Canada - Julie Croteau, 32, St Liboire QC, 25 Oct 2005

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Victim's remains found in trunk of her car
Nursing assistant found near her clinic believed to have suffered very violent death

October 28, 2005

Are they a coincidence or are they messages from a cold-blooded killer?

The Surete du Quebec is investigating the death of a woman whose body was found yesterday in the trunk of a car parked behind a shopping centre in St. Hyacinthe, about 70 kilometres east of Montreal.

The woman, believed to be Julie Croteau, 32, appeared to have suffered a very violent death. But the chilling element of the investigation came in the form of two messages spray-painted on the walls next to and in front of Croteau's Honda Civic.

"I kill 4 fun" was one of the messages written in blood-red paint. The car was parked with its nose facing the message.

"Life is 4 the strongest" was the other message, spray-painted on a wall to the right of the driver's side of the vehicle.

The red paint stood out from the more common graffiti painted in black on the walls.

SQ spokesperson Constable Chantal Mackels said chips from the paint on the wall will be analyzed.

It's hoped the analysis will determine whether the messages in red paint were there before the Civic was parked behind a Dollarama store in the shopping centre on Casavant St.

Investigators will also try to determine whether one of the video surveillance cameras in the area captured images of the person who abandoned the car in the parking lot.

Claudette Carbonneau, manager of the Dollarama, said the black graffiti had been around for a long time, "but I never noticed any red graffiti until now. It must be recent."

Croteau was reported missing Tuesday.

She was last seen leaving her home in St. Liboire, 15 kilometres east of St. Hyacinthe, in her Honda about 6:30 a.m. that day. She was supposed to pick up a friend so they could ride together to their work in nearby Ste. Madeleine.

Croteau never showed up.

More: http://montreal.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=qc-murder20051027

66331-20438.jpg
CREDIT: ALLEN MCINNIS, THE GAZETTEChilling graffiti marks discovery of woman's body in St. Hyacinthe: Surete du Quebec investigators are to analyze chips from red graffiti spray-painted on wall in St. Hyacinthe where the body of Julie Croteau, 32, was found yesterday in the trunk of her Honda Civic. "I kill 4 fun" was one of the messages. "Life is 4 the strongest" was the other.

Wow! This is scary.

IMO, the people in that town should be afraid...... Very, very afraid!

JMHO
fran

I'm sure many will disagree, but i think television culture is partly to blame.

the criminal who did this is not only glorying in people's reactions, s/he probably has been on a diet of violent television programmes, or violent films all his/her life.

:banghead:

How absolutely horrific. :(

Prayers for Julie and her family.

So very sad. I tried to google her name and couldn't find any information on this case or even when she was missing. Is there any information out there?

So this appears to be totally random? How incredibly horrible and sad. God Bless Julie's soul :angel: and prayers for her family.

So many sick people in this world. It's scary.

Using the number 4 in place of the word for sounds immature or like someone who posts on the web.

Becba said:
Using the number 4 in place of the word for sounds immature or like someone who posts on the web.

Definitely on both, Becba! Good catch!!;)

JMHO
fran

PrayersForMaura said:
Quebec police say ugly graffiti found near a car containing a woman's body is not connected with her death.

A letter taped to a wall with the graffiti shows that the spray-painted words "I KILL 4 FUN!!" are not connected to the woman, police said Friday.

http://montreal.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=qc-graffiti-20051028&ref=rss
I hope that turns out to be true -that is is not connected- because most of the internet entries I found would certainly seem to be more horror style/blood-N-gore type stuff including one made by a medical lab assistant (although post on page claims him to be in other country at time of post.)

This is going to sound sooo weird but one of my favorite movies is "A League of Their Own" with Tom Hanks. I remember reading an article in a magazine about a girl named Julie Croteau who was an extra in that movie, one of the baseball players on another team. She is listed on IMDB, too, but no other info about her. I think she was from Canada, too, or at least up north near the Canadian border. I hope this wasn't the same Julie Croteau. This girl was 32 and the Julie in the movie would be about the same age, having been about 20 or so when she was in the film.

This is going to sound sooo weird but one of my favorite movies is "A League of Their Own" with Tom Hanks. I remember reading an article in a magazine about a girl named Julie Croteau who was an extra in that movie, one of the baseball players on another team. She is listed on IMDB, too, but no other info about her. I think she was from Canada, too, or at least up north near the Canadian border. I hope this wasn't the same Julie Croteau. This girl was 32 and the Julie in the movie would be about the same age, having been about 20 or so when she was in the film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_Croteau

LOL..Im sorry this isn't a funny matter at all but i found beccas post to be funny .Becca that really narrows it down to just a few ..like what 30'000'000 people..

The husband did it...

snip...

Accused cried on learning of wife's death, trial is told
Woman's body found in trunk of her car in '05
JASON MAGDER, The Gazette
Published: Wednesday, November 14 2007
Family members said Ghislain Dion cried for the whole day two years ago when he found out his common-law wife, Julie Croteau, had died.

The two had been a couple since high school in St. Liboire, a close-knit town of 2,800 people about 85 kilometres east of Montreal.

Dion, 37, is standing trial for first-degree murder in the death of Croteau, 32. She was found in the trunk of her grey Honda Civic on Oct. 27, 2005.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazet....html?id=12f5bfec-cebc-4ffe-abf9-f3ba5cbe4d1b

So has he already been found guilty? Or is he accused?

The husband did it...

snip...

Accused cried on learning of wife's death, trial is told
Woman's body found in trunk of her car in '05
JASON MAGDER, The Gazette
Published: Wednesday, November 14 2007
Family members said Ghislain Dion cried for the whole day two years ago when he found out his common-law wife, Julie Croteau, had died.

The two had been a couple since high school in St. Liboire, a close-knit town of 2,800 people about 85 kilometres east of Montreal.

Dion, 37, is standing trial for first-degree murder in the death of Croteau, 32. She was found in the trunk of her grey Honda Civic on Oct. 27, 2005.

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazet....html?id=12f5bfec-cebc-4ffe-abf9-f3ba5cbe4d1b

huh.. go figure wtf else is new ya know?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back