Identified! CT - Kensington, WhtMale UP6195, 40-60, lower leg&foot, found on golf course, Aug'04 - Paul Sweetman

rats

Justice for Sheridan Jane Doe.
Reaction score
NamUs: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6195

Case #: 04-10334
Date found: August 28, 2004
Location: Shuttle Meadow Country Club, Kensington, CT (Hartford County)
Estimated age: 30-40
Race: White
Sex: Male
Body conditions: Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues
Probable year of death: 2004 to 2004

Circumstances:

A distal lower leg and foot was found on the 7th Fairway on the golf course.

DNA: Sample submitted, tests complete
Fingerprints: Available and entered (even though it was a leg and foot?)

One rule out:

William Smolinski Jr 1973 Connecticut

Weird find on a golf course. I hope they checked the water hazards...

Weird find on a golf course. I hope they checked the water hazards...

That's what I was thinking, honestly. That and why did they only find a leg...?

Kensington is a village in the town of Berlin, and borders New Britain. Could this have any connection to the Howell serial killings? And how were they able to determine race?? I've worked in/gone to school in the New Britain area for years and have never heard of this particular case. Thanks for posting it.

Surely this man must be missed. Who could he be?

That's what I was thinking, honestly. That and why did they only find a leg...?

It seems likely the rest of the body is in a shallow grave somewhere nearby and the foot and leg are what an animal dug up and dragged away.

A severed leg led police to a Connecticut cult’s ‘chief apostle’ who went missing 14 years ago

The historic Shuttle Meadow Country Club in Kensington, Connecticut, sprawls over nearly 400 acres of land. Surrounded by dense forests and rolling hills, the club’s picturesque 18-hole course is a golfer’s dream.

About 14 years ago, New Britain police made a grim discovery there. Responding to a report of human remains on Aug. 27, 2004, police arrived to find part of a leg, severed so cleanly that they could only come to one conclusion: someone had been killed.

The source of the leg would remain a mystery until 2016, according to a recently released arrest warrant. In April that year, New Britain police learned from the National Mission and Unidentified Person System that the Southington Police Department had an open missing persons case for a man named Paul Sweetman. Police also learned that the FBI was investigating a claim that Sweetman had been murdered, dismembered and his body parts buried around New Britain, the arrest warrant said.

Sweetman, who had gained local fame as the self-described "chief apostle" of a religious cult known as "The Work," was reported missing by his wife Joanne Sweetman on July 24, 2004, according to the warrant. He was 70 years old.

Using DNA from Sweetman’s son, authorities confirmed that the leg was a parental match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back