TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"A fitness trainer and mother of three was murdered in a Dallas-area church Monday morning by a man wearing SWAT gear, police said."

"Boot camp-style exercise class participants who showed up at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Tex., around 5 a.m. found their instructor Terri “Missy” Bevers, 45, dead, according to the Midlothian Police Department."

"Fitness trainer Terri (Missy) Bevers, 45, was killed early Monday just before her boot-camp style class, police said. Participants in the Camp Gladiator class found her dead when they arrived to a Midlothian, Tex., church for the workout."

"Police Chief Carl Smith said a man wearing what looked like a tactical helmet, gloves and a heavy vest with "POLICE" written on it could be seen in security camera footage from the E. U.S. Highway 287 church just before Bevers arrived. The department released the 4 a.m. footage Monday afternoon, though Smith said no cameras captured the attack."

MEDIA & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

LE Update/Presser on April 22, 2016

Link to Midlothian Police Department facebook page
Images (still and video) from the church featuring the perp can be seen here.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25
Thread #26
Thread #27
Thread #28
Thread #29
Thread #30
CERTAIN BEHAVIORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

Dear Websleuths Members,

We are going to apply common sense to the Missy Bever's discussion.

You all have really done some amazing sleuthing in the Bever's case. Thank you for putting forth the effort
to bring us interesting and helpful posts.

From now on if a member disrupts the thread in any way they will be timed out or banned.

Disrupting the thread could be anything from hitting the alert button over and over on posts that do not
violate our TOS, to trying to disrupt members who are discussing a scenario that you disagree with, to arguing over something so minor that it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out of my head in frustration.

Here is an example: No more arguments over "shards of glass" VS "broken glass" LE referenced.

No outright accusations against specific individuals but very general broad speculation or theorizing will be allowed.

The last word from LE was a long time ago and was that none of the persons listed in the search warrants that have been released are suspects "at this time"

We all know that is
doublespeak for we are not willing to name any of them POI or suspect RIGHT NOW.

So a general speculation of "I still find the husband's statements odd, his demeanor off. Something is not right there" are fine. While statements like "BB did it, I mean come on, his wife was sleeping around and it's almost always the husband or boyfriend" are over the line.

"I think this was motivated by jealousy by someone Missy knew, someone who felt threatened by her, someone with low self-esteem" would be okay while "it was that one woman [whatever her initials are] married to one teacher [insert initials]" would be over the line.

This should be easy to understand.

We want a lively and interesting discussion, however, we will not allow the Bever's discussion to get out of hand.

Thanks to
tlcya and beach for their contributions to this post and for their continued hard work in moderating the Bever's thread.

Tricia

Search Warrants

dry cleaner warrant - redacted
LinkedIn warrant 5-5-16
AT&T Tower warrant 5-5-16
Search warrant

Here you go.

Thank you Tricia & mods. And also big thanks to Sparky for doing a sterling job here these last few months.

Hoping for some new news soon.

Quick poll results from end of June

LE know who did it 31
LE do not know who did it 24
Killer is male 36
Killer is female 14
Missy targeted for personal reasons 51
Missy targeted for other reasons 4
Missy interrupted a burglary 3

Thank you to Tricia and to all the hard-working moderators who do this without very much in return other than the knowledge they're doing something worthwhile. And it IS worthwhile.

Okay, some info that I found out after thread 30 was closed last week... and this may or may not be related, I leave it to you to judge for yourself. Per the Midlothian PD, it's confirmed that there has been no break yet in the case of the Easter Sunday carjacking in the parking lot of the Midlothian Wal-Mart. I believe that this case and the MB case COULD be related. The carjackers were dropped off at a nearby church where they then walked to the Wal-Mart and carjacked a woman's SUV. They were dropped off by a silver sedan as caught on surveillance video, and the silver sedan proceeded to block a good samaritan from following the carjacked SUV.

