Canada - Man accused of sex. assaulting, drugging young man he met online

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.citynews.ca/2016/08/05/m...ssaulting-drugging-another-man-he-met-online/

0805-Requena.jpg
Asdrubal David Gonzalez Requena, 32, is facing 10 charges in connection with a sexual assault investigation. HANDOUT/Toronto Police Service

A 32-year-old man is accused of sexually assaulting and drugging another man who he befriended on a social networking site.

Toronto police say a 24-year-old man used the site Grindr to meet the suspect last fall. During their encounter, police allege the 32-year-old man sexually assaulted the victim.

Then in April of this year, the accused allegedly administered a noxious substance to the 24-year-old and sexually assaulted him

Const. Caroline de Kloet said other men were involved in both April assaults, but they are not being sought at this time.

More than one intimate image of the victim was also publicly circulated without his consent, de Kloet said.

On July 30, police said a suspect identified as Asdrubal David Gonzalez Requena was arrested.

He has been charged with two counts of sexual assault, three counts of assault, two counts of overcome resistance by administering a drug, one count of publishing an intimate image without consent, one count of uttering threats and one count of intimidation.

Investigators say they may be concerned there are other victims who have not yet come forward.
rbbm.
http://www.cp24.com/news/man-drugge...spect-met-through-grindr-dating-app-1.3016490

Why did he meet up w him again?

Good question, wondered about that and concluded the victim may have been in denial after the first time, or was threatened/black-mailed with photos taken and distributed allegedly without consent.
LE were forthcoming about the prior date, so there must be something to the allegations - dunno- most importantly, other young people perhaps new to " coming out " are fore-warned.
imo, speculation

Why did he meet up w him again?

We can't blame the victim.

Many women do the same thing.

So for whatever reason. I doubt he wanted it to occur again.

Maybe the suspect is a narcissistic person that gained the victims trust again and again. Or maybe threats were made. Idk.

If the victim was drugged, he may not have immediately realized that he was assaulted, or that others had also allegedly assaulted him, or been aware that he was photographed.
The victim was much younger than the accused..
Victims of s. assault do not necessarily react as others think they should.
alleged, imo, speculation.
On two separate occasions in April 2016, the accused allegedly “administered a noxious substance” to the younger man and sexually assaulted him, Const. Caroline de Kloet said Friday.

She said it’s believed other men who were present in the accused’s home at the time may also have participated in the sex assault in some capacity.

The other men have not yet been identified, de Kloet said.
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/08/05/man-drugged-sexually-assaulted-after-grindr-meetup-cops

I was not blaming the victim I just wondered.

We can't blame the victim.

Many women do the same thing.

So for whatever reason. I doubt he wanted it to occur again.

Maybe the suspect is a narcissistic person that gained the victims trust again and again. Or maybe threats were made. Idk.

Me too, this guy is gross and I am glad they caught him.

Hopefully we might learn more about this case and understand better what happened, glad you posted!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back