Civil Rights pioneer, Rosa Parks, is dead

Mabel said:
I think God has a special place for her in heaven, right up in front.

Click on Detroit

Beautifully said, Mabel, beautifully said!!

May God be with her family and friends at this sad time.

I'd like to commend Mrs. Parks for her courage.

Over here in Europe, I think she must have been the first female American person I have heard about in history class and ever since, remembered her name.

I can still recall how we learned about what she did on the bus in fourth grade...it was in music class and we learned a song about segregation.

So....here are my condolences from over here. I'd like to finish by saying that all men and women are alike, regardless of color, race, religion etc.

Wuschel

RIP Rosa!!! Your bravery changed the world. :blowkiss:

A truly brave and wonderful woman is now with our Lord --- R.I.P. Mrs.Parks and thank you for your contribution to our Country's History!!!

God Bless her sweet soul. :angel: Heaven has a new angel. :angel: What a remarkable woman she was with such a legacy to leave behind. Prayers for her family and friends.

SieSie said:
Beautifully said, Mabel, beautifully said!!

May God be with her family and friends at this sad time.

Absolutely was Mabel. Just beautiful. Can you imagine what stories she had to pass down to her children, grandchildren and beyond? I just love hearing wonderful stories from past generations. In the jury room, there's a thread asking why each of us was here. How lucky Ms. Parks was to have been able to answer that question.

I'm watching Rosa's memorial service right now on CNN. Really beautiful tributes - Oprah gave a really nice one; huge huge number of people there.

It's showing pictures of her through her life; wow, I didn't realize she was such a beautiful woman.

People Magazine also has a good story on her this week, that also refreshed some of my memory.

Thanks to Rosa-- In this day and age it's no longer "get off the bus, Rosa" it's "Pick your seat, sweetie.. any seat you want."

God Bless you and keep you, Ms. Rosa Parks. You were an amazing woman!

R.I.P.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77