The silver sedan looks an awful lot like the car spotted at the SWFA gun store the night of MB's murder. It's awfully coincidental. Even if it isn't the same exact car (they do look VERY similar to me) - if the same people are involved, I could see them being inclined to use silver sedans (with plates switched) because they are so plentiful and non-descript.

Again, this is JMHO and I'm trying not to have tunnel vision in my theories about the case. But I sure would like the MPD to find these two carjackers and their drop-off person and see if they have an alibi for Apr. 18.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...ht-off-two-suspects-in-armed-carjacking.html/

Thank you to Tricia and to all the hard-working moderators who do this without very much in return other than the knowledge they're doing something worthwhile. And it IS worthwhile.

Okay, some info that I found out after thread 30 was closed last week... and this may or may not be related, I leave it to you to judge for yourself. Per the Midlothian PD, it's confirmed that there has been no break yet in the case of the Easter Sunday carjacking in the parking lot of the Midlothian Wal-Mart. I believe that this case and the MB case COULD be related. The carjackers were dropped off at a nearby church where they then walked to the Wal-Mart and carjacked a woman's SUV. They were dropped off by a silver sedan as caught on surveillance video, and the silver sedan proceeded to block a good samaritan from following the carjacked SUV.

The silver sedan looks an awful lot like the car spotted at the SWFA gun store the night of MB's murder. It's awfully coincidental. Even if it isn't the same exact car (they do look VERY similar to me) - if the same people are involved, I could see them being inclined to use silver sedans (with plates switched) because they are so plentiful and non-descript.

Again, this is JMHO and I'm trying not to have tunnel vision in my theories about the case. But I sure would like the MPD to find these two carjackers and their drop-off person and see if they have an alibi for Apr. 18.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...ht-off-two-suspects-in-armed-carjacking.html/

I cottoned on to that case a few weeks ago when the SWFA stills came out. It does all seem like a strange coincidence, as does the whole Slaughter / stolen gun shenanigans.

Hmmmm. I hope the police's silence means that either the case is WAY bigger than "just" a murder, or that members of LE are intrinsically linked somehow and the investigation is therefore very delicate and more secretive than usual.

I'm just shaking my head that we're on thread #31, madness. :shakehead:

Quick poll results from end of June

LE know who did it 31
LE do not know who did it 24
Killer is male 36
Killer is female 14
Missy targeted for personal reasons 51
Missy targeted for other reasons 4
Missy interrupted a burglary 3

My theories for July

LE do not know who did it.
Killer is male
Missy targeted for (I'm not sure how this should be classified whether considered personal or other). It is my belief that Missy was targeted because she accidently stumbled on information related to criminal activities & thus became a threat.

After the latest news articles that say MPD do not have a suspect, and the weekly updates from them are done, and that things in the investigation are slowing down, I don't think this is a case of 'they know who did it they're just gathering more evidence and an arrest will follow soon'. I certainly hoped it was such a case but I no longer think that is so.

ETA I also think SP is male.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

My theories for July

LE do not know who did it.
Killer is male
Missy targeted for (I'm not sure how this should be classified whether considered personal or other). It is my belief that Missy was targeted because she accidently stumbled on information related to criminal activities & thus became a threat.

That would come under "other reasons" - I think I said either drugs, guns or nefarious business activities.

This excerpt caught my attention (http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20160705/bevers-case-ongoing ):

“We have some investigative efforts planned for next week, but it is accurate to say that we still do not have a specific suspect,” said assistant police chief Kevin Johnson.​
After the investigators’ initial push for the public’s help reviewing the security footage and the thousands of tips that flowed in from around the country, he said investigators are content with a lower profile investigation and will seek the public’s help if needed in the future."

BBM

Does this mean they have a good lead now?​

This excerpt caught my attention (http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20160705/bevers-case-ongoing ):
“We have some investigative efforts planned for next week, but it is accurate to say that we still do not have a specific suspect,” said assistant police chief Kevin Johnson.​
After the investigators’ initial push for the public’s help reviewing the security footage and the thousands of tips that flowed in from around the country, he said investigators are content with a lower profile investigation and will seek the public’s help if needed in the future."

