Schiller Plans New Documentary for Court TV

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Lawrance Schiller is planning a new Documentary on the Ramsey case for Court TV.

This documentary will focus on the first 30 days of the case and the "mistakes" made.

I don't have much hope. Granted this isn't Michael Tracey, but I don't trust Schiller either.

It's all about money.

At least it will bring the case back into the media, which is better than what we have now. Do you know when this will air?

Tricia said:
Lawrance Schiller is planning a new Documentary on the Ramsey case for Court TV.

This documentary will focus on the first 30 days of the case and the "mistakes" made.

I don't have much hope. Granted this isn't Michael Tracey, but I don't trust Schiller either.

It's all about money.

Will that be the Ramsey mistakes ?

Also Steve Thomas stated in his book that Lawrence Schiller had access to his official police reports.

UKGuy said:
Will that be the Ramsey mistakes ?

Also Steve Thomas stated in his book that Lawrence Schiller had access to his official police reports.

Schiller is NOT pro-Ramsey. We can tell that by reading PMPT.

Schiller has admitted to many mistakes in PMPT. What they are I don't know.

UKGuy, you make it sound like Thomas GAVE Schiller access to his files. Nothing could be futher from the truth. In his book Thomas says he was angry because information he had given Alex Hunter was somehow getting to Schiller. Big difference.

I just hope Schiller really tells the truth. If he does then maybe, for the first time in a long time, everyone will see the Ramseys ARE NOT innocent. Period.

I just hope a modicum of truth is exposed and the perps will be exposed in some way. Personally, I don't have an issue as I feel I know what happened to a degree. I would like JBR to have her life recognized for the fact that she lived and she did what she was told and she had every expection to have babies and meet her future husband and be herself without any provocation from sick perverts. I know, too much, but this is what I hoped. So, this is my stance on this case.

Tricia said:
Schiller is NOT pro-Ramsey. We can tell that by reading PMPT.
Pro-Ramsey or Anti-Ramsey. Are these the only two choices? How about pro-JonBenet? Anti-Childkiller? Pro-justice, Anti-criminal?

I'm pro local (A local didn't do it). Several people, including the R's have been suspected mostly due to their proximity and nothing more. The undue and unsupported suspicion of locals and especially those in social proximity is a fact as plain as day. It flies in the face of evidence that clearly indicates a foreign involvement. The perp admitted there was a foreign involvement, but many casually dismiss the idea as a lie. Just how casual do you want to be with the remarks made by JBR's killer?

You can't just go from an ethics argument on child beauty pageants to sadistic child murder. There's no connection there.

Tricia said:

It's all about money.

Tricia,

I have to agree with you about the money.
Why would Schiller be writing a book now,after so many years.Things must be slow for him,and he has to recoup his bank accounts somehow.

But I also agree,that at least hopefully, it will bring the case back into the mainstream.

I just hope that the person or people that killed this poor baby are brought to justice!!

The perp admitted there was a foreign involvement, but many casually dismiss the idea as a lie. Just how casual do you want to be with the remarks made by JBR's killer?
LOL! Oh yes,the perp mentioned foreign "involvement" alright. I believe the exact words were "a small foreign faction". How many were in this "small foreign faction" that everyone would be happy with their "small" cut from the meager $110,000.00 they asked for in the ransom note? It seems a tad more likely to me that (1) a foreign faction wouldn't announce itself (since I've never heard of one doing that before), and (2) if it was a foreign faction, they would have asked for enough money to actually do them some good.

And obviously it wasn't the smartest "small foreign faction" around or they may have remembered to take the hostage with them when they left their ransom note. It sure seems like if these foreigners had the time to sit around composing such a lengthy ransom note that they surely could have collected their thoughts enough to remember their hostage.

HeartofTexas said:
And obviously it wasn't the smartest "small foreign faction" around or they may have remembered to take the hostage with them when they left their ransom note. It sure seems like if these foreigners had the time to sit around composing such a lengthy ransom note that they surely could have collected their thoughts enough to remember their hostage.
Uh, I'm not sure I'd go with the "wasn't the smartest" argument. After all, the perp knows how to tie a garrote, can use 'attache' in a sentence, and knows how to sexually assault, strangle, and headbash a child in her own home. And get away with it.

