Armored truck's doors pop open and $20 bills fly out

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It may have seemed like a gift from heaven, but hellfire and brimstone may well be the result for anybody who caught and kept part of the $80,000 in currency that fell out of the back of an armored truck Wednesday morning on the Leo Frigo Memorial Bridge.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Technically, it’s the crime of theft, not finders keepers,” said Capt. Greg Urban of the Green Bay Police Department. “It was an accident.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An accident, yes, but to some, the perfect storm, in which $20 bills rained down upon their heads from atop the bridge.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An armored courier owned by Badger Armor Inc., a new company in Green Bay, was traveling north over the bridge about 7:25 a.m. when its rear doors popped open, allowing a bag of $20 bills to drop out, Urban said.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As loose bills fluttered, motorists stopped in the middle of traffic to retrieve them by the fistful and then fled as squad cars arrived.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“We do know that several people got away with quite a bit of money,” Urban said.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The money was supposed to be delivered to businesses in the Wausau area, Urban said.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]About $8,000 remains unaccounted for. Someone claiming to be a college student reportedly phoned into a local radio talk show Wednesday morning to claim he recovered about $700 and wasn’t going to give it back, Urban said.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/news/archive/local_23148469.shtml
[/font]

LOL How come its never me driving behind the armored truck that starts spitting money? Im always stuck behind the trucks spitting smoke and oil!

Casshew said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It may have seemed like a gift from heaven, but hellfire and brimstone may well be the result for anybody who caught and kept part of the $80,000 in currency that fell out of the back of an armored truck Wednesday morning on the Leo Frigo Memorial Bridge.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Technically, it’s the crime of theft, not finders keepers,” said Capt. Greg Urban of the Green Bay Police Department. “It was an accident.”[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An accident, yes, but to some, the perfect storm, in which $20 bills rained down upon their heads from atop the bridge.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]An armored courier owned by Badger Armor Inc., a new company in Green Bay, was traveling north over the bridge about 7:25 a.m. when its rear doors popped open, allowing a bag of $20 bills to drop out, Urban said.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As loose bills fluttered, motorists stopped in the middle of traffic to retrieve them by the fistful and then fled as squad cars arrived.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“We do know that several people got away with quite a bit of money,” Urban said.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The money was supposed to be delivered to businesses in the Wausau area, Urban said.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]About $8,000 remains unaccounted for. Someone claiming to be a college student reportedly phoned into a local radio talk show Wednesday morning to claim he recovered about $700 and wasn’t going to give it back, Urban said.
[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/news/archive/local_23148469.shtml
[/font]
Hope they aren't expecting any of the lucky ones to show up and return the money. They are all living by the motto: "Your loss, our gain." Besides that college kid probably needs the money.

lol Tybee.. same here...

Ok, I'd like to know, How may of us would return that money? If it were me, I'm not sure who to return it to... lol.. so I'd have to keep it... then again, I'd feel guilty so maybe I would return it... :bang:

I wouldn't need to return the money - because I wouldn't be out scooping it up to begin with. That sounds like too much of a sport! :snooty:

Well I am sure they are insured.

Truth be told extra expenses like insurance get passed on to the consumer anyhow.

And Yes I would be out scooping up the money. Of course I am only lucky enough to drive behind the same trucks Tybee and Paper Doll drive behind.

tybee204 said:
LOL How come its never me driving behind the armored truck that starts spitting money? Im always stuck behind the trucks spitting smoke and oil!
Me too tybee, or parked in the grocery store lot blocking a couple of parking spaces:p

PaperDoll said:
Ok, I'd like to know, How may of us would return that money? If it were me, I'm not sure who to return it to... lol.. so I'd have to keep it... then again, I'd feel guilty so maybe I would return it... :bang:
I wouldn't ONLY because I would be afraid someone would recognize me, or worse yet take my photo crawling around stuffing my pockets :crazy:

I WOULD stop and watch who did though!

ETA: After thought, I could send my old mom out to get it..........who's going to arrest an old lady?

Tom'sGirl said:
I WOULD stop and watch who did though!
Yup, I carry my camera all the time in my purse... I'd be snapping pics like crazy and cash in on the reward :dance:

Casshew said:
Yup, I carry my camera all the time in my purse... I'd be snapping pics like crazy and cash in on the reward :dance:
Good thought.........hmmmmmm. I did carry my digital around, maybe now I'll start again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches
Back