NY NY - Ulster, off I-87, Male 20-30, UP14974, skeletal in garbage bag, Mar'16

A hard case to crack.....not many things known according to the Namus file. Can somebody see any rule outs?
Yeah I Know.. it's super vague..

Bones in garbage bag on side of road
It's a male 5'9 and the PMI is 1 year
That's all we know.. yep

You're welcome! I wish I still had the time on my hands to post all the NY NamUs cases here. I was really on a roll when I had a much slower paced job. No downtime at my new job lol

Thank you jessr927 for postingup all these NY cases!!

You're welcome! I wish I still had the time on my hands to post all the NY NamUs cases here. I was really on a roll when I had a much slower paced job. No downtime at my new job lol

You have done so many and did an awesome job!! I have been trying to do ones when I can here and there also.

Location Found Map
Street Address State Route 87 northbound Ulster, New York
County Ulster County

Circumstances of Recovery Bones found in garbage bag located off shoulder of New York State Thruway I-87 near mile marker 94.5 northbound.

The Map Namus has again is wrong.. their arrow brings you to some building some place else

this below is a correct link. when you click on the link.. zoom in on the 19 in the green square. When you zoom in you will see black squares following the highway up.. tap on them and each will give you a Milemarker number keep tapping on each one until you reach 94.5 and That is where the bag of bones was found.

It was on the Northbound lane, which means whoever came with the body was coming from down state. So we should look for missing men that are 5'9 and from down state is my guess. My guess would be CT , lower NY and NJ..

Traveler Map- New York State Thruway

I came across this just now.. he went Missing March of 2015.. and he is 5'9
I have not found anything else on this kid anywhere.. so I am posting.

Police Search for Missing East Harlem Boy, 11
Published at 5:04 AM EDT on Mar 27, 2015

Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a missing 11-year-old East Harlem boy.

Treyvion Banks was last seen at 3:30 p.m.
Thursday heading towards the subway at East 110 Street and Lexington Avenue, police say.

He was wearing a white tank top, blue slacks and black sneakers.
He is 5’9” and weighs 130 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 800-577-TIPS.

treyvion+banks.jpg

this guy went missing in 2008 but it was close to Kingston where the Bones were found.

Local Police are continuing to search for a missing Poughkeepsie man who was last seen on his drive to college.

According to the New York State Public Safety, Rohan Brown was scheduled to start his senior year at the University of Albany in August of 2008, but went missing after a traffic stop in New Paltz.

Brown was driving a 2001 blue Hyundai Accent, with New York license plate DPY-4895. The vehicle has not been located. Officials say Brown, now 33, may be in the need of medical attention.
Police describe Brown has a 5’9” 190 pound black male with black hair and brown hair.

the link has his photo

Police Continue to Search for Missing Poughkeepsie Man

As we can't see if there is DNA available for MP or/and UID just want to give some possibilities.

Brandyn Simmons, Male, Black / African American, missing November 30, 2014, 28 when missing from Manhattan NY, 5'6 - 5'9
Missing Person Case

VICTOR RAMON PINERO-DAVILA, Male, Hispanic / Latino, missing July 20, 2014, 29 when missing from Rochester NY, 5'9
Missing Person Case

Michael Steven Hawkins, Male, White / Caucasian, missing October 21, 2013, 27 when missing from Schenectady, NY, 5' 8" - 5' 9"
Missing Person Case

Nieko Anthony Lisi, Male, White / Caucasian, missing September 13, 2011, 18 when missing from Jasper, NY, 5'10 - 5'11

Missing Person Case

this guy went missing in 2008 but it was close to Kingston where the Bones were found.

Local Police are continuing to search for a missing Poughkeepsie man who was last seen on his drive to college.

According to the New York State Public Safety, Rohan Brown was scheduled to start his senior year at the University of Albany in August of 2008, but went missing after a traffic stop in New Paltz.

Brown was driving a 2001 blue Hyundai Accent, with New York license plate DPY-4895. The vehicle has not been located. Officials say Brown, now 33, may be in the need of medical attention.
Police describe Brown has a 5’9” 190 pound black male with black hair and brown hair.

the link has his photo

Police Continue to Search for Missing Poughkeepsie Man

An update about Rohan Brown. The case is stated as resolved. Rohan Stefon Brown – The Charley Project

"In July 2020, his car was found in the Hudson River near Waryas Park in Poughkeepsie, by state police divers during a sonar training exercise. It was about 75 feet from shore, at a water depth of 24 feet. When it was hauled from the river, skeletal remains were found in it, presumably his. Brown's death is under investigation".

It's safe to say this UID is not Mr. Brown.

It was on the Northbound lane, which means whoever came with the body was coming from down state. So we should look for missing men that are 5'9 and from down state is my guess. My guess would be CT , lower NY and NJ.y

True, then again particularly if it was a trucker they could potentially have been carried from far, far away.
Head not recovered which makes it extra difficult.
This poor unnamed man :(

As we can't see if there is DNA available for MP or/and UID just want to give some possibilities.

Brandyn Simmons, Male, Black / African American, missing November 30, 2014, 28 when missing from Manhattan NY, 5'6 - 5'9
Missing Person Case

VICTOR RAMON PINERO-DAVILA, Male, Hispanic / Latino, missing July 20, 2014, 29 when missing from Rochester NY, 5'9
Missing Person Case

Michael Steven Hawkins, Male, White / Caucasian, missing October 21, 2013, 27 when missing from Schenectady, NY, 5' 8" - 5' 9"
Missing Person Case

Nieko Anthony Lisi, Male, White / Caucasian, missing September 13, 2011, 18 when missing from Jasper, NY, 5'10 - 5'11

Missing Person Case

Simmons is still missing. He is an Iraq war vet and was suffering from depression and PTSD when he disappeared. Less likely he ended up where this UID was found.

Pinero-Davila was presumed located Presumed Located - NY - Victor Ramon Pinero-Davila, 29, Rochester, 20 July 2014

Hawkins
Fugitive, 'Zombie Mike', wanted for raping NY woman in wheelchair.
Rotterdam rape suspect search featured on national TV show | The Daily Gazette
He is a fugitive, still missing. Something could have "happened" to him, although the articles give "the feel" that he is still alive and on the run.

Lisi
Still missing. He is 5'10 - 5'11, for me this is not to much off, but PMI wouldn't fit with the story. He went missing in 2011. UID's year of death 2014 - 2015.

"On October 3 <2011>, Lisi's mother got his driver's license in the mail. Someone had found it on a street in Hornell, New York, about fifteen minutes from Lisi's home, and mailed it back. His mother, who was already worried because she hadn't heard from her son in several days, got even more concerned after receiving the license. Lisi's Facebook page had been shut down without warning around that same time." "The pickup truck Lisi had been driving in when he vanished could not be found after his disappearance. In July 2016, four and a half years after Lisi's disappearance, authorities finally located it, completely stripped down and locked inside a garage in a private home in Franklin, Tennessee. Foul play is suspected in Lisi's case, which remains unsolved".

True, then again particularly if it was a trucker they could potentially have been carried from far, far away.
Head not recovered which makes it extra difficult.
This poor unnamed man :(

What is lower New York?

What is lower New York?

800px-Map_of_New_York_Economic_Regions.svg.png

Downstate New York:
  • New York City (9)
  • Long Island (10)
  • Hudson Valley (Lower and Middle) (8)
Upstate New York:
  • Hudson Valley (Middle and Upper)
  • Capital District
  • North Country