Found Deceased Denmark - Emilie Meng, 17, Korsor, 10 July 2016 *arrest*

In case anyone is interested in the US or other countries, I can give updates in the investigation. I live in a neighbor country of Denmark and understand the language enough to translate.

Right now the police are holding their information a secret. Emilie was found 37 miles away from where she was last seen and that's the big question. How did she end up so far? Did the murderer know where to take her, or was it a coincidence? The neighbors of the area where she was located says that it must have been someone who knows the area well, because random people wouldn't be able to find this spot.

Also posted in this thread..
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?327333-Iceland-Birna-Brj%E1nsd%F3ttir-20-Reykjav%EDk-14-Jan-2017-*Arrests*&p=13092177#post13092177
[h=2]Iceland - Birna Brjánsdóttir, 20, Reykjavík, 14 Jan 2017 *Arrests*[/h]

http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/n...explored_a_possible_link_to_disappearance_in/
The Icelandic police have looked into a possible link between the]murder of Birna Brjánsdóttir and a disappearance in Denmark last year. A 17 year old Danish girl called Emile Meng disappeared from the small town Korsør in Denmark. On the evening of 10 July she went out partying in the neighbouring town Slagelse. She decided to walk home from the train station on her way back, said goodbye to her friends and disappeared. This is similar to Birna’s case, as she went missing from downtown Reykjavik after a concert.

In case anyone is interested in the US or other countries, I can give updates in the investigation. I live in a neighbor country of Denmark and understand the language enough to translate.

Right now the police are holding their information a secret. Emilie was found 37 miles away from where she was last seen and that's the big question. How did she end up so far? Did the murderer know where to take her, or was it a coincidence? The neighbors of the area where she was located says that it must have been someone who knows the area well, because random people wouldn't be able to find this spot.

Thank you Melo for keeping this thread updated - I just heard about Emilie via Birna's thread. Two beautiful girls taken from this life too soon. Terribly sad.

Still no update. As far as we know, no suspects, no motive or anything. My heart goes out to her family :(

Most recent police announced was on June 20, where they called for a light car, probably one Hyundai i30.

The car can be - from a distance - seen running into the station in Korsor pm. 4:07 that morning when Emilie Meng disappeared. Emilie Meng was last seen on the station's surveillance videos at. 04 that morning.

https://www.b.dk/nationalt/et-aar-e...n-erfaringen-viser-at-gerningsmanden-har-brug

In surveillance videos from Korsor station, you can see a car that runs from the parking lot and around the station about the time the teenage girl was last seen there. The video shows a light passenger car, which most likely is the brand Hyundai I30, model 2011-2016, hatchback - or a car very similar to it. The car can be seen running from the parking lot and around the station at 4:07 July 10, 2016.

http://www.bt.dk/krimi/politiet-om-emilie-meng-sagen-vi-faar-henvendelser-om-konkrete-personer-2

17618484-ergtrh.jpg

New information in this case:

A witness has finally stood forward claiming she saw a light coloured/whiteish small/medium car and a person standing by an open trunk while trying to lift something heavy in the same area that Emilie Meng was found five months later. The witness claims she saw it the same day Emilie disappeared (couple of hours after).

https://www.bt.dk/krimi/nye-oplysninger-i-emilie-meng-sagen-vigtigt-vidne-har-meldt-sig

One year ago today, Emilie Meng was found dead. So far police have no answers to what happened and who did it..

Hi Melo, I live in Denmark and we have approximately 50 murdercases per year and almost everyone are solved.
In 9 out 10 cases the victim and perpetrator are related to each other in some way.

There has been three murdercases these past years that has left Denmark in a state of confusion and disbelief.
Emilie Meng, 17 years old
Louise Borglit and her unborn babyboy (8 mth pregnant) 32 yrs
and finally Kim Wall, 30

We know that Kim Wall died on a submarine and was dismembered and thrown in the sea afterwards by Peter Madsen. He has admitted to dismembering her body, but still claims that she died by accident. The case is in court now and the sentence will be given at april 25.

The other two cases are still cold, but the Police and forensic team are still working on the cases.
People from all over Denmark has been looking for Emilie from her disappearing and they have done an enormous effort to find her.

Hi Melo, I live in Denmark and we have approximately 50 murdercases per year and almost everyone are solved.
In 9 out 10 cases the victim and perpetrator are related to each other in some way.

There has been three murdercases these past years that has left Denmark in a state of confusion and disbelief.
and finally Kim Wall, 30

We know that Kim Wall died on a submarine and was dismembered and thrown in the sea afterwards by Peter Madsen. He has admitted to dismembering her body, but still claims that she died by accident. The case is in court now and the sentence will be given at april 25.

The other two cases are still cold, but the Police and forensic team are still working on the cases.
People from all over Denmark has been looking for Emilie from her disappearing and they have done an enormous effort to find her.

Welcome to Ws Kiu, delighted you joined us here!
:welcome:

and finally Kim Wall, 30

Welcome,

Here's a link to Kims Wall's thread if you're interested. But I imagine it will be quiet until the next court date (23rd April?).

and finally Kim Wall, 30

Hi Kiu.

I live in Scandinavia and have followed this case with a lot of interest because usually the crime stats are similar in our countries.

It has now been over two years since she disappeared. Police still searching for answers:
Emilie Meng forsvandt for to år siden

A man is still charged with the murder of Emilie who has recently been convicted of raping a 9 year old and who previously raped a 12 year old. I am not 100% sure what evidence they have against him, but his lawyer is trying to use the gps from his truck as an alibi.

Mand sigtet for voldtægt af ni-årig også sigtet i Emilie Meng-sagen

34-årig også anholdt og sigtet for Emilie Meng-drabet

Translated:

A man convicted of rape of a nine-year-old girl from Vinderup was also been arrested and charged with the killing of Emilie Meng.

Emilie Meng disappeared on July 10, 2016 and was found dead. She disappeared after a town trip in Slagelse with some girlfriends. A while later, the 34-year-old man, who lived in South Jutland, then became a truck driver and was arrested and charged with the killing. However, he was released again after the police had checked the man's vehicle (and thought the GPS excluded him)

- The police have not waived the charges according to BT.

If any locals can clarify this for us that would be great!

I have every trust in the Danish LE and am not able to sleuth this case, but would like to know how it turns out.

A man is still charged with the murder of Emilie who has recently been convicted of raping a 9 year old and who previously raped a 12 year old. I am not 100% sure what evidence they have against him, but his lawyer is trying to use the gps from his truck as an alibi.

Translated:

A man convicted of rape of a nine-year-old girl from Vinderup was also been arrested and charged with the killing of Emilie Meng.

Emilie Meng disappeared on July 10, 2016 and was found dead. She disappeared after a town trip in Slagelse with some girlfriends. A while later, the 34-year-old man, who lived in South Jutland, then became a truck driver and was arrested and charged with the killing. However, he was released again after the police had checked the man's vehicle (and thought the GPS excluded him)

I have every trust in the Danish LE and am not able to sleuth this case, but would like to know how it turns out.

"truck driver"

:eek::eek::eek:

I hope they start looking at other unsolved cases where he may have been...

Translated:

Yeah this is true. His lawyer said he expects the charge to be dropped, but so far police haven't dropped their charge against him although his GPS said he was elsewhere the night she disappeared.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k
Back