LA Felix Vail

athy

Reaction score
hope i'm doing this right. i started reading about this and came here. tried searching here but didn't see anything on this guy. he is scary and glad they finally caught him after all this time.

trial starts August 8, 2016

Meet Felix Vail, the last known person to see three women alive: his wife in 1962, Mary; his common law wife in 1973, Sharon; and his wife in 1984, Annette, in Episode 1 of the USA TODAY special video series, Gone. Steve Elfers, USA TODAY

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/local/felixvailgone/2016/07/28/gone-chapter-1/87405946/

Clarion-Ledger reporter Jerry Mitchell:

https://m.facebook.com/jerry.mitchell.5872?fref=nf

On Twitter: @JMitchellNews

He is in Lake Charles, Louisiana to cover the trial that begins on Monday, August 8.

From his most recent article:

He is the last known person with three women: his wife, Mary Horton Vail, whose 1962 death was declared an accidental drowning and has now been ruled a homicide; the woman he called his wife, Sharon Hensley, who disappeared in 1973; and his wife, Annette Craver Vail, who disappeared in 1984.

All three families are expected to testify at trial — one of the rare cases where this has taken place.
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...e-plays-role-felix-vail-prosecution/87932824/

Do you know Felix Vail?

https://m.facebook.com/doyouknowfelixvail/

That Facebook page belongs to Gina Frenzel, the private investigator who assisted Jerry Mitchell with his investigation into Vail.

Private investigator Gina Frenzel of Kerrville helped bring an accused wife-killer to a Louisiana courtroom this August after she got involved in one of the oldest “cold cases” on record.

She also is working with a documentary company on this story, but is frustrated by no cameras being allowed in the Louisiana courtroom for Vail’s trial. She previously started a Facebook site, “Do you know Felix Vail?”

“It’s really lit up since the national exposure.”

“We have no proof he killed the other two, but I’m convinced there still could be other victims out there,” Frenzel said.
http://m.hccommunityjournal.com/article_4a962d28-58ed-11e6-a57f-a7a93252a995.html?mode=jqm

Jury selection gets underway Monday morning in the trial of Felix Vail.

Defense attorneys are asking for a change of venue due to national publicity in the case. They also argued it's not fair to bring him to trial now, after so many years when evidence is gone and many witnesses are dead or unable to remember.

http://m.kplctv.com/kplctv/db_375878/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=hJCqqmFX

It is the oldest prosecution of a suspected serial killer in U.S. history — nearly 54 years between the Oct. 28, 1962, death of his first wife, Mary, and this week’s trial.

All three families are expected to testify at trial — one of the rare cases where this has taken place.

The trial could make history in other ways.
If a jury convicts Vail and his conviction sticks, this could go down as the “the coldest case ever solved” in America.

That’s what CNN dubbed the 2012 murder conviction of Jack McCullough, who was convicted of the 1957 killing of 7-year-old Maria Elizabeth Ridulph — nearly 55 years between the slaying and the conviction.

But in March, prosecutors asked the trial judge to toss out McCullough’s conviction, determining through phone records that he could not have been present for her abduction. He walked free from prison.

Up to 150 potential jurors are expected to appear this morning at the Calcasieu Parish Courthouse.
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2016/08/08/gone-felix-vail-murder-trial-opens/88381248/

@KplcTschmidt

Judge Robert Wyatt has convened court in the matter of Felix Vail, charged with murder of Mary Horton Vail in 1962.

this is a really great article on the whole case but leaves you wondering if there are more women out there.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story...ad-two-other-missing-jerry-mitchell/95895894/

here are some quotes

Publicity about Vail’s case fueled questions from people across the country. When did he live in California? Texas? Florida? And most often, “Were there other victims?”

His son, Bill, had quoted his father as saying Mexican men had attacked him in Baja, Mexico, and that he had killed one of them, cut up the body and buried the pieces.
“Bill said Felix told him about it and showed him the knife he used,” said Bill’s widow, Janet. “Bill referred to it as a fillet knife.”
She said Bill also told her about how he found a photograph of a naked black woman, face down, inside a box his father kept. “Bill wondered if she was alive or not.”

Not directly related to Felix's murders, all thou it made a headline that he had provided Felix a place to live in TX. He also had a few similarities as that his wife was killed ... very interesting

Fake Marine gave serial killer suspect a home. Now he's accused of bilking man of RV park.

A fake Marine who gave Mississippi native and convicted killer Felix Vail a home is now accused of using a Christian charity to bilk a man of an RV park.

David Thomason portrays himself as a heroic Marine and a generous pastor who aids veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder with his Tree of Light Ministries.

Not directly related to Felix's murders, all thou it made a headline that he had provided Felix a place to live in TX. He also had a few similarities as that his wife was killed ... very interesting

Fake Marine gave serial killer suspect a home. Now he's accused of bilking man of RV park.

A fake Marine who gave Mississippi native and convicted killer Felix Vail a home is now accused of using a Christian charity to bilk a man of an RV park.

David Thomason portrays himself as a heroic Marine and a generous pastor who aids veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder with his Tree of Light Ministries.
We have a saying in Spain. “Dios los cría y ellos se juntan.” God creates them and they get together. Pretty much the equivalent of birds of a feather flock together. I wonder how many other friends are out there that have also killed wives and/or family members. It’s disturbing.

We have a saying in Spain. “Dios los cría y ellos se juntan.” God creates them and they get together. Pretty much the equivalent of birds of a feather flock together. I wonder how many other friends are out there that have also killed wives and/or family members. It’s disturbing.

Oh yes indeed Suglo you are so right .... it is rather interesting the similiarities and yes their could be more friends that were involved with crimes similar. I wonder how much he truly knows about Felix and what happened to Mary, Sharon and Annette. Have longed followed Felix's case .... was marveled by batgirl she is good and the incredibly written Gone story... have read it a dozen times it really captures one into the story

Two times a year Angola hosts a Rodeo at Angola its a lot of fun ... prisoners sell their crafts and some are working the craft booths and some are behind a fence. Have bought wonderful wood items, earrings and a Louisiana license plate crafted into an ash tray its really a great conversation piece. The prisoners are the riders they do various games and challenges, its something to see. Any who I keep my eyes peeled looking for Vail

Oh yes indeed Suglo you are so right .... it is rather interesting the similiarities and yes their could be more friends that were involved with crimes similar. I wonder how much he truly knows about Felix and what happened to Mary, Sharon and Annette. Have longed followed Felix's case .... was marveled by batgirl she is good and the incredibly written Gone story... have read it a dozen times it really captures one into the story
I was marveled by her also! I love reading true crime longform articles which is how I found out about this case. Felix reminds me a little of Terry Rasmussen although I doubt Terry was able to charm the women like Felix did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back