers and went to comfort the victim before help arrived.He believes she had already been there for hours and, although she had been shot several times in the head, was still alive and was able to speak.
The man says she told him she felt hot and asked how soon help would arrive.
From what he observed at the scene he believes she may have even attempted to move herself from another location to where she was found trying to get help.
The victim was transported to a local hospital but she has not been able to communicate with authorities.

http://fox8.com/2016/07/05/good-sam...-found-shot-in-cuyahoga-valley-national-park/

(New here--please let me know if I'm not following procedures!) It looks like she was able to communicate pretty clearly with the Good Samaritan, but has 'not been able' to ever since. Have any articles stated that her injuries are preventing her from communicating? I wonder if she just doesn't want to be identified...

This is horrible! May she be identified asap.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

http://fox8.com/2016/07/05/good-sam...-found-shot-in-cuyahoga-valley-national-park/

(New here--please let me know if I'm not following procedures!) It looks like she was able to communicate pretty clearly with the Good Samaritan, but has 'not been able' to ever since. Have any articles stated that her injuries are preventing her from communicating? I wonder if she just doesn't want to be identified...

They may have her too heavily sedated, in a medically induced coma, or in recovery from surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How awful. Praying she pulls through and can tell not only is who she is, but also who did this to her!

Shot in the head several times and still alive and able to speak? Wow this is one tough girl! Hope she pulls through!

I bet whoever did this to her dumped her there thinking she's dead.

Shot in the head several times and still alive and able to speak? Wow this is one tough girl! Hope she pulls through!

I bet whoever did this to her dumped her there thinking she's dead.

That would be a long way to carry a body though. Seems more likely they lured or forced her out there under her own power and shot her then.

I wonder if they had planned to shoot her more, like dead...but got spooked from someone approaching and would hear the gunshot and would look and could then id them?

Sent from my SCH-I545

I also wonder if the person or people that did this to her are also the ones that could id her. Ex. Parents. I hope not. I'm thinking out of state and not living at home, also.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back