793 users online (107 members and 686 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

AZ - Belen (fnd dec'd), 55, & Ernest Potts, 29, Tucson, 14 July 2016

Authorities looking for Tucson mother, son

Officials say 55-year-old Belen Potts and her 29-year-old son Ernest Potts were last seen Thursday night.

They had mentioned they planned to go hiking at Redington Pass on Friday.
    http://www.kvoa.com/story/32490610/p...mother-and-son

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Hikers find dead body near car of missing Tucson woman, son still missing
    http://tucson.com/news/local/hikers-...medium=twitter
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Well that's terribly sad. The way the article was worded has me confused. Paraphrasing - they found her car down an embankment. So had the car gone off the road and crashed or was it an area you could drive a car down there? Where I live we have deep ditches along roadways that I would consider an embankment and people will park their cars along them for various reasons.

Very tragic news no matter. Praying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Limecat

"Live together, or die alone." Jack Shephard

All posts are jmo.

Medical examiner confirms body found is missing Pima County woman

Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Gregory Hess said they have positively identified the body found July 30 in a remote area of Redington Pass as Belen Potts.
    http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/3...a-county-woman

Where is Ernest? Such a strange case.

As I interpret the news stories, they apparently drove 11 miles down a remote and rough road to collect rocks, and got stuck. Perhaps in trying to free the car or turn around, it was accidently driven over or fell down the embankment.

Mid July in southern Arizon, I don't know the weather on those days, but likely extemely hot. I don't know what kind of supplies they had with them, but Belen Potts was diabetic. Ernest probably went to walk for help, but to judge by his photo, he wasn't very fit. He may have taken a short cut or left the road to find a little shade, but he never made it. It was 2 weeks before she was found, and of course she hadn't survived out there either.

A miserable way to go, RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Satchie View Post
    As I interpret the news stories, they apparently drove 11 miles down a remote and rough road to collect rocks, and got stuck. Perhaps in trying to free the car or turn around, it was accidently driven over or fell down the embankment.

Mid July in southern Arizon, I don't know the weather on those days, but likely extemely hot. I don't know what kind of supplies they had with them, but Belen Potts was diabetic. Ernest probably went to walk for help, but to judge by his photo, he wasn't very fit. He may have taken a short cut or left the road to find a little shade, but he never made it. It was 2 weeks before she was found, and of course she hadn't survived out there either.

A miserable way to go, RIP.
    So sad. Praying for their family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Limecat

"Live together, or die alone." Jack Shephard

All posts are jmo.

LE found a male corpse in the Tucson area tonight, near Picture Rocks. It may be long shot, but have any other males been reported missing in Tucson lately?
    http://tucson.com/news/local/dead-bo...a36579cfa.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ozoner View Post
    LE found a male corpse in the Tucson area tonight, near Picture Rocks. It may be long shot, but have any other males been reported missing in Tucson lately?
    http://tucson.com/news/local/dead-bo...a36579cfa.html
    I do not see that they say that the body was ever identified. It seems that there are numerous bodies found all over AZ each year. That has been one thing I have found haunting since I moved here. So many parishing out there. So sad!
    It said that there was no obvious signs of trauma to the mother. But that the area is so rugged they could not get a tow truck down there to retrieve the car. So it would be hard for anyone to travel by foot I would assume.
    Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward

NAMUS for Ernest: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/35612

I'm assuming that means the body found above wasn't his? NAMUS does have DNA.