NY - Ernest Jones for rape of 9yo girl, Harlem, 2003

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
An ex-convict hung his head in shame yesterday in a Manhattan courtroom as the sobbing mother of his 9-year-old victim demanded to know how anyone could rape a child.
"I would like to know why he attacked my daughter!" the weeping mom demanded in state Supreme Court, where Ernest Jones was sentenced to 20 years in prison. "I hope he rots in jail."

Jones, 28, drew the prison term as part of a plea deal with prosecutors who wanted to spare the little girl the emotional trauma of testifying in open court.

The mother told Justice Edwin Torres that her daughter had recovered slowly from the attack in which Jones raped her on the rooftop landing of her Harlem high-rise - and threatened to throw her off the roof if she resisted.

"He tried to ruin her life," her mom said. "But she's had help. She's doing fine."
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/359653p-306399c.html

A glowering Harlem drug felon was sentenced to 20 years in prison yesterday for raping a 9-year-old girl in the stairwell of her Malcolm X Boulevard building two years ago.
Craven fiend Ernest Jones, 29, stared angrily down at the defense table — his hands cuffed behind him — as the girl's mother let him have it, telling a judge, "I hope he'll rot in jail."

"He tried to ruin her life," the mom cried. "But she had help and she's doing OK. He tried to ruin her, but she's doing well."
http://www.nypost.com/news/regionalnews/30181.htm

I'm glad the girl is getting help and is doing well.

I hope the creep rots in jail too.

I hope other prisoners mete out justice befitting a paedophile.

sometimes i believe that's all justice is left with. a 'plea deal' which left him with not justice, IMO, but at leat the child was spared having to testify.

bless the little one. i hope she is 'doing OK'.

i'm glad her mother had the opportunity to tell him what she thought of him.

The mother — whose identity is being withheld to protect that of her child — said her relatives "still have that hatred in their hearts. I'm glad the police caught him before my family did."

to the extent they aren't facing a prison sentence, yes. but surely he deserved whatever they woud have done to him had they caught him. :(

What the heck is a Craven fiend?
(i'm so out of it, I guess)

there's more:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...ct26,0,6896441.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork

Jones was charged after he voluntarily gave detectives a sample of his DNA in connection with another attack, prosecutors said. In that case, he had been charged with raping a 21-year-old woman on July 31, 2004.

While Jones was being held on $50,000 bail in connection with the 2004 case, prosecutors said, police learned that his DNA matched that in semen left on the little girl's shirt after she was attacked.

Pook said:
What the heck is a Craven fiend?
(i'm so out of it, I guess)

there's more:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...ct26,0,6896441.story?coll=ny-region-apnewyork

Jones was charged after he voluntarily gave detectives a sample of his DNA in connection with another attack, prosecutors said. In that case, he had been charged with raping a 21-year-old woman on July 31, 2004.

While Jones was being held on $50,000 bail in connection with the 2004 case, prosecutors said, police learned that his DNA matched that in semen left on the little girl's shirt after she was attacked.

Has this guy already been tried for the rape of the 21 yr old woman or is that yet to come?

I loathe plea deals. I think if the truth by known the Pros doesn't want to spend the money on a trial where the guy would get a decent amount of prison time. Whether there is a trial or a plea bargain the Pros has a win under his belt and it looks good when he is up for election the next time. I'd like to know how much time a jury would have given him....how high could they have gone.

When the Pros talks to the parents he puts them in a no win situation..."a plea will be for the best...you know we don't want to traumatize your little girl anymore then need be." What are they supposed to say. If they protest then they feel like lousy parents. If they take the plea they must feel angry and that justice wasn't fully served. I sure the heck would.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back