Australia Australia - William 'Bill' Roach, 25, Armidale NSW, 31 December 1993

Bohemian

Reaction score
Reward doubles for information leading police to remains of missing Armidale man Bill Roach
ABC New England
By Kerrin Thomas
Updated Thu Jul 21 10:36:34 EST 2016

View attachment 98610
Photo William "Bill" Roach went missing in 1993.
Supplied: NSW Police

'The reward for information about a man who went missing from Armidale, in northern New South Wales, more than 20 years ago, has been doubled.

William "Bill" Roach was last seen in Armidale on New Year's Eve in 1993.

A 2010 inquest into the case found he had died, but the cause of death was unknown.

He was last seen on Grafton Road at Armidale.'

'Deputy Premier Troy Grant has now approved a $100,000 reward for information leading to the location of the then-25-year-old, up from $50,000.

He said Mr Roach's family deserved to know what happened to him and the smallest piece of information could provide the clues needed to close the case.

"They have waited long enough for answers about his disappearance," Mr Grant said.

Crime Manager at New England Local Area Command, Acting Inspector Stuart Gray, said someone knew something and they needed to come forward.

"I do believe someone knows something out there and that's why we've posted this reward money, and that's why we encourage anyone with any information to come forward," he said.

"It will be treated in the strictest confidence, I can guarantee that.

"The sizeable reward is testament to how much we value this case and hope to bring some closure to, not only ourselves, but the family as well."'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-21/reward-doubles-police-seek-information-bill-roach/7647586

Interesting timing with the doubling of the reward. One of the named persons of interest is very ill, with a terminal illness. I believe the police are trying to convince those who know something to come forward while there is still time.

I know a few of Billy's relatives, who have waited a long time for answers. I hope the reward flushes out some more information.

Interesting timing with the doubling of the reward. One of the named persons of interest is very ill, with a terminal illness. I believe the police are trying to convince those who know something to come forward while there is still time.

I know a few of Billy's relatives, who have waited a long time for answers. I hope the reward flushes out some more information.

I hope this does result in some answers for Billy's family. He looks like a nice young man. It's terrible that his family have to live with 'not knowing'.

NSW Police are reappealing for information over the suspicious disappearance and suspected murder of William Roach nearly three decades ago as part of Missing Persons Week 2022.

William “Bill” Roach was 25 when he was last seen on Barney Street, Armidale, on Friday 31 December 1993, and was reported missing to police in early 1994.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morbidlittlemind
Back