Germany - Multiple Injuries in train axe attack 18 July 2016

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Breaking news

More than 20 people in Germany have been injured after a man with an axe went on the rampage on a train, German media report.

A police operation including a helicopter is under way in Heidingsfeld, a part of the city of Wurzburg in southern Germany.

Local media (in German) wrote that 21 people had been injured and a suspect appeared to have been shot."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36827725

Thanks for posting. Your link didn't work for me but I found this: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36827725
(KayElJay beat me to it)

More insanity.... enough already!

It's terrible what is happening in the world. Sky news UK is saying 4 people seriously injured and a number of other passengers injured. Conflicting reports suspect has been shot dead. Police operation is ongoing.

CNN - suspect has used an axe and a knife in attack.

Latest update

Reports emerging from the scene state three people are fighting for their lives after the attack.

The three passengers have all been rushed to hospital in a critical condition.

Early reports suggest one other person has suffered non life-threatening injuries and 14 have suffered minor injuries or shock."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/germany-train-axe-attack-live-8445573

Sky News UK - 4 people seriously injured, 1 person injured and 14 people treated for shock. Suspect shot dead.

The Bavarian Interior Ministry has now confirmed the attacker shouted ‘Allahu Akbar’ (God is great) before hacking at passengers.

The 17-year-old boy unleashed the attack on board a waiting train and was shot by police on a road outside the station.

An official has said the incident was ‘probably’ linked to Islamic extremism."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/germany-train-axe-attack-live-8445573

17 year old refugee, arrived in Germany unaccompanied. Had been living in a German foster family since two weeks.
Attacked passengers in the train with an axe, then went on a rampage tour through a village.

I have asked reporters on twitter if this foster family has survived, no answer yet.

Recently (around the attack in Nice) ISIS has threatened Germany specifically.

Thank you Mutti Merkel for inviting this gem! plus the rest, who knows what is coming.

OMG how terrible! These kind of attacks are getting frighteningly frequent now. Hardly a days goes by without another incident somewhere in Europe.

I was just looking at German news reports to see if it was indeed a refugee, but I see now that greg already found confirmation. I wonder when he immigrated to Germany.

Prayers that all victims pull through!

ETA: just saw ZaZara's post, that he was in Germany for only two weeks. Wow, something is terribly wrong there - are immigrants not extensively checked first?

OMG how terrible! These kind of attacks are getting frighteningly frequent now. Hardly a days goes by without another incident somewhere in Europe.

I was just looking at German news reports to see if it was indeed a refugee, but I see now that greg already found confirmation. I wonder when he immigrated to Germany.

Prayers that all victims pull through!

ETA: just saw ZaZara's post, that he was in Germany for only two weeks. Wow, something is terribly wrong there - are immigrants not extensively checked first?

He had been living with a foster family for two weeks. I don't know how long he was in Germany, but living with a FAMILY is a big step in the asylum process.

Journo's on twitter now questioning if he was really 17 .... or only pretended to be.

He had been living with a foster family for two weeks. I don't know how long he was in Germany, but living with a FAMILY is a big step in the asylum process.

Journo's on twitter now questioning if he was really 17 .... or only pretended to be.

That poor family must be horrified.

That poor family must be horrified.

He had been living first in a centre for juveniles, if I understand it well, and then moved in with a foster family.
If the family is horrified, that is good news, because they would still be alive.

Axe and knife must have come from SOMEWHERE.

There are fake pictures of a bearded man with an axe on twitter, these date from 2014, from an axe attack in New York.

Picture of train full of blood on telegraph liveblog:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...axe-attack-many-injured/#update-20160719-0003

Sigh.
I hate this so much. Both the micro of the attack itself, which is horrifying and I am praying for all the victims and their families.
But also the macro, of how this affects all the refugees who are totally innocent, lovely people who simply want a peaceful life for their families who are given a bad name by these degenerate extremists.
The response to all this horror going on in the world needs to be rational and measured and smart - not knee jerk.
My thoughts are with all those involved. His foster family are surely horrified. Will be interesting to see if he wasn't actually 17 and lied about his identity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back