FL Miramar Police Officer Refused Service At Local Gas Station

Glad he was fired. I think his face/image should be published so other perspective employers are aware of his racism against the police. jmo

Sadly not an isolated incident.

Taco Bell employee fired after denying service to AL sheriff deputies

Lee County Sheriff Jay Jones confirmed the incident with multiple sources on his staff. Jones says at 9:40 p.m. on Saturday, two LCSO deputies were told by a counter cashier they would not serve law enforcement and needed to leave.

Lee said the deputies asked if she was kidding and the cashier allegedly responded: "No, I'm not serving you." A customer in store also commented, allegedly saying she was glad the cashier wasn't serving them because she would not eat there if they had been served.

Dallas restaurant apologizes, fires employee after cops refused service

A group of Dallas Police officers say they were turned away from Genghis Grill on Greenville Avenue around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.

According to a source, the officers were told by an employee that their presence may frighten other customers.

Restaurant Owner Allegedly Refuses Cops, Tells Them to 'Spread the Word' to Other Officers

Law enforcement will no longer eat at a Washington State restaurant after the eatery's owner asked them not to come back, officials said.

Four deputies with the Skagit County Sheriff’s Office were finishing lunch at Lucky Teriyaki in Sedro-Woolley, about 70 miles north of Seattle, when the restaurant’s owner asked them not to eat there anymore, Sheriff Will Reichardt said in a post on the Department’s Facebook page.

“I am not often speechless but today I was advised of an incident... that completely took me by surprise,” Reichardt wrote.

Several examples here Refusals to Serve Police Officers at Restaurants Draw Concern

Well, let's hope that these people/establishments never get robbed or need help. I am speechless and horrified at this new trend. Shame. Shame. Shame.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I wonder, does this mean if any of these places get robbed or if there is some sort of altercation police can remind the owners they were asked not to come back?

I hope it's more than just the police who choose not to come back.

They may be better off to be refused service. In my city an officer was injured after biting into a sandwich containing shards of glass.A health inspection revealed plates that were chipped and so far they haven't determined that it was an intentional act.
He has recovered and is okay,but probably safer that cops bring food from home or eat at trusted places. IMO

Whenever an officer is in line at a Mc Donald's drive through or a convenience store, I pay for whatever is in their hand. It is the least I can do to say thank you for the service and inherent risk they endure. It often takes them by surprise and they are most grateful, and it is just a simple gesture. I wish more people were thankful. IMO

The reality is that no matter how bad the police officers are treated at a business they will still do their job and protect that business and the people in it.
I do blame the individual for their actions, and not the franchise or corporate office for it. Unless of course they stand behind their employee. I cannot see any sensible business owner not wanting law enforcement frequenting their establishment. Just the presence of law enforcement deters crime.

Fwiw, refusing service seems like a peaceful protest. Better that than the alternatives others have used.

This is horrible! I bet all these people that refused to serve the LE were young people, no older than in their twenties.

Is refusal to serve a person not included in the discrimination law in some form? I do not know it word for word, however, if this refusal to serve people was upheld in other situations, there would be law suits over it.

These kids, I imagine, were hired to do a job. Where do they get the idea they have the right to refuse service to anyone? Back to the sixties we go....

My opinions only.

KD isn't a child - she had all kids of elected reps backing her refusal to serve under her mandate. Parties, outings, speaking engagements all lined up to celebrate her contempt. She was breaking a law - the servers discussed here are breaking the rules under the private sector as per their employer.

Can't believe some LE are making a big deal about it. No law has been broken.

Utterly flabbergasted that anyone would support this blatant form of discrimination against ANYONE. Kind of hypocritical coming from folks that are trying to fight for all kinds of equality. To me, it's totally distasteful that a person would support this crap and still expect LE to protect them. Please. Gahhh.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

KD isn't a child - she had all kids of elected reps backing her refusal to serve under her mandate. Parties, outings, speaking engagements all lined up to celebrate her contempt. She was breaking a law - the servers discussed here are breaking the rules under the private sector as per their employer.

Can't believe some LE are making a big deal about it. No law has been broken.

How is LE "making a big deal about it" simply by calling attention to it? As a consumer, I appreciate the info because I might choose to boycott those establishments if they were in my neighborhood. (depending upon how the owner or management responded) Others may choose to give their business to them because they agree with their stance. IMO

Most municipalities have some sort of business license & food handling permit. Maybe if municipal employees aren't welcome, no license/permit!

It's reasonable that if one refuses to provide service that is part of one's job, one is fired.
That's what happened in this case.

It's reasonable that if one refuses to provide service that is part of one's job, one is fired.
That's what happened in this case.
One of the other cases cited above involved the owner telling LE not to come back.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

One of the other cases cited above involved the owner telling LE not to come back.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Perhaps he should put a big sign in his front window saying "Law enforcement not welcome" and see what that does for his business.

If it's the owner, the public can choose not to patronize that business. This is how capitalism works.

I certainly wouldn't patronize a business that said "LE not welcome."

ETA: if we are talking about not serving a protected class, then I'd hope the appropriate state agency would step in and enforce anti-discrimination laws.

A business that said "Bigots Not Welcome" or "Homophobes Not Welcome," they'd get twice my business.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back