Australia - Serial sex attacker behind 27 assaults in Sydney's eastern suburbs, 1984-

Bohemian

Reaction score
Serial sex attacker behind 27 assaults in Sydney's eastern suburbs, police say
The Sydney Morning Herald
Megan Levy
August 1 2016 :55am

'A serial sex attacker who was originally wanted over five sexual assaults on Sydney's eastern beaches is now believed to have targeted far more women than originally thought, police have revealed.

Detectives believe the man is responsible for 27 sexual assaults and attempted sexual assaults during a 16-year spree, between 1985 and 2001.

During those years, the man attacked women between the ages of 14 and 55 in suburbs across Sydney's east, including Bondi Beach, Clovelly, Coogee, Centennial Park, Randwick and Kingswood.

In some cases, the women were attacked in their homes, while in others the women were attacked on the coastal walk between Bondi and Bronte.

In each attack, the man had his face concealed and, in most instances, was wearing casual clothing including tracksuits, hooded jumpers, football shorts or singlets.

The victims told police the man was either armed with a knife or threatened to have a knife during the attacks, and spoke with an Australian accent.'

View attachment 99222
An artist's impression of the offender who attacked women in Sydney's eastern suburbs.
Photo: NSW Police

View attachment 99224
Another artist's impression of the serial offender, based on a separate victim's description.

View attachment 99225
This singlet was recovered from one of the sexual assaults in Sydney's eastern suburbs.

'Detectives believe the man now would be aged between 45 and 64, and described him as being between 160 and 180 centimetres tall, with a dark complexion, dark, wavy hair, brown eyes and a broad nose.'

'In the 1980s he was described as being of a thin build, then in the early 1990s was described as being of a medium build, and in the later 1990s was described as being of an athletic or muscular build.'

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/serial-se...stern-suburbs-police-say-20160731-gqhx8r.html

Thanks. I wonder if he was incarcerated on unrelated charges. And they didn't know. Wow.

I just watched a long press conference on ABC news, so don't have a link. But they have said that the latest date they are looking for info on is 2001.

I just watched a long press conference on ABC news, so don't have a link. But they have said that the latest date they are looking for info on is 2001.

I put the latter date in the thread title, spangle, but it must've been too many characters and was truncated.

My mum lived on the central coast back in the 80's, and she had a very frightening encounter with a man who was wanted for a number of rapes at the time, and as far as we know he was never caught and the attacks stopped. We have been wondering about this today, because there are a number of similarities between her almost-attacker and this rapist, including his clothing and the fact that he watched his victims for some time. The only thing is, my mum described a man with slightly dark skin who was of middle-eastern or even Italian appearance, but the sketches released today strike me as someone possibly of Aboriginal background, although they haven't described him as such. Based on this, I'm not sure it would be the same guy, but I wonder if I should call in a tip anyway. If it is the same man, this would indicate that he moves around and attacked women in other areas. What do you guys think?

My mum lived on the central coast back in the 80's, and she had a very frightening encounter with a man who was wanted for a number of rapes at the time, and as far as we know he was never caught and the attacks stopped. We have been wondering about this today, because there are a number of similarities between her almost-attacker and this rapist, including his clothing and the fact that he watched his victims for some time. The only thing is, my mum described a man with slightly dark skin who was of middle-eastern or even Italian appearance, but the sketches released today strike me as someone possibly of Aboriginal background, although they haven't described him as such. Based on this, I'm not sure it would be the same guy, but I wonder if I should call in a tip anyway. If it is the same man, this would indicate that he moves around and attacked women in other areas. What do you guys think?

Is your Mum still with you? If so, she could call Crimestoppers. If not, I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm sure that any tips to Crimestoppers are welcome. Their phone number is 1800 333 000.

Is your Mum still with you? If so, she could call Crimestoppers. If not, I'm very sorry for your loss. I'm sure that any tips to Crimestoppers are welcome. Their phone number is 1800 333 000.

Yes, she is still alive. I think I will run it by her and see if she will call it in, the worst that can happen is that it's not related.

Yes I would definitely call that in to crimestoppers, I think a "broad nose" could be a few different ethnicities or even the result of a previous broken nose...
Scary stuff.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back