BBM

Does this mean they have a good lead now?​

I am staying in the 'they know who did it' camp. Proving is another matter. Although I currently believe it is a woman unsub I do admit to wondering if a male is more likely. The fact they are trying to dampen and are not looking for input gives me the notion that they are working on the final bits of the spiders web that this case is...jmo..

I am staying in the 'they know who did it' camp. Proving is another matter. Although I currently believe it is a woman unsub I do admit to wondering if a male is more likely. The fact they are trying to dampen and are not looking for input gives me the notion that they are working on the final bits of the spiders web that this case is...jmo..

I get this sense as well, but I don't think that naming a suspect is imminent. I have resigned myself to the fact that it will probably be several months before we have any new information. Given that LE and the FBI have not asked for any additional information or increased the reward, I am also hopeful that they have a suspect(s) in their sight. Justice for Missy.

ETA - Does anyone have any thoughts on the new MB stories that were released over the weekend? It seems like it had been forever since we had heard anything, and we had new MB stories from a few different outlets. And KS has another interview.

In the Jeffcoat case, which is also subject to the specifics of Texas jurisprudence, LE really only had the obvious suspects, the stepfather and mother. Holli was found murdered in early February, but it took 5 months for the grand jury to return indictments for capital murder just last week July, for that possibly death penalty case. There is a short thread here at WS on Holli's case if you want to read it. I was just impressed by the specifics in her case that were plainly obvious, yet it took 5 months. MB's case is more difficult with the unknown SP unsub and potential for other players of some kind, and it could also be a death penalty case. I would rather LE take their time and nail down the case, if that's what it takes.

just a reminder:

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

<some snipage>
ETA - Does anyone have any thoughts on the new MB stories that were released over the weekend? It seems like it had been forever since we had heard anything, and we had new MB stories from a few different outlets. And KS has another interview.

Yes, the Waxahatchie (sp?) paper had something I thought was interesting which was basically 'don't call us, we'll call you' message..I take that to mean that we shouldn't muddy their investigation at this sensitive (my words not theirs) time..I have high hopes now that justice for Missy is on the horizon. Edit: I'm not a subscriber so I have a limited number of times I can view the article in question

Nothing new or of much interest in this from yesterday, but it did remind me of a question I have had. Why did LE document one of the search warrants as stating they thought the SP had a cell phone? Have they confirmed they have seen video footage of him using it at some point?

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Missy-Bevers_Dallas-Fort-Worth-385464701.html

I have wondered about this myself. IIRC, LE also said that in addition to being used to film the assault that the cell phone was used to contact another person around the time of MB's death. I wonder if they have video of SP on a phone. We have only seen a small portion of the video that LE has at their disposable. If LE viewed SP on a cell phone, LE knows that there is at least one accomplice.

I have wondered about this myself. IIRC, LE also said that in addition to being used to film the assault that the cell phone was used to contact another person around the time of MB's death. I wonder if they have video of SP on a phone. We have only seen a small portion of the video that LE has at their disposable. If this is the case, LE knows that there is at least one accomplice.

Yes, I had forgotten about that comment as well. Someone posted that portion of the SW recently and all of the specifics noted just seemed odd. Calls, video taping the murder, using GPS, using maps. Either they had seen video of SW using the phone several times, or they were just throwing out every possible way a phone 'could' be used in to the search warrant to cover their bases should one turn up....

Yes, the Waxahatchie (sp?) paper had something I thought was interesting which was basically 'don't call us, we'll call you' message..I take that to mean that we shouldn't muddy their investigation at this sensitive (my words not theirs) time..I have high hopes now that justice for Missy is on the horizon. Edit: I'm not a subscriber so I have a limited number of times I can view the article in question

That "news" paper is not helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member