Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Dallas Police 'Ambush': 12 Officers Shot, 5 Killed During Protest
by F. BRINLEY BRUTON , ALEXANDER SMITH, ELIZABETH CHUCK and PHIL HELSEL
JUL 8 2016

160708-dallas-shooting-mbe-146p-2_ebc9a2aa7bb2e5763010a2b9d710b663.nbcnews-ux-600-480.jpg

A suspect who was killed by police after snipers shot 12 Dallas officers, five fatally, "wanted to kill white people, especially white officers," police chief David Brown said.

The man was killed after authorities cornered him in a garage at El Centro Community College. After several hours of negotiations, lasting into the early hours of Friday morning, officials exchanged gunfire with the suspect and "saw no other option" but to kill him by detonating a bomb, Brown said.

"Other options would have exposed our officers to grave danger," he said.

Brown said the suspect, who he would not identify, told a hostage negotiator that he was upset about the Black Lives Matter movement and the recent police shootings of black men elsewhere in the U.S.

"The suspect stated he wanted to kill white people, especially white officers," Brown said. "The suspect stated that he was not affiliated with any groups and he stated that he did this alone."

Dallas shooting victims: Who are the slain officers?
POSTED 12:13 PM, JULY 8, 2016, BY CNN WIRE

victims.jpg

Top (left to right): Brent Thompson and Patrick Zamarripa | Bottom (left to right): Michael Krol, Lorne Ahrens and Michael Smith | (All photos from the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund)

Thread #1

Jul 9 2016, 7:30 pm ET

Dallas Police on Alert After Threat Against Law Enforcement

by Phil Helsel

The Dallas Police Department stepped up security Saturday after an anonymous threat was made against law enforcement officers in the city, the department said.

Officers with body armor and long guns were seen outside Dallas police headquarters shortly after 5 p.m. local time. Police did not disclose the nature of the threat or how it was made. NBC Dallas-Fort Worth described it as a phone threat.

The threat was made two days after a lone gunman opened fire on police at a protest rally, killing five officers, in an attack that ambush that targeted law enforcement. Seven other officers and two civilians were wounded...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/dallas-police-alert-after-threat-against-law-enforcement-n606551

Guy in garage, who shouldn't be there.

A detective saw the guy in the parking garage. He tried to talk to the guy, asked him what he was doing there, the guy did not respond and ran to a stairwell. The detective sounded the alarm. - Rebecca Lopez WFAA

FYI - ONLY Police officers are allowed in the garage. It is directly attached to the DPD building.

Dallas Police Depart ‏@DallasPD · 7s8 seconds ago

Officers are planning to breach a lock door in the garage with a shotgun.

He may have escaped from garage.

They are getting ready to breach a locked door at the garage.

Now sources are saying to Rebecca that the suspicious guy may have escaped. Now being told that SWAT is getting to breech some door in the parking lot with weaponry.

Hmm, could it be they have brought out the robot bomber?

If I heard correctly there are two separate threats. The man in the garage and a phone threat.

Anything going on downstairs?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dallas Police Depart ‏@DallasPD · 48s48 seconds ago

Officers are ordering reporter to move back because they are making it very difficult for them to do their jobs.

Well, in attempt to refresh to see if WFAA would show me video, I have lost the whole dadgum thang. I think that's a Texas saying. So, you are all on your own.

I haven't heard anything new that isn't posted here, but I'm in the bath, so glad we have so many people with eyes on this here to keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine