LA - Timothy Thompson, 2, found in shallow grave, Marrero, July 2016

PastTense

Reaction score
A DNA test has confirmed that a badly decomposed body found in a garbage bag under a bridge along the Mississippi River in Louisiana is the missing toddler whose parents were arrested last month. The Jefferson Parish coroner's office has confirmed the body is two-year-old Timothy Thompson IV after a circumstantial identification following the discovery on July 6. But authorities still don't know how the child died, Nola.com reports...

At the time of the discovery, it was believed he had been dead for two weeks, but his body was so decomposed that a cause of death could not be immediately established.

His parents Onterio Thompson and Gabrielle Whittington were arrested days later after the child's paternal grandmother Laverne Thompson alerted the police that she had not seen the child in weeks. Both were arrested on charges of unlawful disposal of human remains and the obstruction of justice.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3720187/Body-bridge-confirmed-missing-toddler.html
36CEF75300000578-3720187-image-m-9_1470153896599.jpg

Sweet little Timothy, you didn't deserve this. Sleep tight.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

I am disgusted. I hope his family gets justice for him.

Beautiful little boy. What did they do to him?

I have a perfect healthy gorgeous rambunctious 3 year old boy. I just don't get it. Never will.

Ditto... I have 5 kiddos. Of course, there are very trying times and toddlers are HARD by nature...but moments like the pic in the OP make it worth it.

Little dude in a bubble bath... *sobs*

July 7, 2016
11:26 PM

Toddler found dead in plastic bag; parents arrested after grandmother calls 911

https://tribwgno.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/mugshots.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&strip=all

ELMWOOD, La. – The parents of a 2-year-old boy whose body was found in a plastic garbage bag near the Huey P. Long Bridge, which crosses the Mississippi River in Louisiana, have been arrested.

Gabrielle Whittington and Onterio Thompson, both 21, of St. Tammany Parish, were booked into the Jefferson Parish Jail Thursday on charges of unlawful disposal of human remains and obstruction of justice.

The Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office has not commented on the investigation since shortly after the body was found Wednesday evening along the 4900 block of River Road on the east bank of the Mississippi River levee.

Capt. Daniel Seuzeneau, a St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office spokesman, said the sheriff’s office received a call Tuesday night from the boy’s grandmother, who was concerned about the toddler and told deputies she hadn’t seen him in several weeks.

http://wtkr.com/2016/07/07/toddler-...parents-arrested-after-grandmother-calls-911/

Lol they are so frustrating and stubborn at times, mine is 3y4m and ain't having the potty. But w en if I snap at him with a cross voice, he is just crushed and I feel awful. I can't imagine forcefully smacking him or harming him. Do ppl just not have compassion?

Ditto... I have 5 kiddos. Of course, there are very trying times and toddlers are HARD by nature...but moments like the pic in the OP make it worth it.

Little dude in a bubble bath... *sobs*

Questions linger as family gives 2yo proper burial

Grandmother believes child malnourished before death

Updated: 6:51 PM CDT Sep 22, 2016

"He was so loving, such a happy baby," said Bridget Whittington, Thompson's maternal grandmother.

She said she will never forget the last hug with her 23-month-old grandson.

"I actually have pictures of the last time he fell asleep on me. It's weird that he'll never kiss me and when I walk in a room and say, 'Tim,' he'll never say, 'What Maw Maw' again and I'll never hear that," Whittington said.
http://www.wdsu.com/article/questions-linger-as-family-gives-2yo-proper-burial/3621595

Baby Tim's mother's family came to pay respect as well. His maternal grandmother was serving time for addiction when she heard the news that his decomposed body was found buried on the riverbank under the Huey P. Long bridge.

"I felt like I'm living in a mother, grandmother's worst nightmare, waiting to wake up and it's actually real," said Bridget Whittington.
"I do love her and I do support her. That is my daughter. My heart breaks for her too, because I was not there that night. I do not know what happened," said Whittington.

As they have done for 82 other children, the group Compassionate Burials for Indigent Babies, CBIB, is paying for the entire funeral, mass, and crypt where he will be buried.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/jef...child-who-was-buried-in-river-levee/324062809

I too am sorry Timothy's grandmother couldn't be there for him. And apparently his mother is pregnant.

The grandmother of a toddler whose body was found stuffed inside a garbage bag underneath the Huey P. Long Bridge in July believes his death could have been averted.

Laverne Thompson, the grandmother of 2-year-old Timothy Thompson, said she alerted the state's Department of Children & Family Services in February that the boy and his 3-year-old sister were malnourished. But both children were allowed to remain with their parents, she said, and Timothy Thompson died months later.

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orle...cle_cf9b7f46-7481-11e6-be97-d7d15407ca1f.html

I deleted my comments about this. I guess all I can say is that I am so sorry that Timothy was born into this family.

Parents of toddler found buried under Huey P. Long bridge plead guilty to obstruction charge

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/02/parents_of_toddler_found_burie.html

A Marrero couple pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice charges Thursday (Feb. 23) in the death of their son Timothy Thompson, the 2-year-old boy whose badly decomposed body was found in July buried in a plastic garbage bag under the Huey P. Long Bridge in Elmwood.

Gabrielle Whittington and Onterio Thompson, both 22, were immediately sentenced to five years in prison - three of those years suspended - followed by three years of active probation.

They were originally booked July 7 with obstruction of justice and unlawful disposal of human remains, one day after authorities say Thompson led investigators to a shallow grave where, "Baby Tim" as he was called by his grandmother, was found. The latter charge was subsequently dropped.

The coroner's office determined Timothy's death to be a homicide, but the cause of death remains undetermined. Whittington and Thompson have not been booked with murder in Timothy's death, though prosecutors said in court Thursday that the Jefferson Parish District Attorney's Office continues to screen a homicide case against the couple.

"I want you to know I'm your mother. I love everything about you," Laverne Thompson told her son. "I want to see you as a productive adult -- the awesome father that I know you can be. I want you to apply the things that I taught you."

A tearful Laverne Thompson made similar comments to Whittington.

"You're not my biological daughter. But you know I took you under my wing. You know I cared for you like my daughter," she said. "You know I love you."

Laverne Thompson said she is attending a hearing later Thursday to seek custody of the couple's newborn daughter, born four days ago. The couple's three other young children currently live with her in Texas.

this is another case where the child was left in the care of others and had recently been returned to the parents :(

Questions linger as family gives 2yo proper burial

Grandmother believes child malnourished before death

Updated: 6:51 PM CDT Sep 22, 2016

"He was so loving, such a happy baby," said Bridget Whittington, Thompson's maternal grandmother.

She said she will never forget the last hug with her 23-month-old grandson.

"I actually have pictures of the last time he fell asleep on me. It's weird that he'll never kiss me and when I walk in a room and say, 'Tim,' he'll never say, 'What Maw Maw' again and I'll never hear that," Whittington said.
http://www.wdsu.com/article/questions-linger-as-family-gives-2yo-proper-burial/3621595

From December:

State seeks to revoke probation of dead toddler Timothy Thompson's parents

Officers with the state Department of Probation and Parole have filed motions to revoke the probation of Gabrielle Whittington and Onterio Thompson, the couple whose 2-year-old son was found buried under the Huey P. Long Bridge, according to Jefferson Parish court records.

The pair is accused of violating the conditions of their release from prison. Whittington, 22, and Thompson, 23, pleaded guilty Feb. 23 to obstruction of justice in the death of their son, Timothy Thompson.

Whittington and Thompson pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, but the Jefferson Parish district attorney's office has not yet decided whether to move forward with the murder charge, according to court records.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back