AZ AZ - Belen (fnd dec'd), 55, & Ernest Potts, 29, Tucson, 14 July 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Authorities looking for Tucson mother, son
11032579_G.jpg

Officials say 55-year-old Belen Potts and her 29-year-old son Ernest Potts were last seen Thursday night.

They had mentioned they planned to go hiking at Redington Pass on Friday.
http://www.kvoa.com/story/32490610/police-seek-missing-mother-and-son

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Well that's terribly sad. The way the article was worded has me confused. Paraphrasing - they found her car down an embankment. So had the car gone off the road and crashed or was it an area you could drive a car down there? Where I live we have deep ditches along roadways that I would consider an embankment and people will park their cars along them for various reasons.

Very tragic news no matter. Praying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As I interpret the news stories, they apparently drove 11 miles down a remote and rough road to collect rocks, and got stuck. Perhaps in trying to free the car or turn around, it was accidently driven over or fell down the embankment.

Mid July in southern Arizon, I don't know the weather on those days, but likely extemely hot. I don't know what kind of supplies they had with them, but Belen Potts was diabetic. Ernest probably went to walk for help, but to judge by his photo, he wasn't very fit. He may have taken a short cut or left the road to find a little shade, but he never made it. It was 2 weeks before she was found, and of course she hadn't survived out there either.

A miserable way to go, RIP.

As I interpret the news stories, they apparently drove 11 miles down a remote and rough road to collect rocks, and got stuck. Perhaps in trying to free the car or turn around, it was accidently driven over or fell down the embankment.

Mid July in southern Arizon, I don't know the weather on those days, but likely extemely hot. I don't know what kind of supplies they had with them, but Belen Potts was diabetic. Ernest probably went to walk for help, but to judge by his photo, he wasn't very fit. He may have taken a short cut or left the road to find a little shade, but he never made it. It was 2 weeks before she was found, and of course she hadn't survived out there either.

A miserable way to go, RIP.

So sad. Praying for their family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE found a male corpse in the Tucson area tonight, near Picture Rocks. It may be long shot, but have any other males been reported missing in Tucson lately?
http://tucson.com/news/local/dead-b...cle_6a06f128-73c4-11e6-93f1-2b9a36579cfa.html

I do not see that they say that the body was ever identified. It seems that there are numerous bodies found all over AZ each year. That has been one thing I have found haunting since I moved here. So many parishing out there. So sad!
It said that there was no obvious signs of trauma to the mother. But that the area is so rugged they could not get a tow truck down there to retrieve the car. So it would be hard for anyone to travel by foot I would assume.

The body found on Dakota Plains Trail (Picture Rocks) wouldn't be Ernest. The last location of the vehicle was through two communities and around the other side of a mountain range.
<modsnip> The autopsy reported no visible signs of trauma, but the body was in an advanced state of decay when recovered. She had been subjected to monsoon rain, 37°C+ temperatures, and scavenging animals for days. A small caliber entry wound may not have been detectable under those circumstances.
Ernest was approximately a year out of U.S. Navy bootcamp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back