Early release for Phillip Garrido?

SeesSeas

FLORIDIAN
Reaction score
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...could-be-eligible-for-parole-400-years-early/
Jaycee Dugard’s Kidnapper Could Be Eligible For Parole 400 Years Early
July 16, 2016 9:10 PM
SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) — The man convicted of kidnapping Jaycee Dugard could be eligible for release 400 years early. […]
[Phillip] Garrido was sentenced to 431 years behind bars but under California’s ‘Elderly Parole Program’ state prisoners who are 60 or older and have served at least 25 years, are eligible for parole hearings. […]

He has a ways to fo go for 25 years.

He may be technically eligible, but I highly doubt it would be granted.

http://www.edcgov.us/Government/ELD...rt_2_-_Phillip_Garrido___Sexual_Predator.aspx
County of El Dorado
Department: District Attorney
Date: July 15, 2016
The Abduction of Jaycee Lee Dugard; Part 2 - Phillip Garrido: Sexual Predator
Coming Soon To A Street Near You . .
Phillip Garrido – now eligible for release over 400 years early.
[…]
However, on May 25, 2016, the El Dorado County District Attorney’s Office was given notice by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) that Phillip Garrido was now eligible for parole on August 26, 2034. How is this possible?
It is possible due to the misguided efforts of Governor Brown and the California Legislature along with their apparent desire to release more and more prisoners back to the streets of our communities. The little known law that allows Phillip Garrido to reduce his sentence by 406 years is called the “Elderly Parole Program.” Thus, Phillip Garrido could be back on the streets of California after only serving 18 more years of a 431 to life sentence. The efforts of Governor Brown and the California Legislature are not limited to only helping provide for the early release of offenders like Phillip Garrido.
[…]

He will be 80 or close to that. Let him live in a cardboard box under the freeway . That way people do not have to pay for his care in prison

No matter how old he is, he'll never stop being a monster who preys on children. Not all elderly people are invalids. My dad is in his seventies and still working. I just think Jaycee deserves the peace of knowing that he'll never harm another child.

The magnitude and nature of his crime will most definitely be understood by those who would grant him a parole hearing. He committed one of the most disturbing and horrifying crimes/kidnappings in recent history.

Phillip Garrido will be eligible for a parole hearing in 18 years (year 2034).
I agree it is unlikely that he will be granted parole.
The horror is this - Jaycee should not have to experience distress by testifying at the parole hearing of her abductor/abuser. She should not have to see Garrido ever again, and she should never have to think about him ever having freedom.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-co...parole-program-forcing-victims-face-attackers
California's Elderly Parole Program forcing victims to face attackers decades later
POSTED: 03/21/2016 03:43:56 AM PDT
SAN JOSE -- Barely two weeks ago, the victim stood shaking at a parole hearing inside the spiked gates of San Quentin Prison and prepared to face the "Pleasure Point rapist," who attacked her and at least four other women in Santa Cruz in the 1980s.
"I am here before you today shocked, angry and terrified," she said, choking up as she read from her statement.
Thirty years ago, when she was a 20-year-old college student, she was told this day would never come.
[…]
Since the Elderly Parole Program began, in February 2014, more than 1,180 inmates eligible for elderly parole have had hearings. Of those, 317 have been granted parole, 781 have been denied and 89 were not ready but can qualify again in as few as three years.
[…]

Neither Jaycee nor the previous victim!

Don't blame Gov. Brown for everything. He's my gov, and I happen to think he's doing a great job. It doesn't automatically mean that because Garrido is over 65, that he will be released, besides it's 18 years away- he'll probably die in prison before then. Failing that, Brown will no longer be governor then, but he hasn't paroled Charles Manson, nor Susan Atkins (she died behind bars), or Patricia Krenwinkle, and doubtfully will he parole Leslie Van Houten, so I'm really not worried that Philip Garrido will receive early release. Been there, done that with him, and the parole officers got sued for not finding Jaycee in the their searches for 18 years. They won't want more bad PR. I think Jaycee can rest easy.

Saw that this disgusting rumor has made the headlines of the National Enquirer today, along with some unflattering paparazzi style candids of Jaycee out for food with her mother and daughters. You can actually see Angel and Starlit though, and they both resemble her quite a bit in their own ways. One is 21 and the other is 18. I thought I heard that a long time ago she changed their names though since Phillip forced the name choices on her???:thinking:

One more point about defending Gov. Jerry Brown. He was also not gov, when the parole board screwed up and failed to search for Jaycee. And he has denied parole for Manson Girl Leslie Van Houten.

linas those pictures of terry, jaycee and the girls were taken in april 2010. i cant believe they are passing them off as new.........when the girls were minors. and now they dont blur the faces. disgusting. i hope jaycee sues them.

her older daughters name was not changed but the younger one was at her (the girl's) request. jaycee left the option up to them i think.

the headline on the enquirde cover reads 'kidnappers released!. say wut?

hopefully never. i hope jaycee, terry and garrido's original victim show up at every parole hearing this snake and his his sleazy wife have.

i was thinking. if our prison system did its job garridio would stlil be in jail for the 76 rape and wouldnt be getting out for another 11 years on that charge.....if our parole system thinks people like him and the manson nuts arent a danger then let them live with them. and let them be held responsible for the crimes they commit under their watch.

well here's praying neither him or his wife were 2 of the 214 prisoners obama let losse today.

i really dont believe that. if chances were really less then zero we wouldnt need this thread about his possible release in the first place, even if its 18 years from now.

part of the reason he was able to con himself out of prison in 1988 in the first place is cause the idiot judge and federal authorities in charge of the case messed up the sentencing. who knows what kind of loopholes he could find again.

well here's praying neither him or his wife were 2 of the 214 prisoners obama let losse today.
They were drug offenders. That's not why Garrido was jailed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back