CA CA - Donel Jacoby Minor, 2 mos, Inglewood, 20 Dec 1984

What a strange case...Did that unidentified guy even exist? If yes, was it human trafficking? A pedophile himself?

Donel has been missing for awfully long 32 years this month. I hope he is a 32 y/o man now, living a happy life somewhere out there.

Maybe he never got older than 2 months though...I don't know, I tend to question the existence of this abductor in this case...

Includes age progression:
http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/603368/1

It does seem rather odd that a stranger could come into a come & leave with a sleeping baby never to be seen again. ( in the time it takes to grab a drink of water? )
Having said that, the mother DID pass a polygraph, FWIW. Not sure how easy THAT would be..however, I think it's worth noting;)

Reposting Donel's pictures

Attachments

• minor_donel.jpg
    minor_donel.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 11
  • minor_donel_ap.jpg
    minor_donel_ap.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 12
New age progression

Attachments

• NCMC603368e1.jpg
    NCMC603368e1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 4
Updated Charley Project link: http://charleyproject.org/case/donel-jacoby-minor

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Donel was abducted from his mother's apartment in Inglewood, California on December 20, 1984. His mother, Deanna L. Trammel, had previously had a photographic portrait made of the baby. An unidentified Caucasian male arrived at their house on December 20, claiming to have the photos in his black briefcase.

Trammel let him inside; Donel was asleep at the time. While he was there, the man asked for a drink of water and Trammel left the room to get him one. When she returned, both Donel and the man were gone. No ransom note or any other clues were left behind, and neither Donel not the suspect has ever been seen again.

The man, whose sketch is posted with this case summary, was approximately 6'0 and had brown hair, a mustache and a thin build. The abductor was wearing a long-sleeved white dress shirt, a dark tie and dark-colored trousers. He has never been identified.

Several area portrait businesses had sent salespeople door to door offering to make and sell holiday portraits, but none of them could be linked to Donel's abduction. His mother passed a polygraph in relation to the case. Donel's case remains unsolved.

Bumping for Donel who went missing 36 years ago today. I can believe this kind of story, even in the 80's and earlier decades I happened. There were cunning pedophiles and child sex trafficking even back then. Mother passed a polygraph. I wonder what search efforts were undertaken-bet more than one person was involved. I wonder if other child abductions had the ruse of photograph taking-then bringing portrait over the house?

Bumping for Donel who went missing 36 years ago today. I can believe this kind of story, even in the 80's and earlier decades I happened. There were cunning pedophiles and child sex trafficking even back then. Mother passed a polygraph. I wonder what search efforts were undertaken-bet more than one person was involved. I wonder if other child abductions had the ruse of photograph taking-then bringing portrait over the house?
I would imagine if that was the case it would have been publicized. Don't let photographers into your house! Kidnappers are posing as photographers!
If this story is true, my mind keeps going to this guy looking for a baby for someone who was willing to pay money. He took pictures and showed them to the person until he found the perfect, desired baby, and then when he was "delivering" the pictures committed the kidnapping instead. Did anyone else in the neighborhood report this man coming to their home?

I have the impression that he was kidnapped and the person who did it had a 2 month old son who died of sids or something. His son was never reported missing and they opted to kidnap a baby to replace his son or to sell him abroad or to some African American... He would have no problem getting an SSN since he assumed the identity of the son who died (he is not that he knew)
Is that likely what happened? No. But it is a possible explanation of what could have happened...
It is very possible that he is still alive and with another family without really knowing what happened to him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back