Holdontoyourhat said:
"You can't just go from an ethics argument on child beauty pageants to sadistic child murder. There's no connection there."

Good Point in this quote. Evidently someone's perverting Biblical ethics statements, for instance implying that Psalm 118's "bind the sacrifice" means HUMAN sacrifice, as it certainly does NOT say.

After all, the perp knows how to tie a garrote, can use 'attache' in a sentence, and knows how to sexually assault, strangle, and headbash a child in her own home.
Oddly, I don't equate the above skills with being smart but instead with being a pervert and a criminal, with the exception of knowing how to use the word "attache", which I guess I would equate with a perverted criminal with a good vocabulary.

Holdontoyourhat said:
Just how casual do you want to be with the remarks made by JBR's killer?

Considering 'they' said they would call and then didn't.....

Considering 'they' said they had kidnapped her and then really hadn't......

Hmm......pretty casual. Especially since Patsy could not be eliminated as the writer.

Brefie said:

Hmm......pretty casual. Especially since Patsy could not be eliminated as the writer.
Bre!!! Quit beating that dead horse. It is useless! LOL. :blowkiss:Some will never hear the voice of reason. I hope you are having a wonderful day. :D Pssssssst....you know that I agree with you.

Brefie said:

a kidnapping that went bad. Just because they weren't successful and something set them (or him) off in the basement, doesn't mean the motive wasn't kidnapping for ransom and the perp blew it because he was an amateur and hadn't really planned on how he would get JBR out of the house. According to published statistics, the first 20 minutes are the most crucial---it's a time when the victim can get away---or a time when they might be killed due to adrenaline and panic on the part of the perp. I think that's all there was to it...a kidnapping gone bad. Perhaps some sick pedophile, but there was nothing mentioned about JBR and beauty pageants in the note....no additional adjectives describing JBR--nothing except "your daughter." I don't think he even knew her name.

That much quoted statement about Patsy not being eliminated, was a play on words by Steve Thomas, and Dan Abrams questioned him on his show about the statement. The actual statement was something to the effect that out of 70 some people's handwriting (I don't believe they got samples from that many) that were looked at---and of the people that were in the house that night, only Patsy Ramsey could not be eliminated. In other words, it doesn't mean that no one else was eliminated by handwriting alone--in fact there's some people that had handwriting that was a closer match---but looking at the known people that were in the house that night, only Patsy could not be eliminated. And hers was way down on the scale--4.5, on a scale of l to 5, with l being closely matches. Steve Thomas was a master of double-talk.

I thought he had put the Ramsey case behind him---interesting he's going to to talk about the first month. Let's see Ellers was in charge--after all these years, Ellers has never discussed the case once he left. At least not publically. I had heard there was scuttlebutt in law enforcement circles that Ellers wanted to be the hero to the Ramseys---afterall, John Ramsey was the CEO of the largest employer on Pearl Street. We know now, JR's status in Boulder was one of the reasons they weren't treated as suspects in the beginning. I suppose once the Ramsey's lawyered-up, it was a slap in the face to the BPD. So, perhaps more on Ellers?

Then you have the stun gun marks--a big mistake that they were missed.

Then you have Linda Hoffman-Pugh. Schiller hired her to be his housekeeper while writing his book. Maybe more on her?

Otherwise, the documentary may not offer anything new that most of us that have followed the case don't already know. And, I do think Schiller was a borgie, based on some comments he made on various TV programs.

The ransom note is evidence. The words in it form an unverified claim by (hopefully) a future defendant. A defendant's unsupported claims before or after the fact are not evidence that establishes or proves anything unless they form an "admission against interest", a confession for example. Accordingly, an accused's unverified alibi or claim of innocence, is not evidence of innocence, even if written, given to the police, or left at the crime scene. And if a note left by a perp at a crime scene says that he is white and 6 feet tall, that can not be construed as "evidence" to exculpate a 5' 8'' black defendant, or incriminate someone who fits. Leaving a note saying you're "white & 6' tall" or "we're a small foreign faction" is simply a peculiar claim, not evidence of the perp's characteristics. Only validation can make such a claim evidence.

