GUILTY CA - Carina Mancera, 26, & Jennabel Anaya, 4, slain, Long Beach, 6 Aug 2016

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
attachment.php

A 4-year-old girl and mother who were shot and killed near their home in Long Beach were identified Sunday.

Long Beach police confirmed early Sunday morning the young child, identified by family members as Jennabel Anaya, died at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center.

Officers responded to the shooting Saturday shortly before 9:30 p.m. at 9th Street and Locust Avenue and
found the mother, 26-year-old Carina Mancera, and the child shot.

(...)

One witness, who did not want to be identified for safety reasons, said he saw a suspected shooter in a white four-door Honda Civic jump out of the back seat of the car and approach the family.

(...)

Detectives on Sunday were looking for surveillance video and more witnesses as the investigation continued.
http://abc7.com/news/4-year-old-girl-mother-fatally-shot-near-home-in-long-beach/1460298/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 590
According to a family member, the family, along with Mancera's husband, had just returned from the grocery store and street parked.

Mancera grabbed some bags and walked toward their home with the 4-year-old. The child's father and husband to Mancera stayed behind to get the heavier groceries and lock up the car. That is when he heard gunshots, ran toward his wife and daughter and saw them both on the ground, according to family members.
http://abc7.com/news/4-year-old-girl-mother-fatally-shot-near-home-in-long-beach/1460298/

Holding his head in his hands as he sat beside a small memorial to his slain wife and daughter, Luis Anaya said he had no idea who opened fire on his family.

Anaya said he and his family were returning home from the grocery store when shots rang out at the intersection. A man with his "face covered up" produced a gun and walked up to the intersection and shot at them, Anaya said.

"I couldn't make his face," Anaya said. "When I tried to look at him he shot at me."

Seated next to a small array of votive candles and flowers that had sprung up at the shooting scene, Anaya spoke between sobs, mumbling answers to questions from reporters as he shook his head in shock.

"They shot my wife and daughter," he said.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-long-beach-toddler-shot-20160807-snap-story.html

I can't even imagine experiencing this. Just coming home from the grocery store! Prayers for Carina and Jennabel as well as Mr Mancera. Just horrible.

This is going to be gang related, possibly mistaken identity

Of course the husband/father will be suspect numero uno as he was the only one not hurt.

Not sure how credible this info is as it's from the Daily Mail, but there seems to be disparity between eyewitness accounts and the husband/father's version:

"Witness accounts seemed to contradict Anaya's statement that he was with his family at the time of the attack, with neighbors saying he came running toward the pair from his apartment after the gunshots rang out."

"Meanwhile family members told ABC7 that the family had just pulled up outside their apartment in a car before the shots rang out."

"Mancera and her daughter had gone ahead with the lighter shopping, according to the site, while Anaya had hung back to collect the heavier groceries."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-grocery-store-California.html#ixzz4Gjevin5g

This trend of setting up Go Fund Me accounts while the bodies are still warm, which is happening with more and more frequency in headline murder/death cases, just seems wrong. But maybe it's just me.

I hope this doesn't sound hateful, but setting a fund raiser over the internet is much faster, and requires no leg work or 20 phone calls to do a fund raiser! Yes, people are sometimes a little lazy. Think about how long and how much work would need to be done to have a bake sale or a community potluck supper.

They had a car wash the other day near my neighborhood to raise money for funeral expenses.

This was a particularly vicious crime. I'm inclined to say the death penalty is called for here, but it takes about 40 years (or more) to execute anyone in California anymore.

This case is being profiled on Nancy Grace tonight for those interested.

I'm sure a transcript will be available fairly soon. FWIW, NG just said that LE has stated that the father is absolutely, 100% a victim too.

They had a car wash the other day near my neighborhood to raise money for funeral expenses.

This was a particularly vicious crime. I'm inclined to say the death penalty is called for here, but it takes about 40 years (or more) to execute anyone in California anymore.
I think it's nice all the way around when fundraisers are held. Everybody involved feels a sense of accomplishment, as well as feeling good about helping someone in need out. Granted, you can give somebody $25.00 and help out financially, but that's a no brainer as far as effort put into helping others.
I do private duty nursing, and the mom of the child I took care of had her cancer return after being cancer free for almost nine years. Some friends, some people she worked with, and people from her daughter's school had a chili supper and donated items were used for a silent auction. If I remember correctly, about $1200.00 was raised.

P.S. Maybe Calif should put a law into force like Kansas has. It is called the hard 50, meaning the person has to serve 50 years before they are eligible for parole. Might be something you could consider writing to your congressman about!

Of course the husband/father will be suspect numero uno as he was the only one not hurt.

I am sure he will be. But after watching him a few times, I don't think he has anything to do with this. Someone shot his 4 yr old baby girl point blaNK. I just don't see this man doing that at all.

What channel does Nancy Grace come on?

Saw this on Nancy Grace tonight and it's just horrible!

Haven't read any of the news articles but going to do so now.

Can you plz give me the name of the channel or the call letters? I haven't been able to find it.

Can you plz give me the name of the channel or the call letters? I haven't been able to find it.

HLN [ I DONT KNOW WHAT IT STANDS FOR---it is usually right next to CNN or MSNBC

I'm surprised this isn't on the front page of all news sites. This is just horrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back