CO - Man & woman for raping 2 of their children, Denver, 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A woman who said she was forced to aid her husband in his rapes of two of their children was sentenced Monday to 110 years to life for her role in the crimes.

The victims of the rapes were her son, now 18, and one of the couple's daughters, now 10. The Denver Post is withholding the parents' names to protect the children's identities.

The woman, 40, said her husband repeatedly told her that if she and the children left, he'd kill all three of them.

But Denver District Judge Herbert Stern told her Monday that she had a duty to leave.

"I think you are the victim of horrific domestic violence, but I don't think it absolves your responsibility to protect your children and yourself," Stern said.
http://denverpost.com/news/ci_3148447

I'm sick after reading this!!! What is wrong with people?? They both should have gotten the death penalty! I would kill someone before I let anyone hurt my children!!!

Didn't the guy ever go to sleep??? The beyotch could have killed him in his sleep and wouldn't have served too much time in prison. That would have protected her children. I'm sorry, but as mothers, we're supposed to give our lives to protect our children if that's what it comes down to. This woman was just as guilty as the father for this abuse.

Good! I like this judge!

Jeana (DP) said:
Didn't the guy ever go to sleep??? The beyotch could have killed him in his sleep and wouldn't have served too much time in prison. That would have protected her children. I'm sorry, but as mothers, we're supposed to give our lives to protect our children if that's what it comes down to. This woman was just as guilty as the father for this abuse.

You are so right, Jeana!

Unless she and the kids were being held prisoner, it only takes walking into a police station and telling them what's happening. Dad would be arrested or mom and the kids would be taken to a shelter in a secret location. At least that's the way it happens here.

Mabel said:
Unless she and the kids were being help prisoner, it only takes walking into a police station and telling them what's happening. Dad would be arrested or mom and the kids would be taken to a shelter in a secret location. At least that's the way it happens here.

Your damn right Mabel.

Jeana (DP) said:
I just read the story and was searching for any earlier posts on the story. I would have done the burning bed thing to get rid of him. Even if he survived the fire he'd live the rest of his life in pain. If I went to prison after the trial when everything came out about what he did to my kids, well so be it, my kids would be safe. I just can't for the life of me figure out how a woman can lose so much self esteem, self respect, and maternal instinct to let monsters like that b*stard hurt their children! I can't think of one person I fear when it comes to protecting my kids.

We have a thread somewhere on this woman, but I was unable to find it. If I remember correctly, the 18 year old boy wanted lienency for his mother. He stated she was forced to do what she did. Said they were locked in by him all the time.
But when I read that she not only made him up to look like a girl, she led the kids to him, then LAID DOWN BESIDE THEM while they were being raped, then that did it for me.
I don't care how many locks there were on the door, I would have found some way to kill him myself!

mysteriew said:
We have a thread somewhere on this woman, but I was unable to find it. If I remember correctly, the 18 year old boy wanted lienency for his mother. He stated she was forced to do what she did. Said they were locked in by him all the time.
But when I read that she not only made him up to look like a girl, she led the kids to him, then LAID DOWN BESIDE THEM while they were being raped, then that did it for me.
OMG!!!! That makes me want to throw up! A man could never kick my *ss bad enough to make me do THAT!!!!

I agree. She could have done something. When my daughter was an infant I was in an abusive marriage. I was left at home, after being abused, with no phone or vehicle. Although I was in fear of my own life if I told the police, nothing was going to stop me from getting me and my daughter out of there. We left when he went to work and I went straight the the police station. I apologize if this offends anyone, but his a$$ would have been 6ft under long before he had the chance to do this to a second child.

rachrach99 said:
I agree. She could have done something. When my daughter was an infant I was in an abusive marriage. I was left at home, after being abused, with no phone or vehicle. Although I was in fear of my own life if I told the police, nothing was going to stop me from getting me and my daughter out of there. We left when he went to work and I went straight the the police station. I apologize if this offends anyone, but his a$$ would have been 6ft under long before he had the chance to do this to a second child.
Brave woman and I applaud you!:clap: :clap:
At least you had the sense to get out before things escalated and you had to kill him.

I can't believe mother could let someone do this to her children. I would kill/die for my children and no SOB would even be allowed to think thoughts like that, much less go through with them. Those poor children, I am actually sick to my stomach after reading this. She should spend the rest of her life in prison and the husband should be put under the dang prison.

rachrach99 said:

Yeah, that is another good point. He didn't just do this once, he did it regularly over at least a decade, and 2 kids! She had to have gone someplace, or talked to someone in that time period. And she had plenty of opportunity to catch him sleeping.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back