Interview: GGP with People Magazine - June 29 2016

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to discussion of the interview GGP did with People Magazine.

Related posts have been brought over from another thread. All off-topic posts or bashing of the family will be removed and may result in TOs or the thread being closed. Please post accordingly.

:tyou:

"The latest issue of People magazine features an in-depth story on missing Idaho Falls toddler DeOrr Kunz, Jr.

A photo of the then-2-year-old boy appears on the cover of the July 11 issue under the headline ‘Without a Trace.’"

"I walked up the embankment and when I looked over, he wasn’t in his chair and he wasn’t with (Walton, Jessica’s grandfather),” Kunz told the magazine.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/06/people-magazine-featuring-depth-story-deorr-kunz/

"The latest issue of People magazine features an in-depth story on missing Idaho Falls toddler DeOrr Kunz, Jr.

A photo of the then-2-year-old boy appears on the cover of the July 11 issue under the headline ‘Without a Trace.’"

"I walked up the embankment and when I looked over, he wasn’t in his chair and he wasn’t with (Walton, Jessica’s grandfather),” Kunz told the magazine.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/06/people-magazine-featuring-depth-story-deorr-kunz/

Let's hope the full article includes LE's stance.

Hmm somewhat interesting, he wasn't happy to be out camping looking for any excuse to leave...sounds like someone was probably not in a good mood. Wonder if they fought about it on the trip.
Or possibly trying to give the idea that whatever happened, he is less to blame because he didn't even want them to go in the first place.

So, according the the article, now the story is that IR and Ggp stayed at the campsite whilst the parents went to look for a fishing spot. Like it was originally.

Stunned from the news, Mitchell dropped her fishing pole, ran up the embankment and started screaming as the realization that her boy was missing began to hit her.

"I left everything where it was," says Mitchell, who explains she is still numb over his disappearance. "I just ran across the rocks, went up the embankment and went, 'What do you mean he's gone? What do you mean he's missing?'"

http://www.people.com/article/deorr-kunz-jessica-mitchell-speak-out-idaho-mountains

Wouldn't their first reaction be to start calling his name and looking for him, assuming that he'd just wandered off and was nearby? Rather than to start screaming and yelling at ggp...

Where in the world do you get she was yelling at GGP. You must not be a parent because screaming and yelling is a normal reaction when something happens to your kid. But most of you aren't going to believe anything the parents say so why are you even bothering to read this article?

I have No intentions of reading it, because, as you say.... I don't believe anything the parents say, and either does LE.

So, according the the article, now the story is that IR and Ggp stayed at the campsite whilst the parents went to look for a fishing spot. Like it was originally.

Also, if you watch the video attached to the People magazine article, it says something I have not heard before:

Lemhi County Sheriff's Deputy Steve Penner tells People, "There were 4 people there, and they have been less than truthful. No one has been cleared."
Source: Video @ http://www.people.com/article/deorr-kunz-jessica-mitchell-speak-out-idaho-mountains @ 1:19

I don't remember LE ever specifically saying IR has been less than truthful. Not that I think he is responsible for anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if his story about seeing the boy when the family got back from the store is not true.

ETA: People isn't known for their journalistic integrity, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Sheriff was misquoted.

My experience with PEOPLE magazine and other cases has been they will add new information to an old story, even if that story was written many months before with information that has since been changed due to LE releasing new and/or updated information. I think the same applies here: PEOPLE is using an original story from right after the disappearance and has NOT updated that information with newer developments. Then they've added this newest "exclusive" stuff, without correcting the early details that came out in July 2015. KWIM?

Personally, I'm ignoring anything in the story that we know LE has since updated with more accurate details.

From the article, VDK hates to camp, so he probably wasn't exactly a happy camper. Is it possible he did something with Deorr and JM doesn't know, though may suspect? Could something have happened before they went down to the creek, if not then possibly at the hands of one of the others there and they hid his body? If it's there in that vicinity he should have been found him by now, that means wherever he is, it's not there. Just grasping at straws....

Wait a minute! This is the first I've heard that mom and dad were actually fishing!!

IIRC, they were walking "scouting" out a place, but no mention of taking fishing gear and fishing. We all discussed wonder what they were really doing, Remember? Again, the story I remember is the two of them were walking back to the campsite to get DeOrr to take him and show him minnows. IR is the one who was actually fishing at this point.

Help me out here, please. When did we hear mom and dad were fishing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back