There is a recurring fiction here that the note itself is evidence that a "foreign faction" was involved. This needs to be understood for what it is...as shown above, letting the killer choose his own "evidence" for you...that is, if you're gullible enough to buy in. This is not opinion but simply what constitutes evidence. It is possible that there could be a foreign faction, but that possibility has no preference under intuitive or evidenciary considerations to the likelihood the note is a diversion. In fact, the presumption that the guilty would typically not reveal actual facts and clues to their identity makes it less likely. No evidence at all has been revealed that implicates a foreign faction, but it's clear that the real killer(s) would like us to think there's a foreign faction. Our task is to reason why.

I've just learned about Schiller hiring Linda as his housekeeper. What a cheap shot to try to get some inside skinny for his book!
"

Lacy Wood said:
The ransom note is evidence. The words in it form an unverified claim by (hopefully) a future defendant. A defendant's unsupported claims before or after the fact are not evidence that establishes or proves anything unless they form an "admission against interest", a confession for example. Accordingly, an accused's unverified alibi or claim of innocence, is not evidence of innocence, even if written, given to the police, or left at the crime scene. And if a note left by a perp at a crime scene says that he is white and 6 feet tall, that can not be construed as "evidence" to exculpate a 5' 8'' black defendant, or incriminate someone who fits. Leaving a note saying you're "white & 6' tall" or "we're a small foreign faction" is simply a peculiar claim, not evidence of the perp's characteristics. Only validation can make such a claim evidence.

There is a recurring fiction here that the note itself is evidence that a "foreign faction" was involved. This needs to be understood for what it is...as shown above, letting the killer choose his own "evidence" for you...that is, if you're gullible enough to buy in. This is not opinion but simply what constitutes evidence. It is possible that there could be a foreign faction, but that possibility has no preference under intuitive or evidenciary considerations to the likelihood the note is a diversion. In fact, the presumption that the guilty would typically not reveal actual facts and clues to their identity makes it less likely. No evidence at all has been revealed that implicates a foreign faction, but it's clear that the real killer(s) would like us to think there's a foreign faction. Our task is to reason why.

Since I have never doubted Patsy wrote the note I have always wondered why she chose the foreign faction route. It makes me wonder what was going on in the world and in particular in the news when all this happened. Were there any foreign factions or news stories about anything like that in December 1996?

Maikai said:
a kidnapping that went bad. Just because they weren't successful and something set them (or him) off in the basement, doesn't mean the motive wasn't kidnapping for ransom and the perp blew it because he was an amateur and hadn't really planned on how he would get JBR out of the house. According to published statistics, the first 20 minutes are the most crucial---it's a time when the victim can get away---or a time when they might be killed due to adrenaline and panic on the part of the perp. I think that's all there was to it...a kidnapping gone bad. Perhaps some sick pedophile, but there was nothing mentioned about JBR and beauty pageants in the note....no additional adjectives describing JBR--nothing except "your daughter." I don't think he even knew her name.

That much quoted statement about Patsy not being eliminated, was a play on words by Steve Thomas, and Dan Abrams questioned him on his show about the statement. The actual statement was something to the effect that out of 70 some people's handwriting (I don't believe they got samples from that many) that were looked at---and of the people that were in the house that night, only Patsy Ramsey could not be eliminated. In other words, it doesn't mean that no one else was eliminated by handwriting alone--in fact there's some people that had handwriting that was a closer match---but looking at the known people that were in the house that night, only Patsy could not be eliminated. And hers was way down on the scale--4.5, on a scale of l to 5, with l being closely matches. Steve Thomas was a master of double-talk.

I am not saying it wasn't a kidnapping gone bad, I don't believe it for a second, but nobody - but for the Ramseys - know for sure. My whole point is the contents of the RN is not evidence of ANYTHING! Nothing from it can be taken as fact, for just the reasons I pointed out.

DD - I hear ya!! LOL

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021